✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every 'SAMPLE' Is A Waterfall......

I'm sorry but if one of the biggest bands in the world are reduced to sampling on a comeback single then god help music. I hate when bands sample......just lazy, uncreative.

I really thought Viva was a peak and was looking forward to the new album. The new song towards the end just builds like a poor man's Lovers In Japan. The lyrics are just in places utter shit. The song as a whole is too safe, predictable.

But it is only one song and Coldplay would never do a whole album of toilet.

So bring it on and flush that one song (Chris you can have that line mate)

:)

I'm sorry but, 'reduced to sampling'? Some might say sampling is a form of art. You're entitled to your opinion, but you would do well to make it a considered one.

I just think it's uncreative. If you like a melody just play around and try and better it. That's what the Beatles did.

I think you are totally entitled to that opinion, but being a huge fan of electronic music -- I disagree about this "sampling" thing. Sampling in and of itself is an artform.

I think that shows Coldplay's creativity that they heard a song written back in the late 80's early 90's and thought "hey, this song has a great chord structure!" Keep in mind the older version was a honky-tonk piano style and that holds no other similarities beyond the chords remained.

Is this Sparks? No, but I appreciate so many forms of music from Indie-rock to Dub-step so this song is a great uplifting beat.

We can't expect Chris and the guys to invent new chords for their songs so If they feel they need to recycle an old sample because the chord structure was pleasant -- more power to them.

Besides, I'm sure Chris will do an acoustic version of this song and all the girls that I've been reading on facebook who commented how disappointed they were in the song will fall back in love, LOL.

Personally, I think this song just screams for a live performance and is amazingly uplifting.