✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[6-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA

Tash

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay - The Scientist - Live in Philadelphia 7/6/12 - YouTube[/url]

Haha. I love what Chris says at the end of The Scientist!

"I know Lady Gaga says she has the best fans, but shes's wrong, because we do!"

Legend!

indeed!!! :D

and this song is so beautiful especially in live with all the crowd singing together

Has anyone seen a video of Princess of China? I haven't but I wonder if there was a problem with the drum machine? It's featured heavily in Up in Flames and not in Trouble or Warning Sign. Seemed, based on the Trouble video, that the piano was fine, so maybe it was the drum machine that necessitated the change, since UIF was on the setlist.

I found this, it's the last bit of POC and then Chris starts rambling. I can't completely understand what he says but he mentions that Will is having some trouble with something.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WqNAWfAf1s[/ame]

I found this, it's the last bit of POC and then Chris starts rambling. I can't completely understand what he says but he mentions that Will is having some trouble with something.

they were having issues with the drum machine. i think they got it all sorted out after warning sign, because he asked if we'd rather them do a 'special' song or go on with the show as planned, which im assuming meant them playing up in flames

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-06%20at%2019.00.30.png

Panoramas: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia

7 July 2012 10:01 pm

Our pre-show crowd panorama shots from the two Philly shows

news_line.png

Good evening. Here are Roadie #42's marvellous pre-show panorama shots from the two shows at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. Click the pictures to see the hi-res version. And you can upload your pictures from the shows (and check out others') in our Live Archive.

FRIDAY 6 JULY

20120706Philly2Crowd_Small.jpg

THURSDAY 5 JULY

20120705-Philly1Crowd_Small.jpg

Click here for more summer 2012 crowd panoramas.

Anchorman

Coldplay - Trouble - Live at Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia PA 7/6/2012 - YouTube[/url]

what a perfect voice he has got.... :bomb:

I really hope that this isn't a one off and that they continue to bring back oldies like this... maybe this will be a new 'thing' that happens at every concert - the drum machine breaks and they play something else instead. I can just imagine it:

"Oh no, the drum machine has broken again, whatever will we do? OK let's play a song that hasn't been played since 1875, when we were all just 7, this song is called Sparks!"

:lol:

I really hope that this isn't a one off and that they continue to bring back oldies like this... maybe this will be a new 'thing' that happens at every concert - the drum machine breaks and they play something else instead. I can just imagine it:

"Oh no, the drum machine has broken again, whatever will we do? OK let's play a song that hasn't been played since 1875, when we were all just 7, this song is called Sparks!"

hahah yeah that wold be great :wacky:.... or let's play see you soon :wacky: :wacky:

:lol::lol::lol:
hahah yeah that wold be great :wacky:.... or let's play see you soon :wacky: :wacky:
YES THIS. SEE YOU SOON. I love it much, and I think it could fit in the setlist. Phil said he loves it too :awesome: (but he also said that he doubted Chris remembered how to play it..:disappointed: )

Coldplay dazzles with glitz, glows with its music

It’s a visual world for acts on a scale with Coldplay.

Eye candy was ubiquitous when England’s biggest band kicked off a two-night set at a sold-out Wells Fargo Center last week.

The band, which performed Thursday and Friday at the South Philly arena, played before five giant video screens.

Lights and lasers more than complemented what the band delivered. “Xylobands” were given to all of the concertgoers. The wireless treats lit up in a spectrum of colors at certain points of the evening.

And while the glitz was nice, it wasn’t the reason to venture to the arena.

You see, Coldplay’s melodic and often-moving songs stole the show.

Led by vocalist-pianist Chris Martin, Coldplay mixed songs from its latest album, the terrific “Mylo Xyloto,” with tunes from its preceding four releases.

Some of the new tunes are among Martin’s finest work. “Paradise,” the hit from the latest disc, is right up there with “Viva La Vida,” Coldplay’s smash.

Martin is hardly Bob Dylan when it comes to lyrics, but he does have a way with a melody.

Coldplay’s finest tunes, such as “Yellow,” “Clocks” and “The Scientist” are filled with hooks that get stuck in your head.

