18 Speed Of Sound

19 Clocks

20 Fix You

21 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

-----------------

namerica.jpg

Extra North American dates added

16 December 2011 11:59 pm

Second nights in Philadelphia, DC, Boston, San Jose, Toronto, Montreal and East Rutherford

news_line.png

Good evening. Eight extra dates have now been added to Coldplay's North American tour - all of which are second nights at existing venues: San Jose on 28 April, Dallas on 23 June, Philadelphia on 6 July, Washington DC on 9 July, Toronto on 24 July, Montreal on 27 July, Boston on 30 July and East Rutherford on 4 August. See below for the full updated list of shows.

The AMEX pre-sale for all three shows begins at 10am (local time) today from here. The general sales for all the confirmed shows except LA and Chicago begin Saturday at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster and Livenation.

APRIL

17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome

20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

25 Seattle, WA KeyArena

27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

28 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose (extra date)

MAY

1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

JUNE

22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

23 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center (extra date)

25 Houston, TX Toyota Center

28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

JULY

2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena

5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center

6 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center (extra date)

8 Washington, DC Verizon Center

9 Washington, DC Verizon Center (extra date)

23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

24 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre (extra date)

26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre

27 Montreal, QC Bell Centre (extra date)

29 Boston, MA TD Garden

30 Boston, MA TD Garden (extra date)

AUGUST

3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center

4 East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center (extra date)

7 Chicago, IL United Center (On sale 19 Dec)

11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Anchorman

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My seats for the 6/22 show are nothing spectacular, but, it's my first Coldplay concert, so I'm not complaining. I'm looking for some great seats on StubHub, and one in particular - Floor Seats - are at a pretty reasonable price.

Is StubHub good to buy from? If so, I'm going to buy soon.

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone! I have often browsed on this forum over the years and not registered. I've been to every Coldplay concert in Dallas since my mother bought tickets as a graduation gift in 2006 for the X&Y tour. I'm really pumped about this tour and will be attending this concert with my wife and mother. I've been lurking around and sneak peaking this tour. I have found a few people who have waited in line hours before the doors open. Once they open they run to get a spot around the stage. Which in this case it would be sections 12, 14 and 10. Is there a special ticket to even step foot on the floor or if you have a ticket to get in the building and get in early enough you can find a nice spot around the stage? I haven't seen anyone mention that the spot they have is something they specifically paid for. It seems to be more of a matter of waiting in line and getting lucky.

Hopefully, someone here can provide further information.

ODgGF.jpg

I will be in section 114.

This is one for example. Granted it is the European tour. This guy had an awesome spot and this is his description from the video. "This is a compilation video I made with parts of video I took on the night after waiting 15 hours for front row alongside the X-Stage....was a horrible day of waiting but was SO worth it in the end. Made lots of new friends, found out how long I could possibly stand in one spot for and most of all got to see my favourite band right up close and personal. Brilliant!"

http://www.youtube.com/embed/GfbbDymOGz8

Hey Colin - you'll have a great time !!

These shows all have reserved seats as far as I know. Whatever seat is listed on your ticket,

that's the seat you will occupy. There's no General Admission spots here in the states unless otherwise specified for the show itself. Now in those big European stadiums it's different, you pretty much buy a ticket and sit anywhere you like (which is why the early birds get up front).

Coldplay brings us grandeur, wistfulness — and wristbands — to pair of American Airlines Center concerts

Coldplay likes the grandeur. Frontman Chris Martin is, after all, a piano-playing, drama-spewing wonder on the stage. The multi-million-selling British group’s sound is sweeping, enthralling and frequently wistful. So it’s no surprise that the band is giving away lighted wristbands to everybody that attends the shows on the current tour. Coldplay’s California-based publicist Ambrosia Healy has assured me that fans at both Dallas shows Friday and Saturday at American Airlines Center will get a wristband, as they are a “very special part of the band’s Mylo Xyloto tour,” she said.

But those wristbands have apparently become a costly tour perk for Coldplay. Martin has already admitted that most of the profits of the trek are going into manufacturing the wristbands, which he calls a “crucial part of the concert.” They are distributing upwards of 15,000 wristbands before each performance. And by the way, Martin will tell fans when those wristbands will be prominently used during the show.

So are you going to either of the two Coldplay concerts? If so, here’s what you need to know: There are two opening acts, Wolfgang at 7 p.m., and Robyn at 7:45 p.m. Coldplay takes the stage at 9 p.m. Tickets are $62.39-$124.40 via Ticketmaster. On the way to venue pop in your copy of Mylo Xyloto and bask in the hits “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall,” “Paradise” and “Princess of China,” which features Rihanna on guest vocals. It’ll be the perfect soundtrack.

link

So far on this tour they have been performing their acoustics on the X portion of the stage. I have not seen them use a C-Stage on this tour thus far. However, tonight is their first show back in the U.S. so they may have changed something. I just find it unlikely.

ODgGF.jpg