✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Role models

CityandColour

• 1 month later...

Vocals:

Jimmy Gnecco - Download "Fallen Souls" by the band "Ours" right now and listen to this guy sing. He has MAD range and vocal technique. And he's the only singer who can scream and not annoy the crap out of me, because screaming bothers me. This guy makes it sound full of emotion, not angsty and bitchy.

Rufus Wainwright - One Word. Finesse. This guy's voice seems to float gently on top of his music. His vocal licks are so catchy and each note seems to build up to the next. Download "Poses" by Rufus Wainwright

Guitar:

Jonsi Birgisson (Sigur Ros) - This guy takes guitar exploration to a new level. His common use of the cello bow, along with reverb and fuzz bring the guitar to a new dimension of sound. Download Track 6 off of "( )"

The Edge - This guy makes "simple" sound so good. Riffs like "Pride" and "Where the Streets Have No Name" seem to get burned into your head and echo through it for days.

John Mayer - Yes. I said John Mayer. Dispite what people think of his music, he is without a doubt a great guitarist. No one can deny that. Just download the acoustic version of "Neon" and if you can sit there and listen to it and think "This is nothing" then you must have something stuck up your ass. Either that or you're are a guitar legend. Heh... Try playing it any singing it. It took me an entire year to master singing and playing Neon at the same time.

Piano -

One Man, Ben Folds. If you've heard anything other than "Brick" you can agree that this guy is the most talented pianist of our generation. No wonder you dont hear any other bands show off their piano skills, because no one can compare to the great Ben Folds! Download "Underground" by Ben Folds Five.

for drums, i'd have to say dave grol, of course

piano, that'd have to be chris, of couse, i mean, many people can play the piano, but verry little people can do what he can do

guitar, i dunno, there r so many good guitarists, i like jonny, he plays the guitar in a different way, than many other guitarris do, but he's not th best, i mean, look at dave grohl, again, and the other guitarrist form foo fighters, i duuno his name, but he's good

for bass, id have to say sting, i mean, the guy changed the history of all bass players, right?

Vocalists- There are a lot of great lead singers, but one comes in mind for me in particular... I know I'm pretty much the only fan of them here because I'm about the only here who has ever heard of them, but the one of the lead singer/song writers of Jackopierce, Jack O'Neill, has one incredible voice. Bon Scott, the former vocalist of AC/DC (deceased), even though he doesn't sing, per-ce, he had an incredible voice because he could just scream pretty much through out the whole song and is very hard to impersonate because of that.

Other:

Scott Weiland- Formerly the Stone Temple Pilots but now with Velvet Revolver.

Keith Kane- Vertical Horizon. When VH started out as a singing songwriting duo, he had 50 % of the vocals on an album. He no longer sings lead vocals or writes songs anymore, but he still has an incredible voice.

Michael Stipe- R.E.M.

Robert Plant- Led Zeppelin

Rob Thomas- Matchbox Twenty

Davey Havok- AFI

Neil Young

Scott Stapp- Creed (Yes, you heard me. He may sound exactly like Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, but oh well.)

Kurt Cobain- Nirvana

Cary Pierce- Jackopierce (the other lead singer/writer)

Gordon Lightfoot

Dave Matthews

Brandon Boyd- Incubus

Dallas Smith- Default. He has a pretty good voice, but he honestly can't remember how to sing the songs live apparently.

Michael Hutchense- INXS

Drummers- Jose Pasillas- Incubus. He is just about probably the most underrated drummer on the face of the planet. I've honestly never heard before a style as unique and completely off the wall as his. Just listen to Pardon Me and Nowhere Fast. The Style is in a lot of Incubus songs, but in those two in particular. He doesn't get any of the credit he deserves. The same can be said about Jeremy Taggert- Our Lady Peace. He too has a unique style, indifferent from everyone else. Just listen to Starseed, Is Anybody Home, One Man Army, Life, Naveed, The Wonderful Future, and Bring Back The Sun because it mainly sticks out those songs.

Other:

Dave Grohl- Nirvana

Scott Philips- Creed (Yes, that's right, you heard me!)

