✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

predictions on the Billboard Hot 100

ihaveabono

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather nail my testicles to a lamp post than listen to that shit that is Animal Collective.

And their fan base is the exact definition of ******s.

7-Letter Words Ending With S:

Friends?

Animals? (this would make sense, given the name)

Negroes? (you racist)

Flowers?

Fingers?

Indians? (racist)

Squares?

Mothers?

Knights?

Sailors?

Kidneys?

Deities?

:confused:

Guest howyousawtheworld
To be fair, you only provided one letter. It literally could have been anything.

It could have been one of w.ankers or f.uckers but please I'm not getting into such petty trivial matters! Either one suits Animal Collective fans just fine!

I like Animal Collective.

Does that make me scum of the earth? Grow up.

Of course not. They're certainly not everyone's cup of tea but they make some really great music.

But whatever you do, don't make howyousawtheworld listen to them or he'll nail his "testicles to a lamp post" (some really graphic imagery... :stunned:)

Billboard hot 100 update: from #33 last week, paradise dropped to #58... :cry:

i don't think it will come back to the top twenty and i dont think it will go to the tope ten :cry:

Paradise will be FINALLY sent to Pop radios next Tuesday and there will be a surge of downloads when the video premieres. Paradise will reach the top 10 :nod: once it gets radio airplay (and frankly without top 40 radios, you just cant chart)

Like I said before, we should focus on Rock and Alternative charts until Paradise gets the full release.

On Rock songs, Paradise improved again, going from #13 last week to #9. Already a top10 Rock song and it will go higher.

On Alternative songs, Paradise improved once again, from #17 last week to #13 this week.

The bottom line is that Paradise is doing well. It's not charting well on the Hot100 because it hasn't been officially sent to Adult radios and Pop radios.

I wondered why their label wanted to wait a month before releasing Paradise to ALL radios (sounds like a bad idea if you ask me) but I think they want people to get the whole album when they hear the song instead of a single download. But I still think, it's a big marketing risk which can be good or bad. Only time will tell.

Hmmm....

:thumbsup:

Well, I still stand by the therapy :lol:.

But you're not a bad person if you listen to it. Obviously.

You're a bad person if you murder people or are an offensive, unyielding bigot.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Of course not. They're certainly not everyone's cup of tea but they make some really great music.

But whatever you do, don't make howyousawtheworld listen to them or he'll nail his "testicles to a lamp post" (some really graphic imagery... :stunned:)

:laugh3: Don't worry I don't intend to do that anymore. I'm sure there are some great Animal Collective fans who aren't just liking them to be hip. But hipsters are still just unpleasant ******s!

Guest howyousawtheworld
Paradise will be FINALLY sent to Pop radios next Tuesday and there will be a surge of downloads when the video premieres. Paradise will reach the top 10 :nod: once it gets radio airplay (and frankly without top 40 radios, you just cant chart)

So not every radio station gains access to a single on the day of it's release?

So not every radio station gains access to a single on the day of it's release?

Nope, it's up to the label and how they want to promote the song, what market they want to target etc...

Right now, they are targeting the Rock audience only. A good example of this strategy is Walk by The Foo Fighters. That song has been #1 on the rock charts for more than a month and it's not even top40 on the Hot100. That doesn't mean the song is not doing well. These kinda things also happen on the Country charts (a song can be #1 for months but still fail to chart well on the Hot100)

But any top10 on the Pop charts is very likely to become a top 10 on the Hot100.

Pop stations just dominate everything.

Like I said before, we should focus on Rock and Alternative charts until Paradise gets the full release.

On Rock songs, Paradise improved again, going from #13 last week to #9. Already a top10 Rock song and it will go higher.

On Alternative songs, Paradise improved once again, from #17 last week to #13 this week.

The bottom line is that Paradise is doing well. It's not charting well on the Hot100 because it hasn't been officially sent to Adult radios and Pop radios.

I wondered why their label wanted to wait a month before releasing Paradise to ALL radios (sounds like a bad idea if you ask me) but I think they want people to get the whole album when they hear the song instead of a single download. But I still think, it's a big marketing risk which can be good or bad. Only time will tell.

I love your chart infos:cool: