✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rihanna can sod off

TwistedPolitik

And posts like this make you lose any sort of credibility.... unless you seriously want to argue that Encore, Relapse or Recovery compare with his earlier stuff.

Saying someone has lost all their credibility because they have a different taste in music to you makes you lose more credibility than them.

If that makes sense. I don't think it does. So forgive me! :D

By the way, Eminem ain't got nuthin on Jigga or Ye or my main man Sligga (ok, imade him up).

Why do people on this forum seem to hate pop music? Coldplay is pop music

I think they associate pop music with the likes of Katy Perry and other similar "artists." It's a shame because there's some really good pop music out there. And coincidentally, Rihanna's been involved in some really outstanding tracks - Umbrella is an obvious example.

I think they associate pop music with the likes of Katy Perry and other similar "artists." It's a shame because there's some really good pop music out there. And coincidentally, Rihanna's been involved in some really outstanding tracks - Umbrella is an obvious example.

Yeah, definitely. I put Umbrella up there with the best songs of all time, as well as Crazy In Love - Beyonce, My Love - Justin Timberlake and others.

I wish people would stop this.

off thread

will stop insulting Rihanna and more because there are people of the same village, here on forum and I do not think it's respectful either

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77833&page=9

You combine all in a pop music irrespective music, when you go into sounds ?

for you all singers commercial are the same stereotypes ?

song prefered of Rihanna :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khwXOpyfYPI&feature=related]Rihanna - Redemption Song (Yahoo! Music Cover Art 2006) - YouTube[/ame]

his musics is Caribbean music, reggae, R&B dance-pop, hip-hop, rock-oriented, 80s new wave :

Volume 65 of the Contemporary Black Biography book series notes that "Rihanna is the rare rhythm and blues (R&B) diva to emerge from the Caribbean world."[113] Becoming an international sensation, Rihanna is known for blending R&B with Caribbean music, such as reggae and dancehall.[114] Peter Coulter of the Antrim Times commented that "[Rihanna] has an amazing voice which showed during her acoustic set, she just needs to work on her audience engagement during live shows."[115] At the time of her debut, reviewers referred to her as a "bubblegum queen"[116] and her music to "teen pop."[117] Larry Meyler of The Sun stated that "Rihanna going bad is very good" and that she had "[shaken] off any 'teen pop' image as she rocked the stage."[117] While performing at the Ottawa Bluesfest, Denis Armstrong of Canadian Online Explorer commented on her performance saying "her show was a Disney-esque choreographed fantasy of non-stop hip-swivelling, sassy attitude and personal endearments and a string of funky, sugar-free hits."[116]

Rihanna performing on her Loud Tour in Sunrise, Florida Rihanna was originally marketed as a reggae singer since she burst into the music scene in 2005, with a styles of pop, R&B and dancehall. Her music include various styles of musical genres, including contemporary R&B, dance-pop and the Caribbean music styles of reggae and dancehall.[118] With the release of Music of the Sun and its lead single "Pon de Replay", Jason Birchmeier of Allmusic described Rihanna's musical style as "synthesize Caribbean rhythms and beats with standard-issue urban dance-pop: Caribbean-inflected urban, if you will."[119] Rihanna is described as utilizing "dancehall-lite beats and a reggae vocal cadence."[119] NME describes the singer as a "heady mix of dancehall, reggae and contemporary R&B."[120] Barry Walters of Rolling Stone considers Rihanna's A Girl Like Me to be "lightweight dancehall and R&B jams."[121] After the release of Good Girl Gone Bad, Allmusic's Andy Kellman credits Rihanna to be "as pop as pop gets."[122] Kelefa Sanneh of The New York Times described her hit "Umbrella" as a lightweight pop confection with a heavy hip-hop backbeat, a breezy love song enriched by those unexpectedly goth-sounding keyboards and by the incongruous hint of anguish in Rihanna’s girlish voice.[123]

