✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rolling Stone Magazine Short Preview on Mylo Xyloto

the_escapist

I really hate Eno now. That 10 commandments proves he's a ****!

ETIAW has grown on me somewhat, but Paradise will for a long time remain a dent in my appreciation for our beloved band. In fact it is so bad, that when I copy the new album to itunes in October i believe I will actually untick the box for this track so that it doesn't copy and then I never even have to chance hearing it on shuffle.

Saying that, I still believe there will be a few gems on the album and if Up in Flames is half as good as it is being big up to be, then surely we are in for a treat.

I like this article because it basically reminds us that We have heard 2 songs that are questionable. Paradise and ETIAW. Major Minus I think people like, they just PREFER the live version without the voice. People are saying this is a phase and this wont be a good album, but we have only heard two songs that many people dislike.

I like this article because it basically reminds us that We have heard 2 songs that are questionable. Paradise and ETIAW. Major Minus I think people like, they just PREFER the live version without the voice. People are saying this is a phase and this wont be a good album, but we have only heard two songs that many people dislike.

I like the voice, I prefer the live version because the instrumentation is better (rawer).

I think people are giving Eno too much power. I think the band made the album they wanted to make. They wanted to spread their musical wings and see what they could do. Some may feel they did too much but that was their choice, their artistic expression. I think that's the whole idea of this album. Look at the colors. Listen to the music. It's "over produced" on purpose. There is NOTHING subtle about this album and I think that was the plan right from the beginning -- art will always flourish, even in the direst of times.

^ I think it's the band that are giving Eno too much power now. I loved Viva, and I'm glad that Eno got them to expand their musical horizons, but based on what I've heard from this era everything is starting to sound a little overproduced. Viva was the perfect mixture: synth-y tracks like Viva, Yes, and Lovers In Japan and then more classic Coldplay tracks like Violet Hill and DaAHF.

Except for Moving to Mars, the songs from this era sound too Eno-ish.

^ I think it's the band that are giving Eno too much power now. I loved Viva, and I'm glad that Eno got them to expand their musical horizons, but based on what I've heard from this era everything is starting to sound a little overproduced. Viva was the perfect mixture: synth-y tracks like Viva, Yes, and Lovers In Japan and then more classic Coldplay tracks like Violet Hill and DaAHF.

Except for Moving to Mars, the songs from this era sound too Eno-ish.

^some songs yes. but charlie brown is a "coldplay classic" (along the lines of In My Place IMO) But I think HLH is a "coldplay classic" aswell. not very many people see HLH this way...:\

I think people are giving Eno too much power. I think the band made the album they wanted to make. They wanted to spread their musical wings and see what they could do. Some may feel they did too much but that was their choice, their artistic expression. I think that's the whole idea of this album. Look at the colors. Listen to the music. It's "over produced" on purpose. There is NOTHING subtle about this album and I think that was the plan right from the beginning -- art will always flourish, even in the direst of times.

It's like giving Schumacher kind of old or crappy car (hip-hop, etc) and asked him to produce record on the track (masterpiece). I'm the only one who thought it's ridiculous task??