✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX, USA

Tash

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K. I need to eat, smoke, pee and chill my eyes for a while. I've literally read HUNDREDS of tweets about how this was a life-changing concert, or the best concert ever for fans. It just blows my mind and makes me SO proud of our boys!!:D Toronto can't come soon enough for me!!!!!!!!!

Just back from the show! Another amazing night, like everything that this band does, really. I don't think that tonight was better, since both nights were unbelievable. The boys are in great form and as I said yesterday, this show and tour will make history since it is a treat not to be missed. Finally met Angie (Texasluvsjonny), which felt like meeting one of the members of the band, she is a high class fan. The amount of stories she has is unbelievable, her knowledge of every single detail of touring and of course, she is the most nicest girl on earth, as any die-hard Coldplay fan would be. Wolf Gang did a great job again, I think they are to great things. I did not pay much attention to Robyn this time, but you can't deny she is a great dancer. As to the boys, I think EVERY SINGLE person left that arena COMPLETELY delighted. To me, the only song which can be changed in this setlist is Clocks. Time to bring back Politik, Amsterdam, or Lost. It is not going to be easy for any other artist around to top this show. Met Jason Regler, who is very nice, but also a very private chap, like any Englishman. He had the nice detail of giving me a setlist at the end of the show. Also met Miller, who was very nice, but as always in a hurry. Let me finish again with what I said yesterday. Do the IMPOSSIBLE, but please do not miss this show. If you do, you are going to regret it your whole life, since it is the most AMAZING show on the entire planet. We are fans of the BEST band in the whole PLANET right now, and I would go on to say that they will, without doubt, be the BEST band of this century. Cheers everybody! See you in Houston!

I feel so bad now, is been a rough year financially. I had to sell my two tickets this pass week :embarrassed:. Next time I won't miss them !

Sorry to hear that. That sucks! Well, next time will be amazing for you, I hope. In the same boat myself. My tix fell through, but I found one, so am going to Toronto alone,lol. Probably have to sell a bunch of stuff just to pay my way there!

WOW!:D

zntr4n.jpg

I'm outta here for the night. Hope everyone enjoyed the show, and hope you enjoyed all the tweets if you couldn't go to the show. You guys on here that keep these gig threads up to date are my heroes!! I didn't come close,lol. But still lots of goodness!:D

Night, all.:)

Just back from the show! Another amazing night, like everything that this band does, really. I don't think that tonight was better, since both nights were unbelievable. The boys are in great form and as I said yesterday, this show and tour will make history since it is treat not to be missed. Finally met Angie (Texasluvsjonny), which felt like meeting one of the members of the band, she is a high class fan. The amount of stories she has is unbelievable, her knowledge of every single detail of touring and of course, she is the most nicest girl on earth, as any die-hard Coldplay fan would be. Wolf Gang did a great job again, I think they are to great things. I did not pay much attention to Robyn this time, but you can't deny she is a great dancer. As to the boys, I think EVERY SINGLE person left that arena COMPLETELY delighted. It is not going to be easy for any other artist around to top this show. Met Jason Regler, who is very nice, but also a very private chap, like any Englishman. He had the nice detail of giving me a setlist at the end of the show. Also met Miller, who was very nice, but as always in a hurry. Let me finish again with what I said yesterday. Do the IMPOSSIBLE, but please do not miss this show. If you do, you are going to regret it your whole life, since it is the most AMAZING show on the entire planet. We are fans of the BEST band in the whole PLANET right now, and I would go on to say that they will without doubt be the BEST band of this century. Cheers everybody! See you in Houston!

:blush:

It was lovely meeting you as well.

Tonight was better and worse for different reasons.

First, Wolf Gang was again good.

Robyn....writes going to the bathroom music because that's what I did both nights. :laugh3: Maybe she thinks it a tribute to play a band's song in her set be me no likey. :angry: And bitch, that is Chrissy Martin's ramp, keep your ass off it! :angry:

Now the Coldplay. Better because I was far enough back to see all the lights and lasers and better sound mix. Was close to X stage. Better because Jonny wore his dancy green pants. :dazzled:

Worse because of idiots that choose to fight at shows. I was in the third seat from the aisle. The couple that sat in the seats next to me and the couple in front of them were douchebags! When the band came down to the X stage, people in the back came up in the aisle to take pics and stuff. They start screaming at them to "go sit down because we paid good money for these seats" then they start pushing and putting fingers in faces. I thought maybe the aisle people had tried to push their way into our row, but no they were just in the aisle. REALLY Dallas. Grow up. This happened during of all things Warning Sign. :angry: I told him thanks for ruining the most beautiful song on earth for me and my friend on the phone and oh yeah I paid good money for my ticket as well and didn't come here to listen to you act like a fool! Then he felt the need to keep apologizing. Just shut the fuck up OK! :angry: But of course that wasn't the end of it because then the guy in front of them had to have his turn at yelling. Then the person he yelled at came back with her BF and they all had another go round. Each time the AAC staff would come and do nothing. :rolleyes: Throw the idiots out please. Where the fuck is Jackie when she's needed!

