✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

You know that thing where people split up but agree to "stay friends"?

hotdensestate

Yeah, hence waiting for a long-term srs bisns relationship, but doesn't explain waiting for MARRIAGE unless you're religious. (Which your girlfriend probs was if she's one of those crazy bitch Catholics who actually believe in God and stuff. But seriously man you don't hang around with the right Catholics :thinking:)

Most of my friends aren't like total sluts who get in relationships for sex or just fuck random people they don't know, but imo to not have sex during high school b/c you're waiting for a civil institution to be instated on you is just kinda cray-cray.

Someone I know is such a catholic and she wanted to remain a virgin until marriage so much that when she and her boyfriend were horny... they got sexual and all, and in order for her not to lose her virginity, they.. took the read door :blank:

Someone I know is such a catholic and she wanted to remain a virgin until marriage so much that when she and her boyfriend were horny... they got sexual and all, and in order for her not to lose her virginity, they.. took the read door :blank:

I think this whole virginity-thing is more about staying "pure", so any kind of sexual interaction would destroy the girl's "purity".

Some religious people are strange. :blank:

most people loose their virginity when they are like 17-20

I don't mean to counter that, but I'm pretty sure the numbers are lower than that.

WUT. D: D: D:

I don't mean to counter that, but I'm pretty sure the numbers are lower than that.

Heh yeah, I have had so many friends have abortions, miscarriages, pregnancy scares, and of course babies (one of them even had twins lulz)

and some people from school tried to rape some of them too. :|

For the most part, yeah, as in, for most people, yeah. But I've managed to do it fine, I've known quite a few people who've managed it fine, and although I think everyone may disagree with this, I think having the same group of friends makes it easier. After the break-up there's a cooling off period, I don't think anyone breaks up and then goes to see a movie the next day, after that cooling off period then eventually you get over it. It's only weird when with them in a group of friends for the first few times, people around you move on, then it's not a big deal, just takes some time.

However if you don't have the same group of friends, the idea of meeting them alone, or possibly even worse with only 1 other person (Who feels an awkward "Am I even a third wheel what is this?!" kinda vibe) or for them to just visit at your house, it's strange, I don't know at what point that stops being strange because I haven't dared to try it. If she's not part of a group of people I know then that's the end of it, so weird how it goes from being a heavy relationship, in constant touch, thinking of the future, to just dead stop, neither of you can really be arsed texting or calling because it just has awkward all over it. I know a guy who broke up with his girlfriend after 2 years recently, had plans to travel all over Europe for 2 months, they broke up, a few texts and a phonecall to see how the other ones doing over a week, and thats it- they'll probably never speak again. She's in her group which isn't exactly in his area, he's in his group, it's just too awkward to go that extent of actually meeting up. Yeah, it is very odd how it suddenly stops like that, but I can understand it, it's just how it goes.

Also there's a stigma attached, even if you get past the uphill battle of genuinely seeing them as just a friend, your friends don't see it that way. If you say to someone "Ah I've just been hanging out with Shanaynay at my place" they'll be like ":wtf:.... somethings going on again?" and that's just a close friend, imagine what your parents think, or people you don't know very well, if you're seen in public with your ex there's going to be rumours that somethings going on again. So even if you've handled it well personally with them, you have a bunch of other shit to deal with from people's suspicions, and that will always keep it lingering on your mind so it'll never feel like a natural friendship really.

I lived with 3 people for a few months between houses and still keep in touch, it was quite weird getting to know my housemates friends and discovering that out of about 15-20 of the 'regulars' in the group, half of them had been in relationships/had sex, one girl had slept with one of them ages ago, went out with another one for a few years, and when I'd met them, was then going out with his best friend (Both of those guys living with me) and yet, it wasn't even awkward at all. I had no idea this had happened, and that was only the start of it (And no it wasn't an orgy house, I fricken wish).

Much worse then those who have this facade of trying to be friends but everyone knows its not going to happen, is people who remain friends and still casually fuck eachother when drunk/bored. Then this builds into "on-again/off-again" territory which if you've had friends involved in that, you'll know how fucking annoying it can be. Of course you always support your friends but you can't help but get sick of it, one of my friends broke up with the same girl like 5 times in a handful of months and I remember he invited us round to cheer him up or whatever, but when he mentioned it AGAIN and how it's definitely over AGAIN, as cruel as it is, we kinda just ignored it. Personally I didn't even mean to ignore it, it was just kindof a natural reaction, very thoughtless but at the same time you get a bit de-sensitised to the same 'crushing breakup' happening to your friend every other week.

I think for a lot of people "Let's just be friends" is just a phrase, if you were friends before you started dating, it might work, but if you've always known them as your lover, no, that's another very difficult habit to break.

It is possible. It just depends I guess ...

I've experienced a case where this didn't work and where this works out. One ex wanted to stay friends when we broke up (we hung out with the same people so we would still see eachother anyway) but I wasn't over him so it really hurted me to be with him and it irritated him that I tried to win him back everytime. We should have taken a break back then en then try to be friends again, but it was too late for that then. He actually started to avoid our friends as well and so now none of us see him anymore on a regular basis.

In the other case we both agreed with the break up and remained in touch and that went well. I also heard this worked out for others. I guess that when you feel both the relationship doesn't work anymore it is possible then to become just friends again, especially when in the relationship you both felt more like brother and sister than lovers :P