Her debut album featured production from pop veterans Evan Rogers and Carl Sturken who first discovered her. Sturken and Rogers have collaborated with Rihanna many times, including with her debut single "Pon de Replay", which helped launch her career with the tradition of reggae and dance pop and collaborated on her second album. Rihanna then enlisted into the pop and contemporary R&B working with music producer Stargate and singer-songwriter Ne-Yo on "Unfaithful"[52] and sampling the key section, bass line, and drum beat from Soft Cell's 1981 single "Tainted Love" on "SOS".[124] With songs like "Kisses Don't Lie" and "Shut Up and Drive", her music style became more rock-oriented.[39] Unlike Music of the Sun or A Girl Like Me, her third album contained a more dance-pop sound[125] and less of the dancehall, reggae and ballad styles of her previous albums.[126] She has included various styles of music from uptempo pop-reggae with "Pon De Replay", to an 80s new wave fueled club banger "SOS" to the whiff of gothic horror in a love song "Unfaithful". Most of her love subject ballads contain a mid-tempo pop sound, with an R&B influences that uses of a gently strummed acoustic guitar with the production of Stargate and the songs written by Ne-Yo.[40] Some of her up-tempo dance-pop songs include production from Carl Sturken and Evan Rogers, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart and J. R. Rotem.[127] She has also sampled songs from other artist like Soft Cell's "Tainted Love" on "SOS",[124] New Order's "Blue Monday" on "Shut Up and Drive" and '70s original song "Soul Makossa" of Manu Dibango with a part of the chorus from Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" on "Don't Stop the Music".

Jay-Z, who discovered Rihanna, not product by itself because :

" Although she still thinks of herself as Robyn, she chose her middle name as her stage name because to her, the name Rihanna is just a stage that started in a recording studio in 2005.[30]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rihanna

Katy Perry product by itself become good marketing product american, a believer by his biography.

just because the producers not all agree on his talent ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katy_Perry

his musics is :

Perry has a contralto vocal range.[73] Perry's first album is of the gospel music genre.[10][17] She related that her perspective in music was "a bit enclosed and very strict", and everything she did was church-related.[10] Her second album, One of the Boys, is described as "secular" and "rock," and reflects a departure from her religious musical roots.[10] Her next album Teenage Dream featured more pop songs in the vein of Boys.[14][74] Among Perry's musical influences are Alanis Morissette,[12][21] pop rockers Cyndi Lauper, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, Shirley Manson,[75] and Freddie Mercury,[11] the late frontman of the British band Queen. In her tribute to Mercury on what would have been his 65th birthday, Perry stated; "Without you I wouldn't be making music or doing what I do because your lyrics inspired me as a 15 year old girl."[76] She was especially inspired by the Queen song, "Killer Queen" to pursue a career in pop music after her first album.[10] She also described Morissette's album, Jagged Little Pill as having influenced her music profoundly; even going on to work with Morissette's collaborator on the album, Glen Ballard because of that.[16]

Perry is artistically involved in her projects, especially in the writing process. Since she could play guitar, she would start writing songs at home and present it to her producers. Perry is mostly inspired by specific moments of her life. She said it is easy for her to write songs about heartbreak.[11] Most of the themes in One of the Boys deal with heartbreak, teen adventure, and "puking into toilets".[16] Perry's mother reportedly told British tabloid Daily Mail that she dislikes her daughter's music, calling it "shameful and disgusting".[10][77] Perry said her mother was misquoted and told MTV that it was false information.[77] Her songs "Ur So Gay" and "I Kissed a Girl" have received negative reactions from both religious and gay sectors.[77] The songs have been respectively labeled as being homophobic and promoting homosexuality, as well as "lez ploitational".[10] MTV mentioned criticism suggesting that Perry is using "bi-curiosity" as a way to sell records.[77] Perry responded to the controversy surrounding "Ur So Gay": "It's not a negative connotation. It's not, 'you're so gay,' like, 'you're so lame,' but the fact of the matter is that this boy should've been gay. I totally understand how it could be misconstrued or whatever ... It wasn't stereotyping anyone in particular, I was talking about ex-boyfriends."[78]