✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Diabetes

Sweet One

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my friend has it, and she doesn't do to well in the taking precautions and eating well, lol, meaning she is a big drinker, lol, but when she takes her shots its kinda scary, bc she just gives herself needles in the stomach everyday, and its sad that she has to do it everyday for the rest of her life. they need to find a cure!!!!! i always donate!! donate to find a cure for diabetes!!

First it's not a disease! and .... I'm almost have diabetes, I don't eat somenthing with sugar in 5 hours and I have headaches and just witrh a bit of sugar they dissapear.... but I'm not medically consider one, though m6 dad suffers from Diabetes, and all my relatives have died from it.... :dozey:

First it's not a disease! and .... I'm almost have diabetes' date=' I don't eat somenthing with sugar in 5 hours and I have headaches and just witrh a bit of sugar they dissapear.... but I'm not medically consider one, though m6 dad suffers from Diabetes, and all my relatives have died from it.... :dozey:[/quote']

True... it's a Medical Condition, and not contagious!

bc she just gives herself needles in the stomach everyday, and its sad that she has to do it everyday for the rest of her life.

I believe that's called 'Type A' and it's a childhood set-in or something you would have had since birth. 'Type B' is something you would get if you don't care what you eat...how much sugar you consume, etc. One of my co-workers got diagnosed with Type B just last Thursday :stunned: but he's really old and he was okay with it....his analysis: he's losing his pancreas anyways and soon enough he'll be dead so what does he care if he gets diabetes....

i was like...hmmmm okay. :stunned:

bc she just gives herself needles in the stomach everyday, and its sad that she has to do it everyday for the rest of her life.

I believe that's called 'Type A' and it's a childhood set-in or something you would have had since birth. 'Type B' is something you would get if you don't care what you eat...how much sugar you consume, etc. One of my co-workers got diagnosed with Type B just last Thursday :stunned: but he's really old and he was okay with it....his analysis: he's losing his pancreas anyways and soon enough he'll be dead so what does he care if he gets diabetes....

i was like...hmmmm okay. :stunned:

For the average human being, I have the type B :(

yeah, too many people are having diabetes.... that's too bad.

personally, i have to worry about it too 'cuz it runs in the family....or at least, you have bigger chances of getting it if your family members have it and you don't take care in what you eat....

well it's the same with me, that's why I say or the "average human being".... Medically not yet, but as medicine it's suppose to be preventive not curative, I'm following the same diet they have, though in my case I have too much sugar, but it's dangerous when you have too little......

Proud story

My grandmother was one of the first people to be diagnosed with it when she was 10 years old or so. Banting and Best (Canadian students probably know the name) invented insulin to help control blood sugar levels and Dr.Banting was my grandmother's doctor. About 15 years ago there was an article about her being one of the oldest, if not the oldest, person on Earth that has diabetes and still alive and moderates it well. But it takes a lot of effort and knowledge about it to moderate it.