✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Overproduced

Fabodabo31

This and Charlie Brown equally. I wouldn't say they ruined the songs but they made both (imo) from 12 out of 10s into 7 or 8s.

It might not seem much, but as those were, for me, the strongest tracks which might have 'made' the album it's tipped it from being 'an almost classic' to 'high average'.

I honestly boked when I read this thread title.

In my eyes (if anyone has seen, I've said this many times) there is no such thing as "overproduced". The production is done to what the band thinks is right. If it was overproduced, they'd be spending not only a whole lot of time, but they'd add things and change it to the point where the song sounds crap and that it sounds like a completely different song.

Now I know what you're saying, in the sense that it sounds like a chart topper. Well apart form the fact I really don't care, I think it just sounds polished, refined, crisp, well thought out and above all, different. The synthesisers sound fabulous, so does the drums and everything, it's by far my favourite from the album.

The song has not changed at all, the sound neither, it's just the same as it was during the festival run of this summer, it fits perfectly with the album, and I'd hate to see it in the style of Parachutes or something.

I honestly boked when I read this thread title.

In my eyes (if anyone has seen, I've said this many times) there is no such thing as "overproduced". The production is done to what the band thinks is right. If it was overproduced, they'd be spending not only a whole lot of time, but they'd add things and change it to the point where the song sounds crap and that it sounds like a completely different song.

Now I know what you're saying, in the sense that it sounds like a chart topper. Well apart form the fact I really don't care, I think it just sounds polished, refined, crisp, well thought out and above all, different. The synthesisers sound fabulous, so does the drums and everything, it's by far my favourite from the album.

The song has not changed at all, the sound neither, it's just the same as it was during the festival run of this summer, it fits perfectly with the album, and I'd hate to see it in the style of Parachutes or something.

It's nothing like the live versions, what are you talking about? :shocked2:

As for 'no such thing as over-produced' please Google Let It Be...Naked and then come back on the thread to talk about it sensibly :shocked2:

It's nothing like the live versions, what are you talking about? :shocked2:

As for 'no such thing as over-produced' please Google Let It Be...Naked and then come back on the thread to talk about it sensibly :shocked2:

I'm just presenting my opinion man, and that's yours. I prefer the studio version to the live version, I think there's more energy in the intro.

And yeah I love the naked version of Let It Be but the strings add a whole new level to the song in the original version. It wasn't over produced, you're just saying what Paul McCartney said!! :L

Studio version and live version are both fantastic and both experiences are great, the guitar is better in the live version but I love hearing those back track vocals emphasized on the studio version. is the song overly produceed, hell yeah it is but thats the point, the production made it sound like beautifully controlled choas in the form of art/music which is what graffti is and that was the song is about.