✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Re-using songs on MX

Megalomania

Good idea? Bad idea? I personally am somewhat annoyed that, after paying $8 total on the ETIAW ep (why I payed that much for 2 copies of ETIAW I do not know :sick:), I will have yet another copy of ETIAW and Major Minus. Those two songs have already been released on an EP (not even a promotional single per se), I don't see the logic of adding them onto the album.

So, do you like the idea of getting 3 (possibly more depending on what else is on the Paradise single) songs that have already been released, again?

What are you referring to as the b-sides? Major Minus? And yeah, it's like "HERE PAY UR MUNNIEZ FOR 3 SONGS AND THEN WE'LL MAKE U BUY DEM AGAIN ANYWAYZ"

Yeah, don't the singles usually have some b-sides? But here they just had songs that are on the album.

Coldplay are gold diggers lulz

While I see how some people are annoyed at buying a song they already paid for, it's puzzling that people actually thought ETIAW was going to be left off the album. Maybe i'm just a good guesser, but I thought it was a virtual lock that it was going to be on MX, and therefore, I didn't buy the EP.

i personally always found more interesting that the single releases include new music that isn't on the album.

as you say is a bit bothering to end having the same song like 3 times when there's no much variation between one and the other.

Exactly. When I listen to a new album, I want to hear new material (minus the lead single), not songs that have already been overplayed on the radio from a previous ep

I don't like it it but I'm not that bothered by it. My only problem with this is how am I going to organize the tracks on my library? :\

I wonder who voted for "COLDPLAY CAN DO NO WRONG OMG GIVE ME UR BABIEZ <3"

I will do just to see if I'm the only one

The solution is not to buy singles in the first place, especially when we were pretty sure that ETIAW was going to be included on the album regardless of people's varying opinions of it. I guess the EP was a little harder to avoid if you pay for your music, but if you take issue with the way the band are putting out their material, don't buy it. Paying for the same song three times is ridiculous, and by doing that you're pretty much voting to keep that trend going in the industry.

Just for future reference I guess :P

The solution is not to buy singles in the first place, especially when we were pretty sure that ETIAW was going to be included on the album regardless of people's varying opinions of it. I guess the EP was a little harder to avoid if you pay for your music, but if you take issue with the way the band are putting out their material, don't buy it. Paying for the same song three times is ridiculous, and by doing that you're pretty much voting to keep that trend going in the industry.

Just for future reference I guess :P

If I had known ahead of time that ETIAW would be on the album I would not have bought it at all.

You've got this all wrong. If what your saying is how you view singles then you've rejected what the entire music industry does. I would've been bummed if there were just 8 other songs. 14 tracks means I could care less. Hoping they add johnnys two solos to this version of major minus. Like the live version

Firstly, it occurs some madness that you can't request the band to make an indication on the EP's and Singles about them being on the album because all the boys all the girls just finished the tracklist of Mylo Xyloto a few hours ago.

Don't Panic

Secondly, you don't have to buy something you don't want to buyloto. The ones that are complaining about the songs being re released on the album... are you coldplay fans or you just want to give your singles back to the music shops?

C'mon, don't be Charlie BROWN... I can't believe some of you complain buying the CD's when there're lots of people from different countries (like mine=Argentina) that want to have it and not even the ETIAWWWWWATERFALL... single arrived...

I think the fact that they re-used ETIAW and Major Minus on Mylo Xyloto is why we have 14 songs on the album....

I think this is a great idea, and this will be a long album like X&Y, but much better.

You'd have a reason to complain if Viva La Vida and let's say Lovers in Japan would've been released so early, then you would've had to pay double for two songs AND there would only be six more studio versions (Not counting Life in Technicolor i) to listen to.

I can't wait for Paradise ^.^