✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What Coldplay's new pathway provides...

Teco

THIS kind of thing is enough to point why I just can't swallow the new Coldplay without chewing a lot and taking a sip of vodka:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQA5gQQNkIo]Coldplay - Paradise (Fedde le Grand Remix) - Official - YouTube[/ame]

Now if there is something that makes me faithless, that is the something. "Once uppon a time" we used to hear profound e-bow guitars and appalling chords that used to drove us into a dark and mentally "awakener" alleyroad. All this dark description, however, do not mean the antique sound was depressing or ever made someone exactly desirous of death. It was just deep, firm in its doubts and musically complex.

With the eletro synth beat, the rapped lyrics and the overused backtracks and playbacks, Coldplay is going way beyond the frequently claimed "popularization". It is unfortunately becoming almost predictable, ordinary and shallow.

I die for a leak of MX right now, but I can't hide the frustration of having a brand new CD of my favourite alternative rock band filled with a eletronic pop hiphopy content.

Enough, I just wanted to... vent

hmm...they kinda did the same thing with ETIAW ft. Swedish House Mafia

I'm not a fan of either remixes....but whatever its not on the album and that's all that really matters

At least it's not an official remix, though I would cringe to read a song titled - "Coldplay ft. Pitbull"...might have to drink vodka with a gun that day

Now i know this has been said before. They can play ROBTTH,X&Y music style anytime. They try different genre's every album. Would you want to listen to the same type of music every time a new album comes out? If you play one type of music, you wont grow. Playing new styles of music will bring in new fans not to mention more revenue. Look at U2.

Now i know this has been said before. They can play ROBTTH,X&Y music style anytime. They try different genre's every album. Would you want to listen to the same type of music every time a new album comes out? If you play one type of music, you wont grow. Playing new styles of music will bring in new fans not to mention more revenue. Look at U2.

you are a gentleman and a scholar:smug:

you need to calm down. its a remix:thinking:

Yup.

But I have never seen a... "Sparks" eletro remix on YouTube.

Would you want to listen to the same type of music every time a new album comes out?

Yeeeeeah, that's what I usually do!

If you play one type of music, you wont grow.

I won't stop listening to my music to start liking Ke$ha and I don't think it will affect my inner growth.

Playing new styles of music will bring in new fans not to mention more revenue. Look at U2.

That's what I said. They're becoming more popular. And then what?

Look at U2 yourself, they're rich, superpop and do not make the same music they used to do.

Yup.

But I have never seen a... "Sparks" eletro remix on YouTube.

Yeeeeeah, that's what I usually do!

I won't stop listening to my music to start liking Ke$ha and I don't think it will affect my inner growth.

That's what I said. They're becoming more popular. And then what?

Look at U2 yourself, they're rich, superpop and do not make the same music they used to do.

Yeah thats what i said lol. If i typed it right =P

Thanks boys, I didn't know it was just a remix, I thought it was the CD version already!

Much relief now!

:rolleyes:

Well what the hell are you doing getting all worked up and upset?

Coldplay have nothing to do with this. Someone remixed it and they liked it and decided to upload it.

Radiohead allow remixes of their music too. So do Death Cab for Cutie. Hell, lots of it is even worse than that Paradise remix. Does that mean Radiohead and DCFC are " predictable, ordinary and shallow"?

Of course it doesn't. You're just being reactionary and angry.

Was he being sarcastic? I can't tell because the English is a little broken. No problem with that! Just mean to say I'm not sure if he's being sarcastic.

Obviously, can't base stuff off remixes. There is a Sparks remix out there I'm sure. A remix doesn't speak to anything. If we're listening to a song and we think, "Is this the song or a remixed version" then maybe the band have gone too far.

But right now I'm all for progression - and its baby steps at that. What everyone on this site will soon realize is that the wider world doesn't think Coldplay has changed at all. Which should affect your perspective. Doesn't mean it should change your opinion, just your perspective.

Wow.....

I've heard lots of Coldplay songs remixed. What's wrong with that.

And by the way it's not like people haven't sampled a Parachtes song for anything.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih2G_36R6w0]Azad Right - "Spiderwebs" (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

People are looking for reasons to hate Coldplay. If you don't like the new direction get off of the forum. It will be MX centered for the next 3 years.

Here are a list of bands/artists that have changed/evolved and have fans who prefer the earlier stuff.

Radiohead, U2, Muse, Green Day, David Bowie, The Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Blur, Jay-Z, Arctic Monkeys, Gorillaz, Kings of Leon, The Killers, Basement Jaxx, The Chemical Brothers, Air, The Verve, Take That, Massive Attack, Portishead, Tricky, Keane, Franz Ferdinand

Unless you want Coldplay to do a Stone Roses - i.e. release two albums and be done with it - I suggest you get used to the fact that Coldplay are simply following what everyone else does.

Stop moaning and be thankful that such a gifted band are sharing their work with you.

Here's something you might want to take a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remixes_(Coldplay_album)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjRQvbPh9tQ]Coldplay - Clocks (Royksopp Trembling Heart Remix) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Va-zXk0D0]Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (Def Inc. Remix) - YouTube[/ame]

Just calm down and stop being negative without a real reason. Coldplay songs have been always been remixed, and sometimes even released as you can see. In 2003.