✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

predictions on the Billboard Hot 100

ihaveabono

I hope it doesn't hit number 1 because then ill have to talk about coldplay selling out and going sooo mainstream and i'll have to buy thick framed glasses even though I don't need them and I'll have to start growing my fringe out and ill have to start listening to shit like Animal Collective and have to start being depressed all the time even though my life is going fine and i should start feeling very self entitled for no reason whatsoever oh and i should quit university and become unemployed so I can say "well im unemployed right now... but I'm REALLY an artist".

balshafs'

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why? :cry:

Most singles sales drop in their second week.

Also the song is only being played mostly by Rock stations. Right now we should focus on the Alternative songs charts and Rock charts until the song gets a decent airplay on pop stations (the top 40 of billboard and Itunes are dominated by songs from pop radios)

On Rock songs, Paradise is now #13 improving from #22

On Alternative songs, Paradise went from #24 to #17

I hope it doesn't hit number 1 because then ill have to talk about coldplay selling out and going sooo mainstream and i'll have to buy thick framed glasses even though I don't need them and I'll have to start growing my fringe out and ill have to start listening to shit like Animal Collective and have to start being depressed all the time even though my life is going fine and i should start feeling very self entitled for no reason whatsoever oh and i should quit university and become unemployed so I can say "well im unemployed right now... but I'm REALLY an artist".

You try too hard.

balshafs'

Do not, under any circumstances, listen to Animal Collective.

Please resort to therapy first.

How did you find my picture??? :ninja:

Edit: On second thought, that can't be me. I wouldn't be caught dead with Budweiser. Pabst Blue Ribbon!

:facepalm:

Ohhh man. That guy in the picture was clearly a poser-hipster. The Bud is a dead giveaway! TRUE hipsters only drink PBR! :laugh3:

This guy's just some rich white dude.

My Girls is the only Animal Collective song that is actually a song.

I do have to note the irony that you guys adopt a holier-than-thou attitude whenever someone dares to say anything remotely negative about Coldplay, saying stuff like "everyone has different musical taste," but drop it when discussing other musical groups.

A little consistency would be nice.

I do have to note the irony that you guys adopt a holier-than-thou attitude whenever someone dares to say anything remotely negative about Coldplay, saying stuff like "everyone has different musical taste," but drop it when discussing other musical groups.

I don't care if someone says anything negative about Coldplay. In fact, I'll say some stuff now:

___

1. The song "The Hardest Part" is rubbish. Awful. An embarrassment. A black mar on an otherwise-solid career of nothing but great songs.

2. X&Y was messy. Though I love individual songs, I almost never can stomach a listen through all the way.

3. Chris' obsession with being BFF's with superstars and being the next male pop sensation is really annoying. For example, when Rihanna was announced to be featured on MX. I threw a fit when this happened.

4. I resent the fact that I can't say "I love Coldplay" in my country without people thinking I also love men.

5. Other bands are more revolutionary to music. Coldplay, while they've found a great niche, have failed to reinvent their sound the way Radiohead have, despite having triend many times. They need to realize that bringing in Brian Eno isn't evolutionary.

6. Chris is a bad lyricist. Good composer, and he sings from the heart, but his songs' poetry doesn't do much to challenge the listener (compared to bands he's trying to become: U2, Radiohead, REM, etc).

___

I'm actually very critical of their music. I know there are bands that are better at making music and poetry (Chris can't even approach the likes of many other musicians i.e. Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Thom Yorke, Freddy Mercury, etc). I just hate when people harp on things like "WA WA WA WA WA" or "Para Para Para." Be constructive in your criticism, not annoying and petty. Focus on musical content, evolution of the band, and the song as a whole.

Maybe I'm not "consistent," but I'd argue that most good, reputable music critics aren't close-minded enough to give the new Coldplay suff a bad rating due to the sonic poppiness or "Para Para Para." If they do (*cough* Pitchfork *cough*), they're not doing their jobs right.

And I can back up Kiame on this one too. If I remember right, she called X&Y "rubbish" a few days ago. She just tells it like it is, which I admire.

I'm the biggest X&Y h8ta on these boards. I fucking hate that album and I think it is an absolute disgrace.

So I don't know where yo' pullin' yo' facts from hispta. Go wear some ill fitted clothing.

I'm the biggest X&Y h8ta on these boards. I fucking hate that album and I think it is an absolute disgrace.

So I don't know where yo' pullin' yo' facts from hispta. Go wear some ill fitted clothing.

This would be a good template. The trust fund check is mandatory.

tumblr_llbcuk60kG1qhetp1o1_400.jpg

My point was that you preach the message that everyone has different musical taste and it's ok to like different stuff (which I completely agree with)..... and then you go around and say stuff like Animal Collective is "shit" and resort to frankly uncreative and hackneyed stereotypes about "hipsters." That's what I mean by consistency.

But of course, I must be a "hipsta" since I listen to different things. Excuse me - I need to go out shopping for some "ill fitted clothing."

My point was that you preach the message that everyone has different musical taste and it's ok to like different stuff (which I completely agree with)..... and then you go around and say stuff like Animal Collective is "shit" and resort to frankly uncreative and hackneyed stereotypes about "hipsters." That's what I mean by consistency.

But of course, I must be a "hipsta" since I listen to different things. Excuse me - I need to go out shopping for some "ill fitted clothing."

:laugh3: :laugh3:

You guys are talking about how you hate hipsters but are hating on a band someone else likes. That's exactly what hipsters do, so you have, in turn, made yourselves into what you set out to destroy......

Seriously though drop this stupid argument. People can like whatever they want to. I hear enough of this crap in school, it doesn't need to be on here too.

You guys are talking about how you hate hipsters but are hating on a band someone else likes. That's exactly what hipsters do, so you have, in turn, made yourselves into what you set out to destroy......

Seriously though drop this stupid argument. People can like whatever they want to. I hear enough of this crap in school, it doesn't need to be on here too.

Okay thanks. :dazzled:

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'd rather nail my testicles to a lamp post than listen to that shit that is Animal Collective.

And their fan base is the exact definition of ******s.