✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay for Christmas #1

kiwiboy527

This might seem a bit far fetched.. but with Paradise peaking at the #2 last week, it seems plausible that if we buy the song even once each, it would stand a good chance of a Christmas number one.

Some of you may not like it - i certainly do - but the point is to have a decent artist and #1 for once at Christmas! I don't want another crappy Xfactor #1.

C'MON!

I would do it if I thought it was a realistic possibility. But those fucking bastards Little Mix and Military Wives shit is all about money money money. All they deserve is kick up the arse!!!!

The Military Wives thing is for charity, grow up. Coldplay are the greatest band in the world regardless of chart position, and 2011 has been a great year for them. They don't need an icing on the cake. But for a choir to sell hundreds of thousands of records to support the British Legion is something actually quite commendable, so let them have that, yeah?

The Military Wives thing is for charity, grow up. Coldplay are the greatest band in the world regardless of chart position, and 2011 has been a great year for them. They don't need an icing on the cake. But for a choir to sell hundreds of thousands of records to support the British Legion is something actually quite commendable, so let them have that, yeah?

Excuse me??? It may well be for charity but the point I was making is that it is all a publicity stunt. They think it is acceptable and commendable by giving the money to charity. It is a smoke screen for PR, just like the X Factor!

In no way whatsoever was I discrediting what the armed forces are/have been doing as it is incredibly brave. But I dont understand why they can't raise the money in a more respectable manner.

"Respectable manner"? It's a single, not a nude photoshoot.

"Military Wives shit is all about money money money" - well yeah, they're, err, raising money for charity? They've actually had some say in the song, they've actually written it and it means something; music is about expression, and their song is expressive. I wouldn't listen to it, it's not my thing, but it's not a "publicity stunt", it's women wanting to do their other halves proud. The X Factor on the other hand is a conveyor belt of dross that churns out a puppet each year, that has no say in their album, doesn't write its music, and aims not for art or expression but to reach out to a teenage market.

The two aren't comparable. I'm just saying, if there's one year where the Christmas number one is actually fair enough, it's this year.

"Respectable manner"? It's a single, not a nude photoshoot.

"Military Wives shit is all about money money money" - well yeah, they're, err, raising money for charity? They've actually had some say in the song, they've actually written it and it means something; music is about expression, and their song is expressive. I wouldn't listen to it, it's not my thing, but it's not a "publicity stunt", it's women wanting to do their other halves proud. The X Factor on the other hand is a conveyor belt of dross that churns out a puppet each year, that has no say in their album, doesn't write its music, and aims not for art or expression but to reach out to a teenage market.

The two aren't comparable. I'm just saying, if there's one year where the Christmas number one is actually fair enough, it's this year.

Okay, I see your point. However, it is things like the X Factor that makes me believe they are all at it. Personally, I would much rather they got number one rather than the X Factor but there are other ways that they can make 'their other halves proud' other than fame. I'm sure their husbands won't love them any less if they did something else, why does it have to involve shoving it down everyone's throats. It seems like a gimick to me.