✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Re-using songs on MX

Megalomania

The release of the ETIAW/Major Minus EP does not seem so weird anymore to me as I see it as a way for the band to introduce MX: the good and bad guys. So it turned out to be an elegant introduction EP. However what bothers me to no end is the different useless releases: first Every Tear song only digital (and boy did they know everyone would buy that immediately), then after a suitable length of time, Every Tear was re-released coupled with Major Minus on CD and, if that was not enough, also as a digital bundle with MTM as a bonus track. The release plan smells of EMI greediness for sure...and I fear it will continue with Paradise. That said, now we know how they operate so as they say: fool me once....

The release of the ETIAW/Major Minus EP does not seem so weird anymore to me as I see it as a way for the band to introduce MX: the good and bad guys. So it turned out to be an elegant introduction EP. However what bothers me to no end is the different useless releases: first Every Tear song only digital (and boy did they know everyone would buy that immediately), then after a suitable length of time, Every Tear was re-released coupled with Major Minus on CD and, if that was not enough, also as a digital bundle with MTM as a bonus track. The release plan smells of EMI greediness for sure...and I fear it will continue with Paradise. That said, now we know how they operate so as they say: fool me once....

Apologize double post. Not sure why.

So, according to your poll, if you agree with Coldplay's decision, you can only be the most annoying fangirl ever.

I always knew ETIAW was going to be on the album, they just said it ages ago. -Yeah, I know, they also said the same day that it would close the album, but ANYWAY ^^- So I bought it 3 times, knowing each time that I would buy it at least once more, but I didn't care : I love the song, I listen to it 30 times a day, and it makes me happy. I could pay a lot more for this.

About Major Minus, when they said it would make it to the album, I kind of thought too that it was a pity because we heard it before but if it's an important part of the story they want to tell with the album, they shouldn't reject it just because of that, and I can't wait to hear those songs as part of the whole work.

And, once again, I know I'll listen and enjoy these songs a lot in the next few years, so I don't really care how much it costs. But I understand that this isn't relevant for everybody.

The reason is that only about 10% of people that buy Coldplay's albums are on these forums, and are passionate enough to buy the EP. Other casual listeners have been hearing ETIAW all summer and would rather get an album that includes it than a single EP. Also via the same logic, Coldplay must have really wanted these people to hear Major Minus.

The reason is that only about 10% of people that buy Coldplay's albums are on these forums, and are passionate enough to buy the EP. Other casual listeners have been hearing ETIAW all summer and would rather get an album that includes it than a single EP. Also via the same logic, Coldplay must have really wanted these people to hear Major Minus.

Yeah but then it´s a double offense towards loyal fans...first they stick us the ETIAW single, then as digital bundle with MTM and then EP cd bundle with major minus. There was no reason for all those editions in my opinion...It still smells of :evil: corporate EMI...

Yeah but then it´s a double offense towards loyal fans...first they stick us the ETIAW single, then as digital bundle with MTM and then EP cd bundle with major minus. There was no reason for all those editions in my opinion...It still smells of :evil: corporate EMI...

I agree about the single + single EP - That's something that's not really on.

However you have to understand that the loyal fans are a very small percentage of Coldplay's listeners.. the guys sell millions of albums to people that buy the album after hearing their singles on the radio rather than the single EP's.

However you have to understand that the loyal fans are a very small percentage of Coldplay's listeners.. the guys sell millions of albums to people that buy the album after hearing their singles on the radio rather than the single EP's.

I would have been totally fine with the release of the EP, after an early preview of ETIAW. They should have released the EP only with identical songs in both digital and CD version. That would have been totally fine. Everything else was just to cash in on the 10% they knew would jump and buy every release as none of us knew if the songs were going to be on the album or not.

I disagree with that assumption, because my friend and I were talking today and if we were just casual listeners hearing ETIAW we'd be thinking "Wow Coldplay is an awful pop band, I'm definitely not buying an album of theirs."

But of course everyone's opinion is different.

I've also noticed that many casual listeners don't buy any sort of album, they illegally obtain the music.