✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you smoke?

CityandColour

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they ever banned cigarettes there would be a lot of bitchly people walking around craving nicotine...

Hah, yeah, that would be pretty bad... Instead they should just make more smoke-free zones... and keep raising the price until one day people are like "10 bucks? meh... "

because cigarettes are extremely addictive' date=' and it's hard to stop[/quote']

Well because yu have them all the time, so you consume them all the time.............. just make them hard to find and many people will quit! Cigarrettes are a drug, and any drug is bad, repelled by society, so this has to be too! I don't know why people ignore or just accept other people smoking cigarrettes, when smoking pot or heroine it's the same; they are both drugs, they are not good for you, and they do not do any god to your health. Do you know ho mucha goverment looses for health problems related to cigarrettes? It's the second thing, besides heart problems. I hate to think that I, a non smoker, have the same probabilities that have breathign problems because of the smoke that cigar produces........... I mean you're not killing yourself, been a charge for the goverment and spending your money in somenthing completely unnecesary; you're also killing the person besides you

the thing that gets me is smoking around children, thats the worst. A kid I went to school with came down with lung cancer from 2nd hand smoke. He never smoked a day in his life, but they found traces of cigarette smoke build-up in his lungs. He didnt even live with smokers. Thats why i think it should be illegal to smoke around children. Its just sad when you see parents with little kids, and they have to sit in the smoking section because the parents smoke.

People who smoke try to ignore the facts, like one of my best friends. he's a heavy smoker and one time we were watching TV and one of those "Truth" commercials came on. I asked him how he felt about them, and he said "I just tell myself what every smoker tells themselves; that its not going to happen to me, it'll happen to someone else." Every day for three years he's told me that he's going to quit. No progress yet.

the thing that gets me is smoking around children' date=' thats the worst. A kid I went to school with came down with lung cancer from 2nd hand smoke. He never smoked a day in his life, but they found traces of cigarette smoke build-up in his lungs. He didnt even live with smokers. Thats why i think it should be illegal to smoke around children. Its just sad when you see parents with little kids, and they have to sit in the smoking section because the parents smoke.[/quote']

I agree. As a smoker, I'll never smoke around children, or anyone older who asks me not to. I respect anyone who dislikes it, and I'm not looking to harm anyone (other than myself, I guess?) with it. People shouldn't be shy, and they should say when it bothers them.

I agree. As a smoker' date=' I'll never smoke around children, or anyone older who asks me not to. I respect anyone who dislikes it, and I'm not looking to harm anyone (other than myself, I guess?) with it. People shouldn't be shy, and they should say when it bothers them.[/quote']

I totally respect that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with smoking. Of coarse it causes lung cancer and causes you to die young' date=' but people enjoy doing it. isn't it better to live an enjoyable short life smoking rather than a long miserable life?[/quote']

Welcome to the board. We usually dont usually talk about stuff like this that causes debates, we all friendly (for the most part).

why would a long life be miserable?
that's what i'm saying. :cool:

you get to enjoy more stuff living a longer life. die young and everyone else whose around you and loves you becomes miserable. you wouldn't want to do that to the people you really love.

not sure if that made sense i just woke up :stunned:

why would a long life be miserable?
that's what i'm saying. :cool:

you get to enjoy more stuff living a longer life. die young and everyone else whose around you and loves you becomes miserable. you wouldn't want to do that to the people you really love.

not sure if that made sense i just woke up :stunned:

I totally understand what you're saying. Cigarettes dont enrich your life, they make you depend on them, or else you become grumpy. I limit myself with chemically addictive things, and its enriched my life. I was addicted to caffeine, I had to have it, or I couldnt wake up. When I stopped, I started sleeping in til 3 in the afternoon, but finally I'm back on a good schedule and it was well worth it.

the thing that gets me is smoking around children' date=' thats the worst. A kid I went to school with came down with lung cancer from 2nd hand smoke. He never smoked a day in his life, but they found traces of cigarette smoke build-up in his lungs. He didnt even live with smokers. Thats why i think it should be illegal to smoke around children. Its just sad when you see parents with little kids, and they have to sit in the smoking section because the parents smoke.[/quote']

I agree. As a smoker, I'll never smoke around children, or anyone older who asks me not to. I respect anyone who dislikes it, and I'm not looking to harm anyone (other than myself, I guess?) with it. People shouldn't be shy, and they should say when it bothers them.

Well I completely repelled/reppeled the smoke, and I always ask people not do it, or not to smoke in front of me, but it seems like they don't know how bad it is or how disgusting/discusting. Usually/Ussualy, when I ask someone not to smoke they just laugh! because is somenthing that has become normal and it's rather unussual/unusuall to find a person who ask you not to smoke. For avoiding trouble, I just don't go to places where I could find people smoking, but for example, when I use the subway I always "get mad" (I don't know any other way to put it in English) because people smoke inside, it's a small place, it's a public space and you just can't tell them a thing, because we're suppose to be free in actions, so it's their choice really.

Well I completely repelled/reppeled the smoke' date=' and I always ask people not do it, or not to smoke in front of me, but it seems like they don't know how bad it is or how disgusting/discusting. Usually/Ussualy, when I ask someone not to smoke they just laugh! because is somenthing that has become normal and it's rather unussual/unusuall to find a person who ask you not to smoke. For avoiding trouble, I just don't go to places where I could find people smoking, but for example, when I use the subway I always "get mad" (I don't know any other way to put it in English) because people smoke inside, it's a small place, it's a public space and you just can't tell them a thing, because we're suppose to be free in actions, so it's their choice really.[/quote']

You should just leave when someone laughs at you for asking them not to smoke in front of you. They don't respect you enough to understand it bothers you. I know I'll never laugh or look oddly at someone asking me not to smoke in front of them. It has happened, and I avoided it as much as I could (this person is a close friend, so I just try to smoke when they're not around, and if that's not possible, to take a few steps away from them so it won't be in their face, and they're fine with).

Well I completely repelled/reppeled the smoke' date=' and I always ask people not do it, or not to smoke in front of me, but it seems like they don't know how bad it is or how disgusting/discusting. Usually/Ussualy, when I ask someone not to smoke they just laugh! because is somenthing that has become normal and it's rather unussual/unusuall to find a person who ask you not to smoke. For avoiding trouble, I just don't go to places where I could find people smoking, but for example, when I use the subway I always "get mad" (I don't know any other way to put it in English) because people smoke inside, it's a small place, it's a public space and you just can't tell them a thing, because we're suppose to be free in actions, so it's their choice really.[/quote']

You should just leave when someone laughs at you for asking them not to smoke in front of you. They don't respect you enough to understand it bothers you. I know I'll never laugh or look oddly at someone asking me not to smoke in front of them. It has happened, and I avoided it as much as I could (this person is a close friend, so I just try to smoke when they're not around, and if that's not possible, to take a few steps away from them so it won't be in their face, and they're fine with).

Well, non of my friends smoke, but usually when I ask the older guys and girls, the do laugh. They always say "but you'll like it afterwards" and they don't stop! so I just avoid them.... I got, in a certain way, used to it, so it's not a bit deal to me anymore

Usually/Ussualy' date=' when I ask someone not to smoke they just laugh! because is somenthing that has become normal and it's rather unussual/unusuall to find a person who ask you not to smoke. [/quote']

I totally know how that is. Its as if people think we're anal-retentive for asking them not to smoke.

Usually/Ussualy' date=' when I ask someone not to smoke they just laugh! because is somenthing that has become normal and it's rather unussual/unusuall to find a person who ask you not to smoke. [/quote']

I totally know how that is. Its as if people think we're anal-retentive for asking them not to smoke.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what anal-retentive is!