✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay don't tour the UK enough?

RC34127

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't compare the UK to North America because North America is FAR larger than the UK.

There have been three London shows in 2 years, and several more in other areas. In North America, there will be a little over 20 shows but that has to cover a vast amount of space.

Your argument just sounds childish.

There's been ONE London date in the last two years.

4 gigs in England alone on this leg (3 in London and 1 in a place less than 2 hours from there)? What more could you possibly want? I LIVE in NJ <snip>...

There's been ONE London gig. ONE.

The others were harder to get into (assuming you're also talking about Norwich) than Fort Knox, so they don't count.

How old are you? Do you have someone that will not take you so far away? Can you not get a bus? Is it so far away? Let me see the damn dates.

I am a carer for a disabled father and need to be home almost constantly for him. London is nearby and I can make it there for an evening occasionally, but unfortunately, despite Coldplay living there, they choose not to play there.

Oh, excuse me, they did a North American tour in 2009.

And no festivals in the area since, whereas, like you said, they played one in England this past festival leg. Plus countless interviews and talk shows where they played, plus TWO VIDEO SHOOTS AND A BOAT TRIP.

So they HAVE played NYC? That was the very point of my post - I was amazed to hear they (possibly) hadn't.

And they did not play any festival leg in London.

The others were harder to get into (assuming you're also talking about Norwich) than Fort Knox, so they don't count.

They SO count.

I don't know if you are aware of how fucking hard it is to get tickets to see Coldplay whenever they come, cause it's only a gig in two/three years with none close, so people throw themselves on the tickets.

And it's not because your own personal situation makes it hard for you to see Coldplay that it means they don't play there often enough.

They SO count.

I don't know if you are aware of how fucking hard it is to get tickets to see Coldplay whenever they come, cause it's only a gig in two/three years with none close, so people throw themselves on the tickets.

And it's not because your own personal situation makes it hard for you to see Coldplay that it means they don't play there often enough.

Sorry, no, they don't count. I fully sympathise, but we're talking about proper gigs here.

I am a carer for a disabled father and need to be home almost constantly for him. London is nearby and I can make it there for an evening occasionally, but unfortunately, despite Coldplay living there, they choose not to play there.

Wait wait wait wait. What happened to:

No backyard ridiculousness asked for, or required - I think more than one or two shows in London every two years would make us happy (seeing as they live here and everything).

<edit> This is not about any other country. We all understand there are countries they've never visited and countries they never will, and I am sure wish all those folks had a chance to see them too. This is about them neglecting the UK considering they live here, come from here, and it's not far for them to travel to play here. And, in those terms, I think three gigs in two years in London is a joke.

Do explain?

And besides, just because "they're hard to get into" doesn't discount them. Obviously people were there, hm? Otherwise there would have been no gig?

As much as I respect your personal situation, you can't expect Coldplay to play in London constantly simply because you can't make it anywhere else. There are sacrifices in life, and if it's between caring for your father or traveling to Coldplay it's your decision, and not the band's fault.

It is, but harder to get tickets.

Either way you still have to go to another country to see them. :|

The long lines, and the long line back. Yeah it´s not a piece of cake.

When I'm old enough Imma fly to Mexico and steal you away and then we'd go to a Coldplay concert :hug:

awe :blush: Omg we should seriously all go when we´re older to see them lol

So they HAVE played NYC? That was the very point of my post - I was amazed to hear they (possibly) hadn't.

And they did not play any festival leg in London.

OH MY GOD. You are just not getting it. You think going to see them on the Today Show is easier than going to see them in Norwich, which apparently now doesn't count? (TAKE IT OFF THE WIKI, PEOPLE)

There are millions of people in NYC to see one tiny stage. Yup, try getting a spot for that.

Sorry, no, they don't count. I fully sympathise, but we're talking about proper gigs here.

And those weren't 'proper' gigs? Those weren't opportunities to see them? No? Funny how the UK get these kinds of gigs, and the rest of the world don't. Hmmmm.

Wait wait wait wait. What happened to:

Do explain?

And besides, just because "they're hard to get into" doesn't discount them. Obviously people were there, hm? Otherwise there would have been no gig?

As much as I respect your personal situation, you can't expect Coldplay to play in London constantly simply because you can't make it anywhere else. There are sacrifices in life, and if it's between caring for your father or traveling to Coldplay it's your decision, and not the band's fault.

Happy to explain :) - I was initially counting back to September 2009, which is over two years, just to include the Wembley concerts. That seemed to cause confusion for some people, so I stopped, and simply counted two years.

There's been ONE gig in London in that time.

We're talking 'gigs' here - with tickets that the general public can buy. That doesn't count for Norwich, iTunes or Dingwalls. they played one gig in London and it sold out in less than three minutes. The touts made a killing (even probably more than the band or the promoter).

Please forget my father - I only mentioned him because someone questioned my own circumstances.

I am not asking for the band to 'constantly' play London (or is more than once in two years considered 'constant'?)

And those weren't 'proper' gigs? Those weren't opportunities to see them? No? Funny how the UK get these kinds of gigs, and the rest of the world don't. Hmmmm.

Oh do please shut up. How many gigs have Coldplay played 'in your backyard' EVER? That's right - once. And it was in North America (surprise, surprise).

Did you get a chance to go?