Mike Cosgrove- Alien Ant Farm

John Dalmayan- System of A Down

Paul Doucette- Matchbox Twenty

John Bonham- Led Zeppelin

Keith Moon- The Who

Eric Kretz- Stone Temple Pilots

Carter Beauford- DMB

Guitarists-

Mike Einziger- Incubus

Daron Malakian- System of A Down

Dean DeLeo- Stone Temple Pilots

Angus Young- AC/DC. I know a lot of their songs sound alike, but some of his raunchy riffs helped create metal. I think anyways...

Jimmy Page- Led Zeppelin. Pretty damn amazing. Except for the only problem is, he, and the rest of Zepp, could be quite sloppy live. Also considering that he dubbed over a lot of rythym guitar parts in the studio which he couldn't do live obviously.

Bassists-

I may not know much about Bass, and it's also hard for me to hear in a lot of songs... But a lot of the basslines from the former bass player of Incubus, Dirk "Alex" Lance, stick out for me. Especially in 'Are You In?'.

Piano-

I'm honestly not too fond of Chris on the Piano...

Well, you certinaly have covered all your bases.

Vocalists- There are a lot of great lead singers, but one comes in mind for me in particular... I know I'm pretty much the only fan of them here because I'm about the only here who has ever heard of them, but the one of the lead singer/song writers of Jackopierce, Jack O'Neill, has one incredible voice. Bon Scott, the former vocalist of AC/DC (deceased), even though he doesn't sing, per-ce, he had an incredible voice because he could just scream pretty much through out the whole song and is very hard to impersonate because of that.

Other:

Keith Kane- Vertical Horizon. When VH started out as a singing songwriting duo, he had 50 % of the vocals on an album. He no longer sings lead vocals or writes songs anymore, but he still has an incredible voice.

Michael Stipe- R.E.M.

Davey Havok- AFI

Neil Young

Scott Stapp- Creed (Yes, you heard me. He may sound exactly like Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, but oh well.)

Kurt Cobain- Nirvana

Gordon Lightfoot

Dave Matthews

Brandon Boyd- Incubus

Dallas Smith- Default. He has a pretty good voice, but he honestly can't remember how to sing the songs live apparently.

Michael Hutchense- INXS

Drummers- Jose Pasillas- Incubus. He is just about probably the most underrated drummer on the face of the planet. I've honestly never heard before a style as unique and completely off the wall as his. Just listen to Pardon Me and Nowhere Fast. The Style is in a lot of Incubus songs, but in those two in particular. He doesn't get any of the credit he deserves. The same can be said about Jeremy Taggert- Our Lady Peace. He too has a unique style, indifferent from everyone else. Just listen to Starseed, Is Anybody Home, One Man Army, Life, Naveed, The Wonderful Future, and Bring Back The Sun because it mainly sticks out those songs.

Other:

Dave Grohl- Nirvana

Keith Moon- The Who

Carter Beauford- DMB

Guitarists-

Mike Einziger- Incubus

Angus Young- AC/DC. I know a lot of their songs sound alike, but some of his raunchy riffs helped create metal. I think anyways...

Jimmy Page- Led Zeppelin. Pretty damn amazing. Except for the only problem is, he, and the rest of Zepp, could be quite sloppy live. Also considering that he dubbed over a lot of rythym guitar parts in the studio which he couldn't do live obviously.

Bassists-

I may not know much about Bass, and it's also hard for me to hear in a lot of songs... But a lot of the basslines from the former bass player of Incubus, Dirk "Alex" Lance, stick out for me. Especially in 'Are You In?'.

Piano-

Well, you certinaly have covered all your bases.

Other:

Michael Stipe- R.E.M.

Davey Havok- AFI

Neil Young

Kurt Cobain- Nirvana

Gordon Lightfoot

Dave Matthews

Brandon Boyd- Incubus

Michael Hutchense- INXS

Other:

Dave Grohl- Nirvana

Keith Moon- The Who

Carter Beauford- DMB

Guitarists-

Mike Einziger- Incubus

Bassists-

Piano-

...That wasn't sarcasm was it? Thanks if not.

For guitar - The Edge from U2

Say what you will about his non-existant guitar work, but the man has some serious musical talent. He might not be able to shred like a mad 80's hair band guitarist, or play like Stevie Ray Vaughn, but I love the sounds that he can get out of that instrument ["Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me", baby.]

Go Edge.

:guitarist:

• 1 month later...