✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mose's Tabs Continued (Complete Us Against the World Tab inside)

Timewarp, if you look at the UATW tab I posted, you can see that there's a "2nd guitar" part, which is all the chords in standard tuning......but it just doesn't sound as good as it is in Chris's tuning/thumb chords.

I write my tabs as left to right = closest-to-you to farthest from you, when looking at the guitar while playing it. I hope that makes sense.

Yah I saw that, thanks MTM, when I was fiddling around it did sound like that chordes. My fingers just have to freaking adapt.

As for the strings, I understand...so my strings are wrong....F****

Can you also please tab a simplier version of Don Quixote please?

so about those Don Quixote tabs....

B F# F#sus F#

e] 2---2---2--|-6---6---6--|-7---7---7--|-6---6---6--|

B] -4---4---4-|--7---7---7-|--7---7---7-|--7---7---7-|

G] --4---4----|---6---6----|---6---6----|---6---6----|

D] -----------|------------|------------|------------|

A] -----------|------------|------------|------------|

E] -----------|------------|------------|------------|

This is one I found on Ultimate-Guitar.com. Now I read your a beginner, so I suggest you try to play it as follows:

e] -2---2---2--|-6---6---6--|-7---7---7--|-7---7---7--|

B] -4---4---4--|-7---7---7--|-7---7---7--|-7---7---7--|

G] -4---4---4--|-6---6---6--|-6---6---6--|-6---6---6--|

D] -----------|------------|------------|------------|

A] -----------|------------|------------|------------|

E] -----------|------------|------------|------------|

I don't usually make/adapt tabs, so this might not be perfect, but it sounds all right :)

• 2 years later...

Here's the lead guitar (and implicitly, the chords) and the bass guitar to Always in My Head. :)

WARNING - the forum may resize some of these posts so the ideal thing is if you C+P what I've written into another text editor to view it without unnecessary line breaks.

Also, if anyone wants me to do the drums on this song (well, an approximation of the beat since I've never done electronic drums) - let me know!

Always In My Head - Coldplay

This song is in 6/8; in case you’re not familiar with my tabs, I document 6/8 as having 2 fat beats composed of the 3 eighth notes.

Jonny uses a delay for this riff, I believe it lasts for the duration of a dotted quarter note (one of the “fat beats” in this tab). That means the echo of each beat carries to the next. Cool right?

I have documented the album version, but live, the top notes vary from performance to performance. The asterisks mark where I have heard, in my analysis of live performances, Jonny exchanging the B string note between a C (13th fret) and D (15th fret). 

This same 4 line unit gets repeated twice (once for the chorus, once for the instrumental).
 Gm7                                           Bbadd9               
e|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|
B|---13-------13-----13-|---13-------13-----13-|---13-------13-----13-|---13-------13-----13-|
G|10---------|----------|10---------|----------|10---------|----------|10---------|----------|
D|------12/15|----15----|------12/15|----15----|------12/15|----15----|------12/15|----15----|
A|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|
E|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|

Dm7                                           C/E         *          C           *    
e|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|
B|---13-------15-----13-|---13-------15-----13-|---13-------13-----13-|---13-------15-----13-|
G|10---------|----------|10---------|----------|10---------|----------|10---------|----------|
D|------12/15|----15----|------12/15|----15----|------12/15|----15----|------12/15|----15----|
A|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|
E|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|----------------------|

Gm7         *                                 Bbadd9               
B|---13-------15-----13-|---13-------13-----13-|---13-------13-----13-|---13-------13-----13-|

Dm7                                           C/E         *          C           *    
B|---13-------15-----13-|---13-------15-----13-|---13-------13-----13-|---13-------15-----13-|

In the 2nd half of the verse, Jonny does soundswells (where you turn the volume off and turn it off after you’ve plucked a note or chord)
 Gm7                 Badd9               Dm7                 C/E       C
e|-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|
B|13-----------------|6------------------|13-----------------|8------------------|
G|10--|----|----|----|3---|----|----|----|10--|----|----|----|5---|----|----|----| x2
D|12--|----|----|----|3---|----|----|----|12--|----|----|----|5---|----|----|----|
A|-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|
E|-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|

In the very last four bars, Jonny plays this. I’m not sure about the rhythm but if you get that 6/8 feel and have the delay, it doesn’t matter. 

e|-----------------20----------20--|
B|---------------------------------|
G|17----------17--|------17--------| x4
D|----------------|----------------|
A|---------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------|

Bass
Intro
 Gm7                 Bbadd9              Dm                  C/E       C   
G|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|
D|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|
A|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|5---|----|----|----|7---|----|3---|----|
E|3--------|---------|6--------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|

G|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|
D|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|
A|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|5---|----|----|----|----|----|3---|----|
E|3--------|---------|6--------|---------|---------|---------|0--------|---------|