DUDE, GET IT YOU HAD LIKE 6 CHANCES AND I ONLY HAD NOTHING OKAY SHUT IT.

And don´t tell marie to shut up :angry:

Look, don't take out your frustrations on me - start your own thread (and I will support you in that!!)

This thread is about how the band have neglected the UK :)

But they haven't so this thread is void!

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. All you have to do is look at the statistics. If you think the U.K. is getting neglected by Coldplay, you are wrong, end of story.

So true

/end thread

Happy to explain :) - I was initially counting back to September 2009, which is over two years, just to include the Wembley concerts. That seemed to cause confusion for some people, so I stopped, and simply counted two years.

There's been ONE gig in London in that time.

We're talking 'gigs' here - with tickets that the general public can buy. That doesn't count for Norwich, iTunes or Dingwalls. they played one gig in London and it sold out in less than three minutes. The touts made a killing (even probably more than the band or the promoter).

Please forget my father - I only mentioned him because someone questioned my own circumstances.

I am not asking for the band to 'constantly' play London (or is more than once in two years considered 'constant'?)

You're complaining, and yet you had two fucking Wembley Stadium gigs. They're not even playing football stadiums here, I'm seeing them in an ice hockey arena. Those two Wembley gigs = about 3 or 4 arena dates.

And last time I checked, those three gigs' tickets were open to the general public. You just weren't fast enough/donating enough to get the tickets.

if you are on about the number of giggs they play in the UK then you might be right by saying that places like the US have more but you have to remember

1) its WAY bigger then the UK

2) they play arenas there where in the uk, yes they are arenas but they also playing stadiums where they could be playing to around 70,000 ppl per night! more people in the UK will be able to attend them because lets face it we dont have to travel as far as other people in different countries have to!

EDIT: would also like to point out that stadiums fit about about 5x more people then a stadium would (that was just a guess btw! dont hold me up on that)

Oh do please shut up. How many gigs have Coldplay played 'in your backyard' EVER? That's right - once. And it was in North America (surprise, surprise).

Did you get a chance to go?

DUDE, it was a contest, we don't get small gigs and stadium shows every two years here.

If you need to resort to telling me to shut up, you clearly don't know how to defend your 'opinion'.

And as Katie said, it is a fact, look at the statistics, sucks to be you if you can't go to all the shows they play in the UK, but they still play there more than enough compared to everywhere else in the world.

DUDE, GET IT YOU HAD LIKE 6 CHANCES AND I ONLY HAD NOTHING OKAY SHUT IT.

And don´t tell marie to shut up :angry:

:heart:

you people should stop complaining and think about the other countries where CP have concerts only every 2-3 years! They go to the UK and the US basically every year!

The one thing that annoys me is that they spent so much promo time in the US and the UK yet they then go straight back there after the Promo stage is over? how's that fair at all?

Just some numbers, feel free to manipulate the stats to suit your argument :D :p

Since the start of the Twisted Logic Tour in 2005

there have been this many gig dates (arenas/stadiums/just Coldplay shows):

North America (exc Canada) 135

2005 – 42 2006 – 29 2008 -30 2009 – 34

Canada 18

2005 – 3 2006 – 4 2008 – 5 2009 – 6

Central America 6

2007 – 2 2010 – 4

South America 13

2007 – 9 2010 – 4

UK 45

2005 – 12 2008 – 14 2009 – 16 2011 - 3

Ireland 4

2005 – 1 2008 - 2 2009 – 1

Europe 58

2005 – 29 2008 – 23 2011 - 6

Asia 15

2006- 6 2008 – 2 2009 – 7

Australasia 23

2006 -10 2009 -13

Africa 2

2011 - 2

there have been this many festivals:

North America (exc Canada) 5

2005 – 1 2009 – 1 2011 - 3

Canada 1

2009 – 1

South America 1

2011 - 1

UK 5

2005 - 1 2006 – 1 2011 – 3

Ireland 3

2008 – 2 2011 - 1

Europe 13

2009 -3 2011 - 10

Asia 2

2005 – 1 2011 - 1

Australasia 1

2011 – 1

and there have been this may extra curricular shows (tv/radio/charity/awards – inc ones where chris went on his own & the public weren’t invited)):

North America (exc Canada) 17

2005 – 4 2006 – 3 2008 – 5 2010 – 1 2011 – 4

Canada 1

2011 – 1

UK 25

2005 – 4 2006 – 4 2008 – 4 2009 – 7 2010 – 2 2011 - 4

Europe 10

2005 - 4 2008 – 2 2011 – 4

Australasia 1

2009 – 1

Just to say im a radiohead fan who lives in Sunderland. I have had to travel to most gigs as since I have seen then in 1994 in the north east they have been back once in 2003.

I just get use to once a band reaches a certain point I will have to travel to see gigs. Coldplay miss Newcastle out tours. I am sure the viva la vida tour (not counting crisis gig) did not come to the north east.

I understand its tough for people to fork out more cash but its just not possible to go everywhere.

I am shocked at no scotland gig but I expect a lot of scottish fans to come to Sunderland.

Now, consider the fact that there were 45 true gigs played in the UK during this span of time, as opposed to the 135 U.S. gigs, and that the UK is the size of ONE U.S. state. Now divide 135 by 50 states. It's clear that the UK does NOT get neglected.