✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[8-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ United Center, Chicago, IL, USA

Ebs757

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Charitybuzz[/url] A

Wow this sounds great. Meet and greet with Coldplay + it goes towards a good cause! I wish I could afford this :P. Nonetheless, I am going to be watching this bid very closely. Maybe I will get lucky somehow lol. Anyone want to be in on this with me? I mean you only have to put up 1500 dollars!!!! :P

• 1 month later...

Lol thats great guys! Do any of you know if there'll be cabbies waiting outside the venue after the show? I'm trying to plan so my group can go home lol. Plus do any of you guys wanna like meet up somewhere before the show? Just as like a "Hello to other coldplayers on coldplaying" kinda thing? :D

Lol thats great guys! Do any of you know if there'll be cabbies waiting outside the venue after the show? I'm trying to plan so my group can go home lol. Plus do any of you guys wanna like meet up somewhere before the show? Just as like a "Hello to other coldplayers on coldplaying" kinda thing? :D

Well I doubt there will be cabs waiting outside the venue. You will have to take it upon yourself to actually call a taxi service to actually pick you up, and take you to your destination.

Haha Yeah that would be fun. Around what time did you have in mind?

I have never posted, just an avid reader, so please forgive any mistakes. I was wondering if anyone knew approximately what side the third stage is on, the right or the left side? I have two sets of tix (two of each) and want to use the best pair. (If I messed this up or violated some posting protocol, my apologies in advance. I think you guys are great!)

I have never posted, just an avid reader, so please forgive any mistakes. I was wondering if anyone knew approximately what side the third stage is on, the right or the left side? I have two sets of tix (two of each) and want to use the best pair. (If I messed this up or violated some posting protocol, my apologies in advance. I think you guys are great!)

Hey! Welcome to coldplaying first of all! and No there's no protocol, so you're fine :P

The 3rd stage? I'm gonna assume you're talking about the C-stage... so it's usually located in the back of the arena, opposite of the stage. From what I heard it's usually in the 100 or 200 levels. So you may wanna base your judgment from the seating chart.

No matter which pair you use though, you'll have a great time :D

388.mu.mu.pv.coldplay.jpg

Coldplay at United Center | Concert preview

Chris Martin and co. head up a triple bill taking cues from the club.

Like a weather vane, Coldplay’s career trajectory has shown us the way pop culture is pointing, but as a rock act it always seems to follow in the sonic footsteps of another do-gooder foursome. Then again, U2’s little cousin eventually had to grow up and find its own footing. Even if that means making light R&B.

The parallels to U2 are not a cheap shot. Observe the oeuvre: With its Edge-like riff, “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall” is only the latest in a string of singles bearing a deep debt to the Dubliners. Hiring their producer (Brian Eno) hasn’t clouded the mystery. And like Bono’s, Chris Martin’s charm and sincerity (even naïveté) have an undeniably musical way of tugging on the heartstrings despite the vocal limitations of both.

As when U2 unleashed “The Fly” more than 20 years ago, Coldplay has lassoed its fortunes to the rising club-music trend, ensuring we can’t escape it. Last year’s Mylo Xyloto may be an inferior album overburdened by doleful farewells, starved of euphoria and lyrically hokey, but it shores up the band’s place in the DJ playlist. Live, Martin and his mates sport splatter-painted pirate getups as their cathartic, mini epics challenge our cynicism. That’s not a bad thing.

Welsh act Marina & The Diamonds opens with a smart, baroque take on electro-pop that’s dying for radio play—or a stage musical. First up is U.K. singer and runway favorite Charli XCX, a more dubious proposition, wrapping Gaga grandiosity in gothy club tracks.

http://timeoutchicago.com/music-nightlife/music/15545646/coldplay-at-united-center-concert-preview

yes gates open at 6! come say hi to me! i will be volunteering with oxfam! it's always great to meet fellow coldplayers!

Yeah! Sure! Lol we'll guess who you are when you're volunteering :P

---------------------------------

Btw i think the venue opens at 5:30, so do you Coldplayers wanna just stroll by somewhere to say a quick hello at some point? :P

TUNES & TIX: Coldplay through the (un)danger zone (Chicago preview)

Here's a pop culture equation to consider: Coldplay is to rock music what a pre couch–jumping Tom Cruise is to movies.

In their respective fields — a pre–imploding Cruise at the box office, Coldpay at record store bins, on the download and onstage, — both reign supreme. Cruise–helmed films have made billions when tallied in total, and Coldplay sets, from 2002's "A Rush of Blood to the Head" to last year's "Mylo Xyloto," have moved millions and (for the bean counters) have been relied upon more than once to rescue the still–sagging music sales strata.

But while the masses and those who rely on the two titans to generate profits hold both in high regards, there are those who have long thumbed their noses at Cruise and Coldplay.

Cruise, it can be argued, has been making the same movie since his ascension to stardom nearly three decades ago with "Risky Business." While there are a few exceptions of note — 1999's "Magnolia" and 2008's "Tropic Thunder" come to mind — most successful Cruise films are based on the following premise: egotistical hot shot goes through major experience to come out a little wiser.

Chris Martin and his Coldplay cohorts have also reaped rewards from a continuous winning formula: take one part Pink Floyd, add a smidge of U2 and kick in a chunk of Radiohead in for good measure, occasionally give lip service to overlooked pioneers such as Can, and back up the Brinks truck.

With "Mylo" and its predecessor, the 2008 universal smash "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends," Coldplay attempted to shake their musical foundation by bringing in, a myriad of producers, most notably Brian Eno, the Roxy Music co–founder whose credits include pre–Coldplay forefathers U2, as well as Talking Heads, David Bowie.

Despite a few new sonic ruffles and interesting guest appearances (Rihanna is not the first person to come to mind when a Coldplay collabo is considered), the end result has proven the rock equivalent to Cruise's works with Stanley Kubrick in 1999's "Eyes Wide Shut." Despite their respective majestic backdrops, you're stuck with the same old schtick from your leads in the end.

Coldplay, Marina and the Diamonds, 7 p.m. Aug. 7–8, United Center, 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago. $49.50–$110. FYI: (312) 455–4500, UNITEDCENTER.COM

http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/columnists/tim-shellberg/tunes-tix-coldplay-through-the-un-danger-zone/article_26f5c3eb-a370-5900-a3ac-9ea8425ce69b.html

see you guys there. i'm gonna try to get to the venue early and leave during ETIAW. now that i know where the SUVs are parked ;)

Lol, see you there again Erick, and isn't it a crime to leave mid-song?!? :P

Coldplayers! Can't wait to run into you guys :P

(I can't believe I'm still awake