The band doesn’t have much more brawn live, but fans of well-constructed pop songs can’t help but groove to Coldplay live.

The band gives its audience what it wants — terrific pop tunes — and something extra: lots of visuals that are positively superfluous.

link

I have a video of 'Trouble', standing right behind Chris' back. Awesome seats. Were a present to my girlfriend who is a huge fan of the band. I only began to listen to them recently because of her. Quite taken by them.

I will note Chris does comment, "we're having a bit of trouble with Will's drum machine". Was glad we got to see something special and different from the norm. I'll try to upload the video to the Tube later.

We also got Chris' guitar pick! I'm glad it was a night she'll remember forever.

Enjoyed the show thoroughly, besides that one annoying concert-goer. Some female who thought she owned the place, bumping everyone and obnoxiously screaming at Chris to "PLAY A MESSAGE, A MESSAGE, A MESSAGE, PLAY A MESSAGE, A MESSAGE, PLAY A MESSAGE." during his entire piano set at the end of the stage.

I have a video of 'Trouble', standing right behind Chris' back. Awesome seats. Were a present to my girlfriend who is a huge fan of the band. I only began to listen to them recently because of her. Quite taken by them.

I will note Chris does comment, "we're having a bit of trouble with Will's drum machine". Was glad we got to see something special and different from the norm. I'll try to upload the video to the Tube later.

We also got Chris' guitar pick! I'm glad it was a night she'll remember forever.

Enjoyed the show thoroughly, besides that one annoying concert-goer. Some female who thought she owned the place, bumping everyone and obnoxiously screaming at Chris to "PLAY A MESSAGE, A MESSAGE, A MESSAGE, PLAY A MESSAGE, A MESSAGE, PLAY A MESSAGE." during his entire piano set at the end of the stage.

Can't wait to see your video :D

Coldplay: A night in paradise

4ffdf728510cc.image.jpg

On July 4, 2010, I told some friends about my love for Coldplay.

I remember it distinctly. There was a Coldplay marathon on the radio as we drove back from Philadelphia, and I told them about my complete obsession with its music and how much I wanted to see the band in concert.

Little did I know, exactly two years and one day later, I would do just that.

Coldplay performed at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia last Thursday and Friday, and if you didn’t go, you missed out. Big time. I’ve been to quite a few concerts — acts ranging from the Backstreet Boys to Bruce Springsteen to Dave Matthews. But no concert has proved equal to the performance Coldplay gave in Philadelphia last week.

I’ll admit I’m slightly biased. I’ve dreamed of seeing Coldplay in concert for three years.

My friend and I had been keeping a countdown to the Coldplay concert since Christmas. Hearing Chris Martin serenading us live was a highly anticipated event.

But for once, reality surpassed my imagination. After a solid performance by British band Wolf Gang and a ... well ... interesting performance by Swedish singer Robyn that left me utterly confused, Coldplay took the stage, opening with “Hurts Like Heaven,” a song from its newest album, “Mylo Xyloto.”

The crowd exploded with energy as soon as the band took the stage, with the special effects adding even more excitement. The wristbands each person received upon entering the arena, which were controlled by the lighting crew, enhanced the performance by illuminating the audience at particularly high-energy moments. Confetti fell onto the audience during the second song. Giant beach balls seemed to shoot up from the floor soon after. There were times when I literally stood frozen, in awe of the amount of energy that surrounded me.

After a spectacular two hours, Coldplay ended the night with the crowd-favorite “Fix You” and a more recent hit “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall.” However, “Viva La Vida” echoed through the corridors of the Wells Fargo Center as the crowd sung at the top of its lungs while leaving the show.

So I’ve crossed seeing Coldplay live off my bucket list. And if it wasn’t on your bucket list to begin with, put it at the top — right between skydiving and marrying Blake Shelton (yes, this also may be a bit biased).

Regardless of what else you want to do before you die, I promise you won’t regret experiencing Coldplay live.

It was truly a taste of (warning: if you’re not a Coldplay fan, you probably won’t understand this …) PARA-PARA-PARADISE!

link

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...