✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

South american tour

Bar

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all, welcome to the boards, mrs buckland. i dont think i saw you posting before, so hey, welcome! i'm Thom, what's your name? hope you have a great time posting here. :D

Second.. yea, it's a shame that coldplay didn't tour south america, but i gotta agree with eric... like, i don't think i'd tour in south america if i were in a big band from the uk... cos you see, south america is full of piracy, and even if you can sell tons of records here, it's not gonna change a single thing, cos all the important charts are on the uk or the us.

Third... yea, some users here really can understand spanish, german or portuguese, but you see, 90% of the coldplaying users are from canada or the us, so i think they can't understand everything you guys say, so uhh... why don't we all speak english here?

Ps - coldplay, please come back to south america, and visit brazil again! :D :rolleyes:

yah, it's sad that they don't tour in other S. American countries...maybe they aren't as popular in some countries?

But, Argentina...would have thought they would be really popular there!

And yah...lot's of people forget about south america...even though it is right under the US :(

And yah...it would be difficult for other countries in S. america to just go and travel to mexico or brasil for a concert...

Second.. yea, it's a shame that coldplay didn't tour south america, but i gotta agree with eric... like, i don't think i'd tour in south america if i were in a big band from the uk... cos you see, south america is full of piracy, and even if you can sell tons of records here, it's not gonna change a single thing, cos all the important charts are on the uk or the us.

So you´re saying you wouldn´t come to south america just because of the piracy ? :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: That´s soooooooooooo stupid... Record labels should count other countries charts too, not just UK and US. Some bands treat South America like we´re not even on the map !

Ps - coldplay' date=' please come back to south america, and visit brazil again! :D :rolleyes:[/quote']

I have to agree with you on this one... They should come back do Brazil and this time go to Argentina too.

So you´re saying you wouldn´t come to south america just because of the piracy ?

NO, actually there are tons of reasons why i wouldn't come to south america.

You see, bands like coldplay, radiohead or travis have an insignificant amount of fans here. You never see their videos on mtv, and the radio ignores their existance. And if you don't have enough fans, you can't make great gigs. Like... if you could choose, where would you perform? London, Glasgow, Dublin, Paris or a lil city in south america?

Gigs like the hollywood bowl had like, 20.000 fans, while the rio de janeiro gig had 3.000. So it just isn't worth, you actually LOSE money when you come to south america, cos you have to pay for the transport and the equipment, and you won't get enough money in return.

So yeah, there are tons of good excuses to not visit south america.

But of course it would be awesome to have great bands like coldplay or oasis in brazil all the time, but they have good reasons to ignore us.

Mrs. Buckland, habla es espaÃąol, no hay problema! Te apuesto que las chicas brasileÃąas igual van a entender, Noni es espaÃąola, Solei habla espaÃąol (si no me equivoco) y Reno or Riff es PerÃēano asi que no hay problema!

Hay gente no deseada aquí, que no habla espaÃąol asi que.............! :lol: :lol:

In fact, I think cdplayerisbroke also speaks a bit of spanish... :rolleyes:

Mrs. Buckland, habla es espaÃąol, no hay problema! Te apuesto que las chicas brasileÃąas igual van a entender, Noni es espaÃąola, Solei habla espaÃąol (si no me equivoco) y Reno or Riff es PerÃēano asi que no hay problema!

Hay gente no deseada aquí, que no habla espaÃąol asi que.............! :lol: :lol:

In fact, I think cdplayerisbroke also speaks a bit of spanish... :rolleyes:

No Êl, bueno un poco, muy poco, pero tiene un traductor (parece que etoy bien) entonces..... :P