• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaxRide

• taameen**sparks**

• The Doctor

• Mrk

I don't know. School is nearly over but I've tests coming up. It will be soon but I don't know when. Do you still want to hear it? All I can tell you is I've worked the piano part right hand only. But I was thinking I could record that part and play the melody over what do you think??

Do you just play the actual piano part or do you add the melody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the song. I like to also sing, I am not overly good at singing, but there are a few songs I am not bad with.

The Scientist -- I just play it normally, with a little bit of improvisation and sing to that song.

Clocks - I play the piano part and melody, otherwise it would be a very boring piano piece.

Fix You - Piano / and melody when it gets to "Tears Stream.."

Politik - Piano / Melody / sing

Yellow - Piano / sing

Life in Technicolor ii - Piano / Melody / sing

etc

just depends on the song, how simplistic it is, how well I sing it -- etc. If it's overly simplistic and would make for a dull piano piece on its own, I try to incorporate the melody into it, especially if I can't sing it at least somewhat decently by my own standards.

Do you do it all by ear? Id like to be able to play Life in Technicolor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, I wish I could play completely by ear, that's an amazing gift I wish that I had. I've been lucky to use my ear to pick up pieces here and there. I've gotten much better at picking up notes, and knowing whether or not I am playing something correctly, sometimes I just can't seem to correct it after knowing I am off with a certain note or chord. Can be frustrating. I also look at general chords for the song and feel my way around it, sometimes at tuts. I've thought about learning sheet music, but I just haven't wanted to take the time to do it haha.

Life in Technicolor ii isn't too hard to learn.

I know. Hey Reagan have you tried the O piano thing yet?? Forget about the 2nd thing I sent with going down the way I wasn't at a piano when I sent it but the first part is right. What's your favourite track? I can't decide between O/ink