✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Auditions?

Megalomania

My audition number was F9[/url]

I got Clarinet III-I

3rd clarinet part, but I made it! :D

So I forgot to update this too lol. . . I found out that this list is in order of scores, so out of the clarinets accepted to area band symphonic band, so technically I got 5th chair symphonic band (also, 9 clarinets were accepted to the more elite wind ensemble, that got higher scores). :wacky: But, they divided up the parts so that they "would have strong people on all sections" so I got principal chair 3rd. :sad: There are people that did worse than me, that are playing 1st music which is quite a bummer, but I'm still thrilled I made it.

One of our Area pieces is this:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Clarinet part is CRAZY, sight reading rehearsal was a joke hahahaha. D:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh El Camino Real! Memories!!!!!! I played that in several high school concerts back in my day! One being my high school spring concert and the other two being honor band concerts! A great piece of band literature with horn parts that are sick, sick, sick!

Oh El Camino Real! Memories!!!!!! I played that in several high school concerts back in my day! One being my high school spring concert and the other two being honor band concerts! A great piece of band literature with horn parts that are sick, sick, sick!

Yeah, the entire song is sick. :P :awesome:

Welp, in 12 hours and 45 minutes I will shaking, sweating, and wanting to run out of Mahwah High School. :|

I'm already starting to freak out haha, I think I'll have grey hair when I'm young from all this stress. :bigcry:

I've put away my clarinet so that I don't freak myself out more, but at the same time I really want to practice. . . D: But I also don't want to tire out my embouchure, which would be pretty bad. :anxious:

My band director told me that if I make it into Regions, he'll give me a 100 all year. :lol: MOTIVATION WHOOOOOO

So yeah I don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight, yay~ Always like this for auditions. :sad:

Haha, I did! :P

I auditioned for 3 levels of honors bands (County, Area, Region) so far. Region auditions were today, and I'm STILL WAITING ON THE RESULTS GAH FKDJS:LFKDSL:FJDKSL:FJSLFJDSKFJlds :freak:

Seriously, not even Area took this long to be announced. D:

What you didnt make it D:

I'm sorry Christina :hug:

I'm gonna find them director people and slap them with this 512 page staff paper book i bought!

I'm so pissed at the judges from the scales/sight reading room because there was this reflective thingy they were sitting in front of so I could see them and after I screwed up one scale one of the judges was smirking, as if she thought it was absolutely hilarious that I was a nervous wreck. :|

well atleast you tried your best and now you know what to expect for next time!

atleast you tried, but seriously youll make it next time!!! (you have to make a thread so we can all keep up to date)

oh and p.s. I LOVE YOUR AVATAR/SIG :wacky:

Yeah true, it's good audition experience. I feel like County Band auditions next year will be like a joke. :lol:

Thanks. :hug: I'm hoping I'll improve within a year. At least I'll know the scales better- this year was the first time I've had to memorize a scale that wasn't Bb. :P Especially the difficult scales (5 sharps/flats and up), I only had one month to memorize them. :| Even though the solo will be changing from year to year, the scales will always be the same so each year I'll improve them.

And thank you, I quite like them too. :wacky: (I didn't make either of them :P)