✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay don't tour the UK enough?

RC34127

No backyard ridiculousness asked for, or required - I think more than one or two shows in London every two years would make us happy (seeing as they live here and everything).

<edit> This is not about any other country. We all understand there are countries they've never visited and countries they never will, and I am sure wish all those folks had a chance to see them too. This is about them neglecting the UK considering they live here, come from here, and it's not far for them to travel to play here. And, in those terms, I think three gigs in two years in London is a joke.

I don't think a band should favor one area just because they're from that area. It's selfish to want that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree OP.

It's a joke (and not a very good one!)

For Viva they went off and played the US for six months before even one gig at 'home' - but then we did get three in London.

This time they've been playing festivals around the world for almost the same amount of time and we get...one.

(It's different from Canada, the US or any other country, because they - mostly - live here. They can take the tube to play a gig!)

God stop it, you sound so ignorant I feel like puking.

Are you serious? Coldplay has always and will always play a large amount of shows in the UK. It's actually almost hilarious that you could even make this thread, when some people (like me) have to go to a different country just to see them, or can't see them at all because the nearest show is 8 or more hours from where they live. Or even think about the people who live in countries that Coldplay still has never visited. I personally think they already favor the UK to other places, what more could you possibly want? A personal concert in your own backyard?

God, agreed.

And even if they don't come to the UK often enough for your taste, go to Paris or the Netherlands, it is much cheaper and easier for europeans to go from one country to another without it being too expensive (at least, compared to traveling inside of Canada, or Canada-USA).

I like in Mexico, and Coldplay or other bands (if they actually do a latin america tour) will only go to 3 states and they´re really far away.

Just think about that. While you have 6 or 7 places that are sort of far away, I have to cross the damn border you ASS.

Anette has spoken, everyone else's opinions are invalid. :nod:

Seriously, if you feel they don't come to your country enough, go to another one? It's a lot easier for the Europeans to do than the North Americans, Europe is a giant mess of countries with excellent public transportation.

No backyard ridiculousness asked for, or required - I think more than one or two shows in London every two years would make us happy (seeing as they live here and everything).

<edit> This is not about any other country. We all understand there are countries they've never visited and countries they never will, and I am sure wish all those folks had a chance to see them too. This is about them neglecting the UK considering they live here, come from here, and it's not far for them to travel to play here. And, in those terms, I think three gigs in two years in London is a joke.

I don't think a band should favor one area just because they're from that area. It's selfish to want that.

THAT. If that was true, we'd have our own American bands play here more often, but they're always trying to conquer Europe, and you end up seeing them more often.

3 gigs in a major city is a joke? Ok, how many gigs do you see up there on coldplay.com for NYC? That's right, none.

I'm not saying they should favour the UK because they're from here and live here. I'm saying they haven't, relatively, played enough dates here (especially compared to North America) for three years now.

THAT. If that was true, we'd have our own American bands play here more often, but they're always trying to conquer Europe, and you end up seeing them more often.

Ex: The Strokes, a band which is from NYC but, on their last tour, has only played one show there, one in Las Vegas, two or three other festivals in The U.S., nothing in Canada, but many more festivals across Europe.

I'm not saying they should favour the UK because they're from here and live here. I'm saying they haven't, relatively, played enough dates here (especially compared to North America) for three years now.

You can't compare the UK to North America because North America is FAR larger than the UK.

There have been three London shows in 2 years, and several more in other areas. In North America, there will be a little over 20 shows but that has to cover a vast amount of space.

Your argument just sounds childish.

4 gigs in England alone on this leg (3 in London and 1 in a place less than 2 hours from there)? What more could you possibly want? I LIVE in NJ and it's taking me an hour and a half to get to the Izod Center. The next closest gig from there is in Philly, another 2 and a half hours from home. And I have it easy compared to the people in NY state, or out midwest where gigs are far and few between. And you're complaining about 4 gigs close to you? Get over it.

Coldplay haven't played a single gig in NYC since 2008?

Oh, excuse me, they did a North American tour in 2009.

And no festivals in the area since, whereas, like you said, they played one in England this past festival leg. Plus countless interviews and talk shows where they played, plus TWO VIDEO SHOOTS AND A BOAT TRIP.

The main issue for me is the fact my mum refuses to let me go to a concert on my own, which I'd happily do and she says they're to expensive. I know I'll go when I'm older so for now I just have to accept it.

I think it's incredibly unfair to complain to people who have to travel hundreds, heck even thousands of miles to see a concert and spend probably five times as much on flights and hotels etc.