✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC, USA

Tash

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this show was probably one of the best nights in my life, and i have one the setlists one of the roadies used, about 3 gallon bags full of confetti, $100 worth of merch, and a part of the balloons during Lovers In Japan to prove it.

it was funny how i got the setlist.. i was kinda helping the roadies with confetti clean up LOL and this guy came up and said "Here you guys go, i have an extra setlist" lets just say i about DIED. tumblr_m704t9sn9R1rnzn08o1_500.jpg

I've seen a number of videos linked from this concert now and while the audio quality of each is from average to poor, I found that I could actually hear a much more balanced mix of the instruments in them than I was able hear in person. I sat in section 102, right below the upper mezzanine. I don't know whether it was the arena acoustics or the live audio mix, but the percussion and bass dominated everything to the point where it was difficult to hear a lot of the vocals and guitars... especially Chris' acoustic guitar when he was playing rhythm.

Did anyone else experience this "boomy" percussion and bass "live" mix as me? Just curious... I would have gotten a lot more out of the concert if I had been able to experience the full spectrum of the band :inquisitive:

I've seen a number of videos linked from this concert now and while the audio quality of each is from average to poor, I found that I could actually hear a much more balanced mix of the instruments in them than I was able hear in person. I sat in section 102, right below the upper mezzanine. I don't know whether it was the arena acoustics or the live audio mix, but the percussion and bass dominated everything to the point where it was difficult to hear a lot of the vocals and guitars... especially Chris' acoustic guitar when he was playing rhythm.

Did anyone else experience this "boomy" percussion and bass "live" mix as me? Just curious... I would have gotten a lot more out of the concert if I had been able to experience the full spectrum of the band :inquisitive:

yeah, i took video of IMP and i was in 4th row, and the bass and drums are louder than usual....i wonder if it was like that at ATL or Philly

yeah, i took video of IMP and i was in 4th row, and the bass and drums are louder than usual....i wonder if it was like that at ATL or Philly

Thanks for confirming that chrismartin_536894. I was wondering if it was due to the acoustics of the arena and was perhaps localized to where I was sitting. You and I were in very different areas if you were in the 4th row. I'm really surprised that a show that has the degree of professionalism that it obviously takes to put on a Coldplay concert would have a mix of this caliber. I enjoyed the concert as it was, but I would have gotten even more out of it if I'd been able to hear it in a proper balance.

• 1 month later...

Artists: Coldplay, Robyn, Wolf Gang

Facility: Time Warner Cable Arena

City/State: Charlotte, N.C.

Date: July 3, 2012

Gross Revenue: $1,230,556

Attendance: 15,509

Capacity: 15,509

Sellouts: 1

Number of Shows for Reporting: 1

Ticket prices: $99.50, $29.50

Promoters: Live Nation

Finally got the boxscores and Coldplay and Co. have finally released their take for the night. Don't know if folks care about that stuff, but since I went, thought it was cool to see how they did in good ol'e Charlotte. They pretty much took the Top 20 spots this week on the boxscore due to them finally releasing some numbers from the past 3 months.

Don't harp on me about the ticket prices, this is just what is reported. I know... I paid for mine too.

Great to see. Enjoy & Cheers!