✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rolling Stone Magazine Short Preview on Mylo Xyloto

the_escapist

Coldplay - 'Mylo Xyloto' (10/24)

Longtime collaborator Brian Eno set the ground rules for Coldplay's fifth LP, recorded over the past two years in London. "He wrote a list of 10 commandments on the wall to keep us from treading the same ground," says drummer Will Champion. "One was 'Thou shalt make music like an Italian cook, with simple and strong flavours.'" The first two singles – "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" and "Paradise" – amp Coldplay's Imax-size ballads with massive synths and trunk-rattling drums. "We deliberately tried to embrace new instruments and techniques, using elements from dance and hip-hop and bringing them into our world," says the drummer. Elsewhere, guitarist Jonny Buckland steps up, playing nimble runs on "Hurts Like Heaven" and wailing on "Major Minus." "He's become the guitarist that we always knew was in there," says Champion. "Chris [Martin] wrote a fantastic song called 'Up in Flames,' but then Jonny added a gorgeous riff, and now it's one of my favorite songs we've ever done. It kills me." The album has a loose concept about art in troubled times, but who the hell is Mylo Xyloto? "He could be the protagonist – but it's deliberately ambiguous. It forces you to use your imagination."

By Austin Scaggs

(http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/fall-music-preview-the-seasons-hottest-albums-20110914/coldplay-mylo-xyloto-10-24-0267157)

"Chris [Martin] wrote a fantastic song called 'Up in Flames,' but then Jonny added a gorgeous riff, and now it's one of my favorite songs we've ever done. It kills me."

woww !! If it is one of Will's favorite songs,i'm dying to listen it !

btw..where is Guy?

Wills comment gives me hope that ¨massive synths and trunk-rattling drums¨are only limited to ETIAW and Paradise ..

and oh god I´ve got really high expectations for Up In Flames .. wow, Wills´favorite song??!! let´s have fingers crossed for it

Mylo Xyloto is ambiguous - well there u have it - art is up to the interpreter, and they ran with it like the word Google (which they mentioned was made up and became part of our culture - and perhaps MX will too). Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Yep, I thought the same thing after I read it. Up In Flames has to be AMAZING!

BTW, I really hope that the album is better than ETIAW and Paradise, since they will be competing with Florence + The Machine and what I have heard from her until now, her new album is going to be INCREDIBLE.

I think that they want to be different. But still remain true to themselves. They had Paradise and ETIAW (which I both LOVED), but they also had UATW which is amazingly beautiful. Also Charlie Brown, Hurts Like Heaven, Major Minus, Moving To Mars.. I think they are trying to develop themselves to be universal so that they can RULE THE F***ING WORLD!!