This could be para- para- paradise

Para- para- paradise

Could be para- para- paradise

Ohoohoooh-ohoh

This could be para- para- paradise

Para- para- paradise

Could be para- para- paradise

Ohoohoooh

I don't find it catchy so much as annoying. It can be kind of neat and artful, but after already doing the stutter in Major Minus and ETIAW, it's just a bit excessive now. The same goes for the "ooohhh's." It was cool at the end of the Scientist or Viva la Vida, even that one bit in HLH. Paradise just seems to mix what was good about other songs and then overdoes it - strings, oh's, catchiness...everything. Which I guess is the excess that is present in a lot of pop music. I mean, the chorus of this song is one word repeated way too many times.

That's my problem with the song...that said, I still like it better than a lot of stuff...:shrug:

I don't find it catchy so much as annoying. It can be kind of neat and artful, but after already doing the stutter in Major Minus and ETIAW, it's just a bit excessive now. The same goes for the "ooohhh's." It was cool at the end of the Scientist or Viva la Vida, even that one bit in HLH. Paradise just seems to mix what was good about other songs and then overdoes it - strings, oh's, catchiness...everything. Which I guess is the excess that is present in a lot of pop music. I mean, the chorus of this song is one word repeated way too many times.

That's my problem with the song...that said, I still like it better than a lot of stuff...:shrug:

I do see your point. I think the stuttering is a stylistic choice for this album (and let´s face it: Chris has been wanting to rap-stutter for a LONG time hehe). I can see how the OOH OOH can be ubiquitous, but after all so was Chris falsetto pre-Viva and no-one really complained back then (well a few critics hehe). I love violins so I can never get too many of those :)

Thought of posting this here as well....

Am I the only one who thinks the story is truly touching? I can really feel for this woman, who once dreamed of a beautiful world and then was crashed by reality, but she somehow still finds the strength to keep dreaming and maintain the hope that there will be a new brighter day...I can imagine so many people feeling like this in the world now, in different situations, whether it´s personal strife, war or just the darkness life sometimes brings.

Thought of posting this here as well....

Am I the only one who thinks the story is truly touching? I can really feel for this woman, who once dreamed of a beautiful world and then was crashed by reality, but she somehow still finds the strength to keep dreaming and maintain the hope that there will be a new brighter day...I can imagine so many people feeling like this in the world now, in different situations, whether it´s personal strife, war or just the darkness life sometimes brings.

Yes!! I totally agree with you! read what I just posted on the 'paradise is the most haunting... ' thread

This is also how I understand the lyrics. :thumbsup:

Now, I hear several people suggesting that it is about suicide. I haven't been able to figure that out. Anyone cares to elaborate on that?

yaaaay people who like the lyrics! im not liking all the dislike this song is getting :(

A lot of liking right here on these threads and look at how good it is doing it out there in the charts :) Sometimes all the negativity on this forum can make one lose perspective I know.

It's a popular response to a song they don't know how to analyze. You could have the world's happiest tune and there will be a person who says it's about suicide.

Maybe if you reverse it. :P

Actually, with this song it's not such a weird thing to say. Warning: scary post coming up. :lol:

Some people (I don't think I agree with them) see it this way: paradise = heaven = death. The girl feels like shit, she tries and tries but can't get the life she wants, so she dreams of killing herself.

Also "the sun will set to rise" could mean dying and then afterlife, with the sun rising on 'the other side'. Or it could mean that she decides not to kill herself in the end.

Oh and "the bullets catch in her teeth" speaks for itself of course. :rolleyes:

I don't want to start any conspiracy shit, I think Coldplay (and the girl) mean a paradise on earth. ;)

So anyone can comment on the live version? Chris definitely seemed to say "The summer will set to rise". Let me hear what you think and I will revise the lyrics on page one

I actually thought that the first time I listened to the studio version, but since I'm not a native speaker I thought I was wrong after reading the lyrics posted here... Both make sense though

So anyone can comment on the live version? Chris definitely seemed to say "The summer will set to rise". Let me hear what you think and I will revise the lyrics on page one

Last night I understood : "the summer is set to rise" ...

If someone who's speaking fluent english could help us... Thanks :)

Last night I understood : "the summer is set to rise" ...

If someone who's speaking fluent english could help us... Thanks :)

Yeah definitely the summer´s set to rise. I wrote from memory so I made a mistake with the quotation. I listened to it again now :) Corrected lyrics on first post