✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My Coldplay Covers

fooby

I think that UATW is too much chaotic (yes I know you played it only few times), but I mean the tempo is too fast and you should sing it more calmly. Not like someone would chase you with an iron : D Hm it sounds like the song had been done a little casually. Just because, without any feeling. I would recommend you then add a little heart to it next time and I think it will be ok. Guitarist was a one mad man XD Did he even knew the scale? lol.

HLH, as for verse I think you should change the way you sing a little. I don't know how to explain it but hm maybe change a style slightly? Ya know what I mean?

As for the pre chorus. NO. That weren't the notes, so sorry : ( I think that it was the worst part. The ending was ok, but I would recommend you the same thing I did in the verse. Concentrate on singing more. Maybe yous should do the multi-tracking? Cause I think that if you'll try a little harder you'll do better stuff, so good luck, record something more if you want to I still enjoy listening it.

Cheers for the crit, I've recorded tons of parts for LIT2 including the dulcimer, so I'm probably gonna put vocals over that if you want a better idea of multi-tracking stuff, although the chorus is really high for me.

Then practice or make it low. No one's gonna throw bricks at you. You can always sing an octave lower or change the key. But the second one is troublesome if you already recorded the parts, so I guess...just sing it the way you want. You don't have to stick to original always (although I prefer these versions of covers) but as I mentioned before add a little feeling to it (just not too much).

Then practice or make it low. No one's gonna throw bricks at you. You can always sing an octave lower or change the key. But the second one is troublesome if you already recorded the parts, so I guess...just sing it the way you want. You don't have to stick to original always (although I prefer these versions of covers) but as I mentioned before add a little feeling to it (just not too much).
Yeah I'm trying to come up with an alternative, that's why it's not been finished yet. Hopefully soon though :) Might do A Message in the meantime.

Not bad, I do completely agree with The Champion here.

Also another tip, first record the guitars(make sure it's not as mono as it is right now!) and than record your vocals seperated on it's own track.

Next make sure your vocals come to the front of your guitar and put up the recording here!

I say this because this recording is pretty hard to judge as it is.

Not bad, I do completely agree with The Champion here.

Also another tip, first record the guitars(make sure it's not as mono as it is right now!) and than record your vocals seperated on it's own track.

Next make sure your vocals come to the front of your guitar and put up the recording here!

I say this because this recording is pretty hard to judge as it is.

Cheers, I'll try and record it over the weekend, its pretty hard to get a decent quality though as I don't have any sort of pre-amp to boost the signal of the mic, it's already boosted 500% in post for the videos.

It should be exactly the same as the microphone being used is the same as the vids, just you have that advantage of being able to have multiple guitar tracks and stuff so it sounds fuller. I really need to get myself a pre-amp to get rid of the stupid amount of noise caused by boosting the mic, it actually sounds quite decent when it isn't. Anyway I'll try and get that LIT2 recording finished today.

Also when I use that guitar I think I need to change the mic setup, as on my Takamine I have a feedback buster (rubber block in sound hole) to stop feedback from monitors when I'm playing live, but it also quietens the guitar down quite allot, so you can't here the vocals properly without it.

Yet again didn't get LIT2 done, Had to record it elsewhere as the hammer dulcimer belongs to my grandad and it's quite valuable so he doesn't want me taking it anywhere. Working on Charlie Brown now, just worked out the guitar part after finally working out what tuning it is. Eb A D G Bb D for anyone wondering, never even seen it before.

Here's Charlie Brown, it's a multi tracked recording :) Pretty pleased with this, actually managed to get a pretty good guitar tone! Please excuse my dodgey mixing.

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/joelstephenson/coldplay-charlie-brown]Coldplay - Charlie Brown (Acoustic Cover) by Joel Stephenson on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
will you record only superstition another day? :)
Sure I'll give it a shot, it's one of those Coldplay songs I've never really listened too properly.

Here is Wedding Bells.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxvsXUqOqA]Coldplay - Wedding Bells (Cover) - YouTube[/ame]