✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Top 15 Songs (Radiohead)-Congrats to The Final Track on winning!!

the_gloaming09

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here goes. Obviously not the entire song, but there's certain parts of each song that are kind of similar. Enough for it to come to mind when I'm listening to the studio version of Fog; that's why I prefer the piano 'Again' version better.

I will patiently await the stones that are about to be hurled at my head.

*Throws stones at head* !!!

At least you chose the only F&TM song I like. But I don't see how it could be linked to Fog.

Really I don't understand how people could prefer the piano version to the studio version of Fog. Not that I find Fog (Again) bad, I just think the studio version is a millions times better and the piano version version somehow removes all that makes the song so great. Like, this feeling you get when you listen to it. As if you'd be getting through clouds or something. And all is muffled around. And this progression in the song. Like something that is slowly waking up and getting more and more intense. You can't hear it at all in the piano version. It just ruins it.

sorry, but I don't understand how you can't understand that someone prefers the piano version of the song over the studio version while you are talking about the emotions you get when you listen to the studio version....music is all about emotions for me...the memories you have when you listen to a certain song...and since the lists where supposed to be about our PERSONAL favourite Radiohead songs (since it is Radiohead we shouldn't be discussing the quality of each song) I am sure everyone put those songs on their lists that hit them hardest emotionally.---

and if the piano version of the song hits someone emotionally it can't be useles at all...

sorry, but I don't understand how you can't understand that someone prefers the piano version of the song over the studio version while you are talking about the emotions you get when you listen to the studio version....music is all about emotions for me...the memories you have when you listen to a certain song...and since the lists where supposed to be about our PERSONAL favourite Radiohead songs (since it is Radiohead we shouldn't be discussing the quality of each song) I am sure everyone put those songs on their lists that hit them hardest emotionally.---

and if the piano version of the song hits someone emotionally it can't be useles at all...

Haha maybe I got a little carried away :lol:. I can see why you thought I was being close minded or something. Of course everyone can like what they want and it's true it's all subjective. I know that and I respect everyone's opinion. :P

FOR ALL THE HATERS OF THE LIVE PIANO VERSION, LISTEN TO WHAT THE MASTER HIMSELF SAYS ABOUT IT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWucA7e-LRg&feature=bf_next&list=PL3F68C26EEF24BBFD&index=10]YouTube - Radiohead - Fog[/ame]

there, take that :phu:

Getting back to the main point of this thread... I can't decide between list B and C.

I've ruled out A because:

- I'm not a huge fan of 'You and Whose Army?', and not only is it ON the list, but it's the first one

- I don't really care for 'Morning Bell' either

- Although I like 'Bodysnatchers', it's my least favorite on IR, but it's the first song from IR on the list

I think I'm leaning toward List C, but listening to 'Life in a Glass House' makes me want to punch the shit out of a random inanimate object for some reason, so I'm gonna have to let this decision mull in my brain for another day or two. B or C, C or B, hmmm...

Side note: I didn't realize 'Pyramid Song' was so popular. When I first heard it I didn't really like it because it was a bit, I don't know, unsettling or something. I think it's because of the constantly changing time sigs. But the more I listen to it, the more it grows on me, and I really like it now.

I go as far as to say the piano version is shit. So cheesy.

Fog is a top 5 b-side.

No comparison.

Piano version sucks.

Ah finally some people agreeing with me ! *high five*

FOR ALL THE HATERS OF THE LIVE PIANO VERSION, LISTEN TO WHAT THE MASTER HIMSELF SAYS ABOUT IT

there, take that :phu:

Yeah I've seen that before. Well, fuck Thom Yorke. :phu:

To go back on topic too, I don't know whether i'm gonna vote for B or C either. I'm sure not gonna vote for A though. The choice is being a hard one because none of the lists is really satisfying me. Damn, I should have made one :disappointed:.

Play along at least a little won't you?

I don't think any one is really offended by a difference of opinion here.

and following the order of the posts, he was actually agreeing with me anyway

when I say that I want to punch the shit out of an inanimate object due to listening to a particular song, that means I don't like the song

So last night I was leaning toward C, now I'm leaning toward B... ugh, I don't know! I think what I need to do is see which songs are on both lists, factor those out and then judge the remaining songs on the lists. I didn't think this was going to be that hard.

edit: After doing that, with the remaining 8 songs on each list and comparing that to my personal list... I shared 4 songs on 'remaining' list B, compared to 3 songs on 'remaining' list C. Hence, I'm going with B.