✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why not an acoustic and "stripped down" album?

Seppel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TO stay marketable (and to sell out arenas) they can't put out another "Parachutes." And I really doubt that the pressure from EMI dictates the creative process. EMI screws over everybody by doing things like making us by ETIAW 3+ times for no damn reason.

You're screwing us over by making us read your post twice for no damn reason! :veryangry2:

I want the acoustic songs :mean:

if I hear them mention this as 'evolution' one more time i'm gonna scream because to me it's like they're going downhill musically.

haha i'm glad the new songs aren't acoustic because we probably we wouldnt have got stuff like Charlie Brown, Hurts Like Heaven and Major Minus as we know it now

You're screwing us over by making us read your post twice for no damn reason! :veryangry2:

That was my goal. I did that on purpose to mess up everyone's day!

But seriously my crappy internet connection makes me DP all the friggen time :(

That was my goal. I did that on purpose to mess up everyone's day!

But seriously my crappy internet connection makes me DP all the friggen time :(

You're making us spend TWICE AS MUCH TIME for the SAME BLOODY MATERIAL. :lol: Ah well....I'm too young/inexperienced to have seen the days of when double posting had any real consequence. :P I was there for dial-up internet though! :P:lol:

Anyhow....everyone else has said what I was thinking. They could release Us Against the World as a one-song album and I'd still blow 15 quid just for it.

And if you really get down to it, I'd argue all of the songs are comparatively more stripped down than any of their Viva counterparts, with the exception of ETIAW, and even then, I'd argue it's less "big" if only because the guitar line is so prominent compared to Jonny's inconsequential guitar parts in Viva la Vida.

b/c they are a stadium rock band that's why they can't a whole album of acoustic songs. pretty easy if you ask me.

You accidentally a verb there.

I don't think it's that easy. Coldplay are a prime example of a band that doesn't stick to their genre whatsoever. What is their genre anyway? Yes, they're moving towards stadium rock in some songs. But that doesn't mean they're a stadium rock band. Parachutes doesn't mean they're an acoustic band (I even doubt that one can call Parachutes an acoustic album :thinking:), White Shadows doesn't mean they're U2 and ETIAW doesn't mean they are a boys band.

So I guess they just want to make a varied album, try different things. It just happened during the creative process.

You accidentally a verb there.

I don't think it's that easy. Coldplay are a prime example of a band that doesn't stick to their genre whatsoever. What is their genre anyway? Yes, they're moving towards stadium rock in some songs. But that doesn't mean they're a stadium rock band. Parachutes doesn't mean they're an acoustic band (I even doubt that one can call Parachutes an acoustic album :thinking:), White Shadows doesn't mean they're U2 and ETIAW doesn't mean they are a boys band.

So I guess they just want to make a varied album, try different things. It just happened during the creative process.

Thats right saying they sing 'Rock' music evokes images of mad, mental smashing guitars and screaming aha

True but 'Rock' is just so loud and outlandish sounding

Yeah, well Chris says Coldplay is limestone rock, as opposed to hard rock. Does anyone know when he said that? During which era?

Also, Coldplay say they're very heavy soft rock. :p

^I remember that...only thing I can think of (that I can dig out quickly) is Chris's claim at Liverpool Christmas gig that because of Will, they're "the hardest soft rock band in the world."

I love some guitar effects on Viva La Vida after the first chorus but they never do that live :(

THIS x1000. Actually, Jonny still does use some cool effects but it's never quite the same as the album version. :(

^I remember that...only thing I can think of (that I can dig out quickly) is Chris's claim at Liverpool Christmas gig that because of Will, they're "the hardest soft rock band in the world."

THIS x1000. Actually, Jonny still does use some cool effects but it's never quite the same as the album version. :(

Hey, I actually think the guitar effects in recent live versions make it sound a lot cooler.