Speaking of Miss JJ, I saw her again tonight. Then when I see that the band runs down the aisle right in front of where my original seat was yesterday night I got the feeling she moved me up front to prevent a Buckland attack! :angry: Probably only took my cell number to track me using my phone. :angry: Well played, Jackie, well played.

:P

Speaking of Miss JJ, I saw her again tonight. Then when I see that the band runs down the aisle right in front of where my original seat was yesterday night I got the feeling she moved me up front to prevent a Buckland attack! :angry: Probably only took my cell number to track me using my phone. :angry: Well played, Jackie, well played.

This comment has to be up for post of the year! Still laughing!

I feel so bad now, is been a rough year financially. I had to sell my two tickets this pass week :embarrassed:. Next time I won't miss them !

Really sorry to hear that. Hopefully good things are coming YOUR way.

I would not worry too much. They are already talking of LP6 and I am sure it will be even better. All the best for you!

:blush:

It was lovely meeting you as well.

Tonight was better and worse for different reasons.

First, Wolf Gang was again good.

Robyn....writes going to the bathroom music because that's what I did both nights. :laugh3: Maybe she thinks it a tribute to play a band's song in her set be me no likey. :angry: And bitch, that is Chrissy Martin's ramp, keep your ass off it! :angry:

Now the Coldplay. Better because I was far enough back to see all the lights and lasers and better sound mix. Was close to X stage. Better because Jonny wore his dancy green pants. :dazzled:

Worse because of idiots that choose to fight at shows. I was in the third seat from the aisle. The couple that sat in the seats next to me and the couple in front of them were douchebags! When the band came down to the X stage, people in the back came up in the aisle to take pics and stuff. They start screaming at them to "go sit down because we paid good money for these seats" then they start pushing and putting fingers in faces. I thought maybe the aisle people had tried to push their way into our row, but no they were just in the aisle. REALLY Dallas. Grow up. This happened during of all things Warning Sign. :angry: I told him thanks for ruining the most beautiful song on earth for me and my friend on the phone and oh yeah I paid good money for my ticket as well and didn't come here to listen to you act like a fool! Then he felt the need to keep apologizing. Just shut the fuck up OK! :angry: But of course that wasn't the end of it because then the guy in front of them had to have his turn at yelling. Then the person he yelled at came back with her BF and they all had another go round. Each time the AAC staff would come and do nothing. :rolleyes: Throw the idiots out please. Where the fuck is Jackie when she's needed!

This reminds me of the bullshit in Calgary...a fight in a private box that sent two people to hospital. Such a shame that douchebags even go to Coldplay's shows! I mean, we're all human, and we all get drunk and make mistakes, but their shows have always brought out the best in the people I've seen there. And yes...WARNING SIGN??? Who the f**k can find it in their hearts to fight during the sweetest song ever created?? :shocked2:

And I thought last night was great... Tonight was amazing. In my opinion the crowd tonight was better then last night's. Chris was very talkative tonight, more then usual. Chris commented that the singalong to the Scientist was one of the best they've ever heard. The boys were on point and so happy. Two comments Chris made that I loved "I know Lady Gaga says she has the best fans in the world but I think that's bullshit because we do. Don't tell her I said that though" and after a singalong "I wish I could kiss every single one of you" the xylobands never ceaze to amaze me, I'm always in such of awe of them. I overheard the guy behind me say before they got on stage that he was a casual Coldplay fan but during the show I kept hearing him gasp and say omg, this is the most amazing concert I've even been to. I love it when I see things like that. Coldplay never ceazes to amaze me everytime I see them and this show was no different.

I thought the sound was much better tonight. Maybe it was just because yesterday I sat up close and tonight I sat in the back, but the sound was much clearer and I could really hear Johnny's guitar soaring through the arena.

Another fabulous, energetic, entertaining, amazing performance by these guys. It's hard to believe the opening round of shows in Dallas has ended. To those of you attending the Houston shows next week, you're in for an incredible treat. Post your photos and videos and keep us all in the loop. Enjoy every second of it !! Have a blast !!

Setlist:

1 Mylo Xyloto

2 Hurts Like Heaven

3 In My Place

4 Major Minus

5 Lovers In Japan

6 The Scientist

7 Yellow

8 Violet Hill

9 God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

10 Princess Of China

11 Up In Flames