✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Toyota Center, Houston, TX, USA

Tash

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spacer.png

Don't know how to make it show up as a slide show here. Don't care much for Flickr, but oh well.

Here you go! :nice:

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/angie040404/sets/72157630309477064/show/]Coldplay Houston[/ame]

Thanks Tash

here are a couple of videos from last night.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcalADRxz4U&list=UUWPihsPUjMsxlP54Q2TGNLA&index=2&feature=plcp]GPASUYF - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5iCSBGrIhQ&list=UUWPihsPUjMsxlP54Q2TGNLA&index=1&feature=plcp]Warning Sign - YouTube[/ame]

Amazing...

I just had to come on here and post about how good a show Coldplay puts on.

I went to both shows this week. They were my 4th and 5th time to see the band play. The first time I saw them was nearly 7 years ago in the fall of '05 (wow didn't realize it had been that long). Since then I've seen them every time they've been in Houston. This show was seriously amazing.

The first time I saw them they were playing X&Y. The intro to that show was really neat. They had a countdown going on a big screen behind the stage. When it hit 0.00 Chris jumped out and they went right into Square One. To this day any time I hear that song it immediately brings me back to that moment.

Now, thanks to this show, I have a new moment. I will never hear MX/Hurts Like Heaven (and probably Charlie Brown) again without being brought back to the image of thousands of light bands filling and entire arena. That was seriously the coolest thing I've ever seen at a concert. I don't think I'll be able to go to another show again without thinking, why don't they have light up wrist bands like Coldplay this sucks.

If I had the time and resources to travel with the band to all their shows I would in a heartbeat. I could go to that show every night of the week. Truly brilliant. I can't wait till Coldplay is back in Houston. I'll be there without a doubt.

Thank you to everyone for posting such great photos/videos. And thank you to Coldplay for always giving us your best and putting on such an unbelievable show! Till next time...

That was my first time seeing Coldplay, and it was AMAZING! Definitely something I'll never forget.

562800_413106735397811_752980656_n.jpg

My mind was blown having front-row seats behind the stage. I'm pretty glad I went to this show instead of the first show, because on the banner they had hanging below us, there was still some confetti left on it from the previous show. I saw some on the ground, and I took a crap load of confetti. :D I'm giving my mom the heart-shaped one, because she's in the hospital. With those wristbands, it felt like the band actually reached out to me specifically... I'll post up some more pics later.

@katfitzwater

Did I mention that I was on the floor? ‪#coldplay‬

?size=l

Dude, I love you for this for two reasons:

1.) I am in the picture (I'm wearing the green shirt, directly above Chris Martin's head.)

2.) I'm in a picture with Coldplay that's legit! :D

Coldplay's Houston adventure attracts Gabby Giffords, Mark Kelly and the band's biggest fan

I admit I am a Coldplay groupie. Possibly the oldest Coldplay groupie living.

No, I don't wait outside the stage door or visit their famous recording studio, a former bakery in a working class section of London, but I do look at the concert schedule and will try to conjure ways my business trips could align with the band's appearances. Lucky me. I have seen them in Wembley Stadium, San Jose, Los Angeles and a couple of other places.

I was lucky enough to be at the open-air Hollywood Bowl last month when the band performed. An outdoor venue has pluses — an amazing fireworks display that couldn't happen in an indoor facility like Toyota Center, along with the expected light bands and confetti which only amped up the sensory experience.

But going to a concert alone is not the same as sharing it with friends.

I attended both Houston concerts. When someone asked me, "What did you get from Tuesday night that you could not get from Monday?" I replied, "It is a totally different experience. "

On Monday night, when I attended with my best friend, my seats were 20 rows up in the section closest to the band. From that vantage point, you can see the entire spectacle, all of the audience jumping in unison to the music, lights flashing from electronic wristbands, and both stages. You can also hear Chris Martin a little more clearly and notice the piano seemed a little tinny in spots.

Tuesday night my assistant landed floor seats on row 3 for a few clients and those in our office who were fans. The first thing that strikes you on the floor is the noise! It is much louder, harder to tell a mis-key. But the best part was having the band sing within three feet — a thrill all its own. And the light show that critics rave about is much more noticeable from the floor.

By the end of the second song there was so much confetti in our hair, chairs and floor that we looked like we had all gotten married. And goodness it is fun to sing the words of the songs at the top of our lungs as a group with wristbands and cameras flashing.

While standing in line I chatted up a source close to the group who said that Martin's wife, actress Gywneth Paltrow, did not attend the Houston gigs but that Chris's father, Anthony Martin, a retired accountant did. Perhaps that is why Chris Martin cleaned up his language in his Tuesday night performance. (On Monday night, he let the F-word slip a couple of times; his parents are known to hate off-color language.)

The insider also showed me a photo of Gabrielle Giffords and Mark Kelly, who were backstage for Monday night's concert. Giffords and Paltrow are related. Paltrow's late father, Bruce Paltrow, and Giffords' father, Spencer Giffords, were first cousins.

Unlike the nearly flawless performance Monday night, Chris and the boys had a couple of miscues on the quieter songs on Tuesday night. After flubbing the start of one song, Chris laughed and said, "Let's start that again. Please everyone I hope this doesn't show up on YouTube because people would think we were not professional musicians."

He laughed again when it happened again as the band launched into "Speed of Sound."The audience laughed and cheered his unpretentious explanation.

Afte the Monday show ended, concertgoers lingered at the Toyota Center savoring the experience. Not so on Tuesday. About 10 minutes after the concert ended, the ubiquitous security guards told us to move out because the set was being broken up. Indeed it was as the tour moves on.

Houston is a warm memory. But is anyone up for Thursday night in Tampa? Friday in Miami? I'm game if you are.

link