✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

South american tour

Bar

So you´re saying you wouldn´t come to south america just because of the piracy ?

NO, actually there are tons of reasons why i wouldn't come to south america.

You see, bands like coldplay, radiohead or travis have an insignificant amount of fans here. You never see their videos on mtv, and the radio ignores their existance. And if you don't have enough fans, you can't make great gigs. Like... if you could choose, where would you perform? London, Glasgow, Dublin, Paris or a lil city in south america?

Gigs like the hollywood bowl had like, 20.000 fans, while the rio de janeiro gig had 3.000. So it just isn't worth, you actually LOSE money when you come to south america, cos you have to pay for the transport and the equipment, and you won't get enough money in return.

So yeah, there are tons of good excuses to not visit south america.

But of course it would be awesome to have great bands like coldplay or oasis in brazil all the time, but they have good reasons to ignore us.

Well you know our Stadium it's for 75.000 people and usually in the concerts is for 60.000 or 65.000 and U2 did come here, and they didn't thought it was too little! So did Bon Jovi, Metallica and other big bands................ If they want to come they will, because there is a public........ and in Argentina the stadiums are bigger than here, so I don't see a reason there!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third... yea, some users here really can understand spanish, german or portuguese, but you see, 90% of the coldplaying users are from canada or the us, so i think they can't understand everything you guys say, so uhh... why don't we all speak english here?:

Well, we don't have 90% of the board here! :lol: Well, I personally like to speak in english, but my spanish in better and it's easier and....... You know! :P :sneaky:

i guess not.. thom ( valleyball) is teaching me portuguese and its kinda easy.. what i've learned so far:"muito lindo" = beautiful :P

No has aprendido nada parece! :lol: [ Estoy bromeando] Bueno, yo también trato un poco, Eu fala Portuguese....... pero no muito! Juliana and Cristine speak to me in Portuguese, so they've kind of teach me but I keep confusing portuguese with French! :lol:

you live in like freaken south america

you speak portugease then?

For your information, almost all the countries in South America speak Spanish, with the exception of Brazil [Portuguese], The French Guyana [French], Guyana [English], Surinam [Portuguese maybe?] and some small islands that speak English with Spanish, coreect me If I'm wrong!

confusing portugese and french

je ne vois pas tellemnt la resemblance

I confuse like Vouz or vous (well my spelling sucks), like just words not phrases; I have some confusion sometimes, but they don't look or sound alike! Je no parlez Francais! :(

mycdplayerisbroke wrote:

For your information, almost all the countries in South America speak Spanish, with the exception of Brazil [Portuguese], The French Guyana [French], Guyana [English], Surinam [Portuguese maybe?] and some small islands that speak English with Spanish, coreect me If I'm wrong!

it was directed towards denise berryman fyi

So you´re saying you wouldn´t come to south america just because of the piracy ?

NO, actually there are tons of reasons why i wouldn't come to south america.

You see, bands like coldplay, radiohead or travis have an insignificant amount of fans here. You never see their videos on mtv, and the radio ignores their existance. And if you don't have enough fans, you can't make great gigs. Like... if you could choose, where would you perform? London, Glasgow, Dublin, Paris or a lil city in south america?

Gigs like the hollywood bowl had like, 20.000 fans, while the rio de janeiro gig had 3.000.

Sao Paulo concert had 6000 people (sold out concert) and there were people dying to get a ticket. And do you want to know why it´s so rare to see great bands like Coldplay, Travis, Radiohead and Oasis on mtv ? Cause there´s too much crap on music these days that brazilian teenagers really adore ! And mtv has to show videos of who's in the charts, like Britney, Linkin Park (YUCK), Blink 182 and other brazilian horrible bands. People that like alternative music prefer to listen to cds or wait till 1:30 in the morning to watch 1 hour and a half of good videos. Unfortunatelly here in Brazil, radiohead, coldplay, travis and many more (like white stripes) can´t compete to what we call here "teenager music".

Why do you think Iron Maiden (that´s just an example) comes to Brazil every year ? Because they have lots of fans. Oasis came here twice, Echo and the Bunnymen came like 5 times, Bowie came twice... Even Rush, that lots of people (myself included) thought they would never play here, made an awesome concert last year. All sold out concerts.

So you shouldn´t despise a country just because you probably gonna do a show for like 6000, 10000 people (if in a stadium). And if I were in a band, I would prefer small places to play, cause you get more intimate with your fans.

mycdplayerisbroke wrote:

But I think your question has been answered.

mycdplayerisbroke wrote:

But I think your question has been answered.

;) That's what we are here for! :D

Cause there´s too much crap on music these days that brazilian teenagers really adore !

who the fuck cares what they listen to

your not a teenager

you cant change someones opinion about music like that

And I don´t want to change.. It´s their opinion. I just think it´s not fair to people that don´t like these kinda of music. You don´t see videos of hard rock or metal on mtv either. It´s unfair to people who enjoy this kind of music. I was a teenager once and a huge fan of boy bands, such as Menudo and New Kids on the Block. People change their opinion.

You would be very upset if the things you´re like aren´t on mtv.... I don´t know about MTV in the US, but MTV Brazil really sucks...

Cause there´s too much crap on music these days that brazilian teenagers really adore !

who the fuck cares what they listen to

your not a teenager

you cant change someones opinion about music like that

And I don´t want to change.. It´s their opinion. I just think it´s not fair to people that don´t like these kinda of music. You don´t see videos of hard rock or metal on mtv either. It´s unfair to people who enjoy this kind of music. I was a teenager once and a huge fan of boy bands, such as Menudo and New Kids on the Block. People change their opinion.

You would be very upset if the things you´re like aren´t on mtv.... I don´t know about MTV in the US, but MTV Brazil really sucks...

MTV Argentina (that's what we get) also sucks......... and MTV Mexico too, and that also sucks............ and we don't ahve MTV (Thanks the almighty! :lol: )

I just think it´s not fair to people that don´t like these kinda of music. You don´t see videos of hard rock or metal on mtv either

yes but the companies and tv stations wouldnt get much money.

they play what the kids want to hear

thats how they get their money.

sellout ring a bell?

:idea2:

Well that's only because that people it's sort off stupid...... that's the mases and they buy anything and all that staff!......Basic Economy! :D

I just think it´s not fair to people that don´t like these kinda of music. You don´t see videos of hard rock or metal on mtv either

yes but the companies and tv stations wouldnt get much money.

they play what the kids want to hear

thats how they get their money.

sellout ring a bell?

:idea2:

Oh, I can see you put a scroll on your signature. Was it hard to understand what I wrote in the other thread ? :/

Guest LiquidSky
Él no es de Jamaica' date=' aprte es un pequeño ignorante que no tiene ni idea de la historia de Sud America y sus países. Yo estaba tan desilusionada cuando supe que no venian, pero realmente desilusionada porque pensé que no iban a ser como la tipica banda que va solamente a Mexico y Brazil, osea yo esperaba que ellos vinieran tal como lo hizo U2, pero que se la va a hacer! :dozey:[/quote']

De donde eres? :confused: