✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Auditions?

Megalomania

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the good luck everyone :nice:

Okay, so it was scales and solo in one room, and then sight reading in another. I did scales and solo first, and I got E major (3 octave), E flat, and E-E chromatic (3 octave). I only had a couple little sloppy parts in E major and E flat, but for chromatic I started playing the E major scale, then 3 notes in realized my derp so I stopped, took a breath, and did the chromatic fine after that. (:facepalm:)

Solo went pretty well I think, but they didn't pick anything from the intro which I was expecting them to, and I had planned on getting most of my musicality points from...... so with that in mind I tried to add some dynamics into the other part, because at that point I knew I had to make up for the scales. :sweatdrop: Altogether it was about 6 lines, not too bad.

Sight reading. . . I don't really want to think about that. D: I'm a sophomore, and this year has been my first year having to deal with any sort of sight reading. Let's just say it was a fail. They picked an exceptionally difficult sight reading exercise, with triplets, sixteenth note, eight note rhythms, etc in the key of Ab with 4 flats (points gun to head). So basically I failed that entire part but I thought to myself "Fuck it, if I had time to look this over and practice it I still would have had a ton of trouble with it".

So yeah. Waiting on results now, they should be calling within the next few hours or so. :anxious:

Oh, I forgot to mention the shaking! :awesome:

When I got into the scales and solo room, they had two cards flipped over, and you picked one and it had on it the scales you had to play. So I flipped mine over and I was shaking so hard I dropped it. :facepalm: Needless to say, that affected my playing. :\

Good luck! Hope it's good news! I remember those days of auditioning for region and state band. Oh Lord, I could really work myself up into a class A frenzy before my auditions. It didn't get any better when I was in college, either. I would still get so nervous before juries and recitals.

I've heard that eating bananas helps with the nerves. Or... taking beta blockers. :)

Good luck! Hope it's good news! I remember those days of auditioning for region and state band. Oh Lord, I could really work myself up into a class A frenzy before my auditions. It didn't get any better when I was in college, either. I would still get so nervous before juries and recitals.

I've heard that eating bananas helps with the nerves. Or... taking beta blockers. :)

Thanks! And yeah, I don't think anyone can just not be nervous. :P

(getting lost on the way there and arriving 12 minutes before my audition didn't help me either :|)

Thanks for the banana tip, I'll have to try that next time.

Do it! :wacko:

Thanks! My band director emailed me and congratulated me. :dazzled:

Out of 6 from our school that auditioned, only 2 made it in: Me, and I got 15th chair out of 24 that made it (65 or so auditioned, still can't freakin believe it :dead:), and an oboe, who got 4th chair out of 4 that made it, not sure how many auditioned but it was about 15.

*appears in thread*

I auditioned for All-State Chorale at the beginning of last month; I'm an alto. I got in. :wacky:

I'm also in 8th grade chorale, the highest chorale in the school. Last year's 8th grade went to a singing competition for high schoolers, and got 1st place. :awesome:

/bragging about awesome chorale

*appears in thread*

I auditioned for All-State Chorale at the beginning of last month; I'm an alto. I got in. :wacky:

I'm also in 8th grade chorale, the highest chorale in the school. Last year's 8th grade went to a singing competition for high schoolers, and got 1st place. :awesome:

/bragging about awesome chorale

:stunned: Congrats my friend!

Have you heard of Theresa Hauge? She's from my school, good friends :P

I'm like 70% Tenor, 30% Baritone...4G is the highest I can go...2E is my lowest hahaha

Same here, our previous principal was a former football player so that's all he cared about. -.-

Our new principal is a science nerd, which I'm happy about. My school still doesn't care about music though, unfortunately *sigh*

Congrats!

The funny thing was, my football coach hired me to film for the whole season and he have....a 0 streak so putting together a video is ognna be hard; BUT, i still get payed :lol:

Basically, everyone from my whole state who wants to be in a high-level choir has to try out for All-State Chorale, since my whole entire state, being the fifth-smallest (in terms of population) in the US, has 89,934 people (according to the 2010 census). :)

Nope, sorry, never heard of her. :P

Lol, don't be. :P I hate how I sound (more of a math geek). But I personally know both the highest ranking soprano and tenor - they went to my old school. Which is even more unlikely, since the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders combined amount to 60 people, tops. :lol:

I'm an aspiring (that's what you meant, right? :P) mathematician/physicist with the resume...of exactly that. :P

Hopefully I get into the math and science specialty school (aka NERD SCHOOL :dazzled:) I want, otherwise high school's gonna be a nightmare...

Yeah, I did an awful parody of The Scientist for Health class about burns. Don't even ask.