✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Small question about Indie...

CityandColour

that's exactly what it is. it's not really a genre, although people like to use it like it is.

any band not signed to one of the big five record companies is an independant artist.

it gets a little more complicated than that, because a lot of indie labels have distribution deals with major labels, but that's not anything anybody is really interested in.

also, people seem to think "indie" means "retro" or "vintage" like these bands labeled "Indie-Rock" like the Strokes, the White Stripes, The Vines, The Hives, Interpol, Kings of Leon, etc... Jump Little Children is an underground band, but people argue with me saying that they're not indie because of their sound, which is dumb, because Indie means "independent" not "vintage rock"

oh my god, definitely NOT "frat rock." that makes me think of puddle of mud or limp bizkit or some such bullshit.

:lol: Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I saw "Frat Rock". Hahaha. I used to like both of those bands too. I don't know what the hell I was thinking at the time. Oh, yes.... Puddle of Mudd's line, "I love the way you spank my ass."