Verse – in the TV special, Guy plays this, but in subsequent performances does not:
D|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----| x2
A|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|5---|----|----|----|7---|----|3---|----|
E|3--------|---------|6--------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|

At the second half of the verse, he joins with this:
A|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|5---|----|----|----|----|----|3---|----|
E|3--------|---------|6--------|---------|---------|---------|0--------|---------|
A|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|5---|----|----|----|----|----|3---|---5|

Chorus
A|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|---3|5---|---5|5---|----|----|----|3---|-3-5|
E|3-------3|3-----1-3|6-------6|6-----6--|---------|---------|0--------|---------|

G|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----10-9--|
D|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|10--|-----8|
A|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|---3|5---|---5|5---|----|7---|--10|----|------|
E|3-------3|3-----1-3|6-------6|6-----6--|---------|---------|---------|-----------|

Bass Solo during the instrumental (note on the album version, there are two bass lines – the lower one plays the chorus bassline that is documented after this). 

Gm7                     Bbadd9  
G|--7---7---7|--7---7---7|--10---10---10|--10---10---10|
D|5---5|--5--|5---5|--5--|8----8|---8---|8----8|---8---|
A|-----|-----|-----|-----|------|-------|------|-------|
E|-----------|-----------|--------------|--------------|

Dm7                         C  
G|--14---14--14|--14---14--14|--12---12--12|--12---12-14--|
D|12--12|--12--|12--12|--12--|10--10|--10--|10--10|-----12|
A|------|------|------|------|------|------|------|-------|
E|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------|

Instrumental if you’re not into the solo thing. Guy plays this at the iTunes performance only. Thereon after he plays the solo.
D|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----| x2
A|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|---3|5---|---5|5---|---5|3---|---3|3---|-3-5|
E|3-------3|3-------5|6-------6|6-----6--|---------|------5--|---------|---------|

Outro

Bass to Fly On right here mate:

Fly On (bass)- Coldplay

Time signature: triplets nested inside an 8/8 time signature. For bass you really only need to worry about “3-3-2” (the same rhythm as Clocks). To get really serious about this, the following line of tab shows on the top row, the accents in Chris’s piano part in large X’s, and on the bottom row, the bass part. Hence, at the macro level, the easiest way to count is to count up to 8 or 3-3-2. [Note that Chris’s piano part is accented as three groups of 4 eighth notes and a quartet of eighth notes so that it goes 3-3-3-3-4, or you can think of it as two 6/8 bars followed by a 4/8 bar.] So all this is to say, the rhythm/time signature in this song is really complicated in a fascinatingly simple way. 

But since we’re worried about bass for now, just pretend it’s 3-3-2. ;)

G|X---x----x---X----x---x----X---x----x---X----x---x----X---x----x---x---|
D|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|
A|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|
E|B--------------------------B--------------------------B----------------|

Guy comes in at the end of the first chorus of course on a pickup (I added a few lyrics for reference): 
                                                                       Flyyyyyyy 
                                         F                             Bb/D
G|---------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
A|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|5---|----|
E|---------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|

ooon
 Eb6/9                                   Eb6/9                         Bb/D
G|---------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
A|6---|----|----|6---|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|
E|---------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|

2nd Verse – these two lines twice
                               Flock of  birds…
                              Into smoke turned
 Eb6/9                                   Bb
A|6---|----|----|6---|----|----|----|----|5---|----|----|5---|----|----|5---|----|

Still I
 Gm                                      F                             Bb/D                
A|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|5---|----|
E|3--------------3--------------3--------|1--------------1-----------------------|

2nd Chorus
 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal  ways
 Eb6/9                                   Bb/D
A|6---|----|----|6---|----|----|----|----|5---|----|----|5---|----|----|----|----|
E|---------------------------------------|------------------------------5--------|

E|3--------------3--------------3--------|1--------------1-----------------------|

a -  waaaaay
A|6---|----|----|6---|----|----|6---|----|5---|----|----|5---|----|----|5---|----|

gone                          fly

When the guitars enter, play these two lines twice
ooooon
A|6---|----|----|6---|----|----|6---|----|5---|----|----|5---|----|----|5---|----|

fly
A|10--|----|----|10--|----|----|10--|----|8---|----|----|8---|----|----|5---|----|

“Maybe one day…” [these two lines twice]
 on                            right     through
 Eb6/9                                   F
A|6---|----|----|6---|----|----|6---|----|8---|----|----|8---|----|----|8---|----|

next to you                   fly
 Dm                                      F                             Bb/D               
A|5---|----|----|5---|----|----|5---|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|5---|----|
E|---------------------------------------|3--------------3-----------------------|

Outro
 on                                                                    Fly        
 Eb6/9                         Bb/D      Eb6/9                         Bb/D            
A|6---|----|----|6---|----|----|5---|----|6---|----|----|6---|----|----|5---|----|

Fly       on
 Eb6/9                         Bb/D      Eb6/9                         
A|6---|----|----|6---|----|----|5---|----|6~--|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|