✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Auditions?

Megalomania

I did open mics...used to :embarrassed:

Yes Aspiring :P Good thing is that everyone knows I'm a Coldplay nut who knows most of their songs on piano, the bad bit, only 5% of my school likes them :lol:

Some Navy recruiter guy wants me to join the Navy :confused: I'm like, with all do respect I feel the Air Force is better....plus I'm frail so I'll die 3 days into boot camp

I want to go to a good collage so the NROTC Program is great...but you have to serve 5 years :wreck:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously doubt the area band guest conductor will top him. Professor Bott was such a freakin genius he scared me. And I was in the front row so his crazy eyes would watch me while I played. o.o

Can't wait until the cd recording of the county band concert gets here, maybe I can upload it and post it here. :wacky:

My school is even worse...only 5 people know of them, three of those being my teachers. ARGH. :bigcry: And there are 900 people...

...do you think I even care about the navy? :lol:

Ivy League for me. :cool:

The navy part was because the Navy, Air Force, etc, pays for college so thats why :P

I don't sing LULZ.

Actually, according to Professor Bott of Rutgers University, I NEED TO SING THROUGH MY CLARINET. :dazzled:

What a crazy man, gotta love him.

LMFAO so does that mean my fingers are singing when I play piano?

No because the piano is not a clarinet and clarinets are far superior. :snobby:

Only kidding, I think that it's easier to get that feeling of "being one with the instrument" when it's a wind instrument because you're breathing into it, if that makes any sense. :thinking:

But sometimes I kind of. . . get that feeling, where the clarinet almost feels like part of me. And that's when I play the best. :nod: (God that sounds so cheesy, but it's true! :P)

Yeah, that's 6th, 7th and 8th, though. I think around 10 people from my school got in to All-State. :thinking:

I think my sight-singing was slightly better than everyone else's because I've played the piano since 3rd grade. :P

Okay, I went to an elementary school, and it was kindergarten-8th grade, and we only had 450 students total. :|

650 or so in the high school total, from 3 towns.

We usually get 5 or so in county, 1 or 2 in area, and 1 or 2 in region. I don't think we've had people in all state in a while, because NJ has a ton of ridiculously talented Asian musicians (being completely serious here :|)

My old school, though, which was toddlers-6th grade, had only 500 people. But it was a private Montessori school. :shrug: (god, I miss that school :bigcry:)

I'm not surprised about the Asian musician thing, tbh. I think around a 5th of the people at CTY (read: nerd camp) at Lancaster are from Jersey, and since this is nerd camp, at least a 3rd of those people, if not more, are Asian. And most of them are really good at violin/cello/*insert instrument here.*

Thats awesome!!! :awesome:

I'm picking up Believe since I started last year but never leasrned it fully, plus since I know a bit more about sheet music, its a lot easier now then it was last year!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ19mW-TMRk]The Polar Express- "Believe" - YouTube[/ame]

Thats awesome!!! :awesome:

I'm picking up Believe since I started last year but never leasrned it fully, plus since I know a bit more about sheet music, its a lot easier now then it was last year!

Aw that's so pretty! Good luck with it. :wacko:

I only started reading this thread to day and its too long to read so can you give me a summary of what happened?

Pllease tell me you tried!

Well I did county band, got 4th chair out of 23 who auditioned. Excellent concert, and our guest conductor was the eccentric but incredible Darryl Bott from Rutgers University. Yesterday was the North Jersey Area Band auditions, and despite some sight reading difficulties, I got 14th chair out of 52 that auditioned and therefore made it in. Next level, Region band,'s audition is January 7th. I'm not expecting to make it in but whatever, it's good experience. :nice:

:D i knew it! im so happy for you!!!

Thank you! :blush:

Do it! :wacko:

Thanks! My band director emailed me and congratulated me. :dazzled:

Out of 6 from our school that auditioned, only 2 made it in: Me, and I got 15th chair out of 24 that made it (65 or so auditioned, still can't freakin believe it :dead:), and an oboe, who got 4th chair out of 4 that made it, not sure how many auditioned but it was about 15.

Congratulations!! That's great news!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I just wanted to say that Region Band auditions are this Saturday. Apparently about 90 clarinets from the northernmost 6 counties of New Jersey will be auditioning. :sweatdrop:

Scale requirements are all 12 major scales (actually 14, up to 7 sharps and 7 flats but technically they're equivalent to the scales with 5 sharps and 5 flats), and chromatic with any starting note the judges want. SO. Scales is 30 points per judge.

Then for the solo, the entire piece is fair game. D: Solo is 50 points per judge.

Then I have no clue about sight reading. . .that's the point of it. It's worth 20 points per judge.

And the auditions are ALL THE WAY UP IN MAHWAH jfkdslajf;ldkasjlf;dsajflasjfkdlas RAGE.

My specific audition time is 10:30, so I'll be getting up pretty early. :shifty: