✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Did they use a sample or is it their own song?

Hi guys,

I really like DLIBYH, but that melody in this song ( which sounds like a xylophone or something ) sounds familiar to me. Did they use any sample ( like in ETIAW ) or somethin like that from another artist, or is DLIBYH 100% Coldplays idea?

I mean, did they use some existing melodies or something?

Would really like to know that.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I really like DLIBYH, but that melody in this song ( which sounds like a xylophone or something ) sounds familiar to me. Did they use any sample ( like in ETIAW ) or somethin like that from another artist, or is DLIBYH 100% Coldplays idea?

Seeing as the only samples printed in the CD booklet are UWTB, ETIAW and POC I think this is all theirs! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

The melody sounds a lot like Glass of Water to me so maybe that's why it sounds familiar.

When I first heard it, GoW popped into my head immediately. :laugh3:

It actually has the same chord progression as GOW's verses, where GOW is D-F#m-Bm-G, and DLIBYH is B-D#m-G#m-E...which are both of the I-iii-vi-IV format. And the guitar is line is slightly similar to ETIAW. And the drums / intro have a slight Politik flavour. And the fast speed draws on Things I Don't Understand.

That said, DLIBYH sounds a little bit like everything else Coldplay has done but put together and better, in my opinion.