🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Radiohead

Yeah, that sounds better. Sorry. It kinda works either way, though. No matter which name comes first, they're being compared. One could say: "Gosh, Thom Yorke is suuuuch a better musician than Chris Martin."

Well.... People can have their opinions.. But I'd say that statement is pretty much true :rolleyes:

I've been listening to Bangers & Mash and Down is the New Up a lot today. What do you guys think if In Rainbows Disc Two? It seems people either like or dislike it.

I think MK 1+2 are kinda useless.. Bangers & Mash and Down Is the New Up are great, energetic numbers. Really rocky and still really Radiohead. I think the disc well enough.

And "Up On The Ladder" has a lyric about being in the TARDIS. C'mon. how awesome is that?

Oh no, I'm not saying that I disagree with the statement; I was merely using it as an example.

Yeah. Well, I think it's odd to compare someone to someone who came after them. Like, I think no matter what, Thom Yorke has set a precedent. And Chris Martin just doesn't compare. But, still, I think a lot of people (radiohead fans especially) are very cruel to Chris. He's obviously very eager and a huge fan of Thom's, and Thom rejected him. So, some RH fans of taken to that mantra. Chris is always talking about how he aspires to be someone like Bono or Thom Yorke, and I think probably people think he's just trying to be a copy of someone else.

Except when he's being himself, he still gets criticism. Although he's probably overcompensating a bit with the ridiculous VLV uniforms.

I've been listening to Bangers & Mash and Down is the New Up a lot today. What do you guys think if In Rainbows Disc Two? It seems people either like or dislike it.

i like it quite a bit, especially Bangers. I was though disappointed when the disc two "4 Minute Warning" wasn't at all like the live performances. Take a look and you'll see what I mean: (my favorite performance of the song by the way)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Yeah. Well, I think it's odd to compare someone to someone who came after them.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Like, I think no matter what, Thom Yorke has set a precedent. And Chris Martin just doesn't compare. But, still, I think a lot of people (radiohead fans especially) are very cruel to Chris. He's obviously very eager and a huge fan of Thom's, and Thom rejected him.

When exactly did Thom "reject" him? I've heard of different quotes, but I've also heard that some stuff apparently isn't true, so I dunno.

So, some RH fans of taken to that mantra. Chris is always talking about how he aspires to be someone like Bono or Thom Yorke, and I think probably people think he's just trying to be a copy of someone else.

Except when he's being himself, he still gets criticism. Although he's probably overcompensating a bit with the ridiculous VLV uniforms.

I do think that the excessive bashing Chris gets from Radiohead fans is quite ridiculous and unfair (but hey, I guess that is what one would expect from someone on a Coldplay forum). He may be an inferior musician to Thom Yorke, but that doesn't mean that people should go around constantly criticizing everything Chris does. It is true that the uniforms are not necessary, though that is kind of irrelevant.

yeah... of all the real songs on disc 2 (sorry i don't count mk 1+2), last flowers is actually my least favorite

One of my friends burned the disc for me, and said Last Flowers was the most amazing song she ever heard... (though I don't ALWAYS trust her views when it comes to Radiohead). I listened to it, and I thought the piano bit at the beginning was pretty, but the rest of the song is too... I dunno, like Videotape, I guess. After a while I get tired of the piano and Thom's extra-whiney voice. I need me all the instruments.

When exactly did Thom "reject" him? I've heard of different quotes, but I've also heard that some stuff apparently isn't true, so I dunno.

I don't know, but it's in the history books.

I do think that the excessive bashing Chris gets from Radiohead fans is quite ridiculous and unfair (but hey, I guess that is what one would expect from someone on a Coldplay forum). He may be an inferior musician to Thom Yorke, but that doesn't mean that people should go around constantly criticizing everything Chris does. It is true that the uniforms are not necessary, though that is kind of irrelevant.

It's true. People get really hyped up about the Chris bashing. Mostly it's because they're bitter that Coldplay is so much more popular than Radiohead, and for being a band of such lesser talent and quality. And since Thom did it that one time, they're like "hey! yeah, let's all bash this little puppy." It's really unfair because I do believe Chris is genuine, he's just got some oddities people don't understand. But Thom's the one who's a dick to everyone. He ignored Kanye West too when he tried to tell him what a big fan he is on Grammy night.

i like it quite a bit, especially Bangers. I was though disappointed when the disc two "4 Minute Warning" wasn't at all like the live performances. Take a look and you'll see what I mean: (my favorite performance of the song by the way)

Oh yeah, I do see what you mean. I like 4 Minute Warning, but that is definitely disappointing. I watched the performance and it's very good; I wish it was like that on the album version.

I like the very beginning little hum of 4 Minute Warning. Especially so after they played it during the Thumbs Down webcast so frequently.

Yeah, I love the intro to that song. ANd the little ahh ah ahhhhs at the beginning. I'm not a big fan of Go Slowly or Last Flowers.

But I love Up on the Ladder.

Good luck with Viva!

(anybody get that reference?)

Yeah it was some interviewer telling them "good luck with Kid A".. I know thegloaming09 got it but I just want to go on record that I got it too! :D

Also Briggins I miss when you're not around on this thread! I feel like you could be contributing valuable input :P

The first page is some of the most retarded posting on a message board I've ever seen.. Some highlights:

Radiohead also a great band

What Do You Think about them ?

(the very first post)

i looooovvvvve radiohead ok computer and the bends r just brilliant albums!!!!

Cool People Are Replyin 2 My Msg Board

they where a good band ... i'll leave it at that!

brilliant