✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Toyota Center, Houston, TX, USA

Tash

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show #41 done and dusted

We sat right next to stage and I have some awesome pics, just a s soon as photobucket wants to stop being ****s, I'll upload them.

Wolf Gang were again awesome. Robyn was again horrid. What opening act goes around using the band they are opening for closing song as their semi closing song. I just don't get her. She doesn't have an amazing voice, can't write songs. can't dance for shit and is no fucking looker so WTF people. How did she even get anywhere. I mean usually you need to have at least one of those going for you. :thinking:

Chris was so ready to go tonight. Hopping like a mad man before MX could even start. The band look so relaxed and like they are just having the time of their life. I think the would have fun even if no one showed up for the show. :lol:

The people in the crowd just get so lost into the show. Hard core fan, casual fan, people drug their against their will.....they all just go mad for it. :D

Before the show starts, during the final check by the roadies, the one that tests Chris' transmitter pack goes around the whole stage and makes sure that 1. we'll be able to hear Chris no matter where he roams and 2. there are NO pieces of confetti on the stage. He picked up, pushed off every single one he found. Which is crazy cuz in about 15 minutes, the entire stage will be buried under about 2" of the stuff. :P

I have said it before and I will say it again, Will Champions beats the living shit out of those drums!

The crowd didn't sound as loud to me tonight but I think that was just because of my location. Last night we were at the back on the floor and got a better mix from the crowd I think.

Next stop Washington DC. The tour rolls on..............

Wow! I mean WOW! Tonight was even better then last night! I love it when there are mess up or as Chris calls em fuck ups, but it just makes the concert that much more real! I went a little trigger happy with the camera tonight cough cough 744 pictures.. Sport mode is the best thing ever! So I finally got to see Robyn, yikes! Way to ruin a NASA t-shirt! There were a bunch of hispanics behind me totally singing along with her and going crazy! It was a bit bizarre!

So before any of the opening acts came out I was sitting in my chair when a roadie walked by and was about to head up the stairs, he turned and was talking to the attendant announcing that he was off to make 14 dreams come true with front row tickets. I think that is one of the most genuine things that the band does! They want the people who are in the nosebleeds to come down to the front because they are the ones who will appreciate it more then the corporate jerks. Just another of many reasons to add to my list of why this band is great.

I gotta say there are a lot of songs on MX that I don't like, but hearing them live makes them 10 times better! They were obviously written to be played live! GPASUYF was sick tonight! Will was kicking the trash out of his kit and the guys were wailing on their guitars! I really do enjoy the new version of speed of sound, it is great to hear theses songs in new lights.

Highlights of the night: Chris' Fuck ups, GPASUYF, and in my place.

To top it all off, I was walking past the sound both and I asked one of the nice men back there if they had any setlists and he smiled and handed me his. I was very grateful and told him how I appreciate their hard work to make the show incredible, he seemed very taken back.

I'll leave you with Will, because we're all working for Champion.

7452803510_d6f8b6414c_z.jpg

Will Champion by coldplay31, on Flickr

Wow! I mean WOW! Tonight was even better then last night! I love it when there are mess up or as Chris calls em fuck ups, but it just makes the concert that much more real! I went a little trigger happy with the camera tonight cough cough 744 pictures.. Sport mode is the best thing ever! So I finally got to see Robyn, yikes! Way to ruin a NASA t-shirt! There were a bunch of hispanics behind me totally singing along with her and going crazy! It was a bit bizarre!

So before any of the opening acts came out I was sitting in my chair when a roadie walked by and was about to head up the stairs, he turned and was talking to the attendant announcing that he was off to make 14 dreams come true with front row tickets. I think that is one of the most genuine things that the band does! They want the people who are in the nosebleeds to come down to the front because they are the ones who will appreciate it more then the corporate jerks. Just another of many reasons to add to my list of why this band is great.

I gotta say there are a lot of songs on MX that I don't like, but hearing them live makes them 10 times better! They were obviously written to be played live! GPASUYF was sick tonight! Will was kicking the trash out of his kit and the guys were wailing on their guitars! I really do enjoy the new version of speed of sound, it is great to hear theses songs in new lights.

Highlights of the night: Chris' Fuck ups, GPASUYF, and in my place.

To top it all off, I was walking past the sound both and I asked one of the nice men back there if they had any setlists and he smiled and handed me his. I was very grateful and told him how I appreciate their hard work to make the show incredible, he seemed very taken back.

I'll leave you with Will, because we're all working for Champion.

7452803510_d6f8b6414c_z.jpg

Will Champion by coldplay31, on Flickr

I've been playing with my camera with local bands trying to figure out what was best, and Sport seemed to be it, but thanks for confirming that! I want to be able to bring home a ton of pics from Toronto that are half-decent, and I'm a crappy photographer,lol.

And obviously, thanks for the great review!:D