✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Toyota Center, Houston, TX, USA

Tash

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back. And that was it Texas, Mylo Xyloto Tour. Probably the best show of this year and probably of the decade. Florida get ready because the boys are in GREAT shape! Same set-list all over again, but it works so GOOD that you don't even notice. Everything goes so fast that it seems that two hours went by in merely fifteen minutes.

Chris fucked up twice and joked about it, requesting everybody not to upload the videos to YouTube (classic line). I think he needs to talk a little bit more and also to say different things in each concert, it is not that difficult. But who cares? I am in for the MUSIC, not to hear Chris talk. The show is so GOOD that you unconsciously try to find the downsides, because your brain cannot believe how good it is.

The Xylobands are the greatest invention ever (thank you Jason) and they will be MISSED very much when they are gone. It will never be the same without them! It you would ask me to highlight a single song, I would say that the best song of the set is God Put A Smile Upon Your Face or Don't Let It Break Your Heart. It is AMAZING what they did with GPASUYF. It is going to become a new favorite with this new version they are playing live. I have heard the song live recorded many many times, but believe me, to see it and hear live it is a whole different experience. Will is out of his cocoon.

It is sad they are not doing the encore, because I think that the crowd must earn to hear Clocks, Fix You and ETIAW, which was massive tonight. Other songs you will love are Paradise (which is a thousand times better live), obviously Charlie Brown and Yellow with the mellow intro is a true gem.

At the gates the security staff were saying that this was COLDPLAY's last concert in Texas since they were splitting up. I had to tell them: are you NUTS? When you hear how they have changed old songs and what has come out (Yellow, GPASUYF) you know that this band has so much to give us that it will be a long time before they truly gone.

I really enjoyed my days in Texas and for me the best show was Dallas on Saturday. Today was second best. Texas crowds are amazing and I really hope to be back one day to see another Coldplay concert here. Thanks for everything guys, take care and let's goooooo Tampa!!!!