✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise Process Anyone Else Feel the Same?

grim99

The day that Paradise was coming out I set my alarm for 2:50 am (im on east coast) so that I could listen to the first playing of the song on BBC 1. I started listen and I thought cool intro.. then I thought.. uh oh this beat.. ill hold on.. first verse ehhhh.. and then after the para para I just straight up turned it off, frustrated. Then of course the next day I listened to it a million times and every time I listened I liked something new.. cool melody, the OH oh oh OHOH oh oh oh part was fun to sing a long to, even the para para paradise became fun. Now, I like the song pretty well (still not my favorite of course) but I think its pretty good. My only gripe is that bridge (it gets so heavy.. i thought that could have been more lyrically sophisticated), but I like the melody and energy of the song. Oh and live its like 10 times better. Anyone else have a change of heart?

Guest howyousawtheworld

Found myself appreciating the song a whole lot more after hearing it live. It didn't happen with Every Teardrop but it happened with Paradise. Paradise is 10 times the song of Every Teardrop which by Coldplay's standards has just a really disappointing melody. But the Paradise melody is wonderful.

Actually now I think it is not that annoying and plain. Melody is wonderful indeed. I really don't like the lyrics and Chris' vocals on it. But the melody is great. It grew on me and now I think it's more complicated and interesting than I noticed from the first bunch of listens.

Actually now I think it is not that annoying and plain. Melody is wonderful indeed. I really don't like the lyrics and Chris' vocals on it. But the melody is great. It grew on me and now I think it's more complicated and interesting than I noticed from the first bunch of listens.

Yes! I like the melody as well, just the lyrics annoy me.

At fisrt I didn't like it (maybe because it came out on an awful day)

Now I really like the melody, production, arrangement and strings (Davide Rossi does a great job here!)

I admit that the chorus is quite stadium-ish but I really don't care now :nice:

The day that Paradise was coming out I set my alarm for 2:50 am (im on east coast) so that I could listen to the first playing of the song on BBC 1. I started listen and I thought cool intro.. then I thought.. uh oh this beat.. ill hold on.. first verse ehhhh.. and then after the para para I just straight up turned it off, frustrated. Then of course the next day I listened to it a million times and every time I listened I liked something new.. cool melody, the OH oh oh OHOH oh oh oh part was fun to sing a long to, even the para para paradise became fun. Now, I like the song pretty well (still not my favorite of course) but I think its pretty good. My only gripe is that bridge (it gets so heavy.. i thought that could have been more lyrically sophisticated), but I like the melody and energy of the song. Oh and live its like 10 times better. Anyone else have a change of heart?

same here and i also like that piano at the end but still im dissapointed with coldplay because they used to please me in the ears from the first listen :D