15 Charlie Brown

16 Paradise

17 Us Against The World

18 Speed Of Sound

19 Clocks

20 Georgia On My Mind/Fix You

21 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

-----------------

New show added at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, NC on 3 July - tickets on sale 21 Jan. cldp.ly/cpshows A

link

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you look at that!

New show added at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, NC on 3 July - tickets on sale 21 Jan. cldp.ly/cpshows

Oh my!! Who's buying tickets?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo]Look At This Car!! - YouTube[/ame]

:laugh3: Yeah yeah caught me quite excited. This is one of those concerts i can actually go to. Any idea on price range for tickets? I know they're different prices and i'll find out on Jan 21st but still wondering.

They haven't added this date yet on the ticketmaster website

Tickets

Onsale to General Public

Start: Sat, 01/21/12 10:00 AM EST

American Express

Start: Mon, 01/16/12 10:00 AM EST

End: Fri, 01/20/12 10:00 PM EST

American Express VIP Packages

Start: Mon, 01/16/12 10:00 AM EST

End: Thu, 01/19/12 10:00 PM EST

LN / Radio / Venue Presales

Start: Fri, 01/20/12 10:00 AM EST

End: Fri, 01/20/12 10:00 PM EST

VIP Packages

Start: Sat, 01/21/12 10:00 AM EST

End: Sun, 06/03/12 10:00 PM EDT

Price Range

US $49.50 - US $99.50 (with fees: US $60.20 - US $114.60)

UNBELIEVABLE!!! :D :D :D

I was not expecting this yet. I figured that we would definitely have to wait until at least the end of the year. It may not be here in Raleigh... but it's in NC, and that's all that matters. I'm glad they're finally doing an indoor show in my state for the first time ever... I've always wondered what it would be like to hear them in a closed environment. THIS SHALL BE AN EPIC FOURTH OF JULY HOLIDAY!!! :D

Heck yeah![/color][/u][/i][/b]:lock:

And could someone tell me the difference between AE and AE VIP Packages? Are the AE VIP Packages the same as the other VIPs, but they just go on sale earlier?

yeah the tickets are the same, for the AE tickets you have to have an amex card to buy them

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This will be my 2nd Coldplay show, can't wait for July 3rd!

I got tickets from Stubhub and they look legit but I noticed that the word "SINGER" appears toward the top of the ticket right beside the seat number. I found this strange because I've never seen this on a Ticketmaster ticket before. It usually just says "ADULT" right there. Does anyone else have this on their ticket or know what it means?

This will be my 2nd Coldplay show, can't wait for July 3rd!

I got tickets from Stubhub and they look legit but I noticed that the word "SINGER" appears toward the top of the ticket right beside the seat number. I found this strange because I've never seen this on a Ticketmaster ticket before. It usually just says "ADULT" right there. Does anyone else have this on their ticket or know what it means?

all my tickets for any show i go to i get off of ticketmaster, if you got 'em from a ticket broker they might be a fake (i know its depressing) and if you got seats on the floor, you have to pick up your tickets at will call, they wouldnt send them to you. I would contact stubhub and talk to them, but other than that i cant really help. Hope you get them figured out!

• 5 weeks later...

Why we still love Coldplay

RXkw2.Em.138.jpeg

Coldplay’s rise as one of the world’s biggest and arguably best pop-rock acts wasn’t meteoric. Sure, the guys had a breakout hit with 2000’s “Yellow,” and landed in the Top 40 with songs like “Clocks,” “Speed of Sound” and “Violet Hill.” It wasn’t until 2008’s “Vida La Vida,” though, that the band scored a No. 1 song on Billboard’s Hot 100.

Yet 12 years, seven Grammys and five albums after “Yellow,” Coldplay’s place in music is solid.

Here are eight things that have helped the British rock band – which performs at Time Warner Cable Arena on Tuesday – to become so successful.

Consistency: Fans know what to expect. More electronic touches and a guest appearance by Rihanna may have been a bit of a departure, but its latest album, “Mylo Xyloto,” still sounds like Coldplay – echoing guitars, Chris Martin’s vocals, pop hooks, and dynamics.

Credibility: You really can’t get more mainstream. Yet it’s still not a crime in indie circles to be a Coldplay fan. The Londoners remain cool enough to headline a festival like Coachella while finding continued chart success on both the Hot 100 and the alternative singles charts.

Affability: They’re just likeable guys. Martin, despite his celebrity, still appears down-to-earth and fun on shows like “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” and “Saturday Night Live.”

Low drama: Reality TV fans thrive on drama, but music fans just want more music – meaning we want our favorite bands’ members to get along already. The guys in Coldplay – like the guys in U2, or Foo Fighters – seem like they’re genuinely friends who set egos aside.

Influence: You’ll hear similarly grand rock songs and emotive vocals emanating from hometown acts like Flagship, Public Radio, Sugar Glyder, and S.O. Stereo. Charlotte even has a (really good) Coldplay tribute band called 42.

Will Champion: Martin may get all the attention, but the band’s drummer lives up to his name as its live secret weapon. The multi-instrumentalist’s charisma, charm and chops radiate from the stage – he looks like he’s having the time of his life night after night.

Opening acts: From Los Angeles indie darling Rilo Kiley in 2005 to U.K. music stars Elbow in 2009 to Swedish dance-pop sensation Robyn (who opens Tuesday’s concert), Coldplay has a reputation for turning its fans on to supports acts that are well worth investigating further.

Live: Similar to U2, Coldplay’s greatest strength is the ability to create shows that draw fans in on a spiritual level. Shows have an atmosphere that is practically revival-like – sort of a religious experience without the religion.

link

This will be my first Coldplay concert. My wife and I are going with our daughter and son-in-law. I gradually warmed up to Coldplay after hearing Clocks on the radio in 2003/2004. I didn't know who it was, but I knew that I liked it... kinda reminded me of a cross between U2 and Bruce Hornsby and the Range, at that time. Oddly, it wasn't until X&Y came out in 2005 that I really sat up and paid attention. Since then, Clocks has been solidified as my #1 favorite song of all time.

Anyway, I just about feel like I'm too old to go to a Coldplay concert, but I look at some of their live videos and I see folks who are easily ten years older than me. I swear though, I feel like a teenager when I see some of their live videos. We have Live in Sydney 2003 and it's one of the best live concert videos I've ever seen. The version of Clocks and Moses they do on that DVD are absolutely exquisite!

I'm eager to see them in concert, but I've got to be honest... they seem to be getting further and further away from being faithful to their older songs. The way they end Clocks now sounds like they bail out on it early and it's sort of antimclimactic. Then again, I like just about every song off Mylo Xyloto better live than off the studio album. Therefore, I'm keeping an open mind about tomorrow's concert, realizing that videos can't come close to conveying the enormity and presence of the live event! :happy2:

This will be my first Coldplay concert. My wife and I are going with our daughter and son-in-law. I gradually warmed up to Coldplay after hearing Clocks on the radio in 2003/2004. I didn't know who it was, but I knew that I liked it... kinda reminded me of a cross between U2 and Bruce Hornsby and the Range, at that time. Oddly, it wasn't until X&Y came out in 2005 that I really sat up and paid attention. Since then, Clocks has been solidified as my #1 favorite song of all time.

Anyway, I just about feel like I'm too old to go to a Coldplay concert, but I look at some of their live videos and I see folks who are easily ten years older than me. I swear though, I feel like a teenager when I see some of their live videos. We have Live in Sydney 2003 and it's one of the best live concert videos I've ever seen. The version of Clocks and Moses they do on that DVD are absolutely exquisite!

I'm eager to see them in concert, but I've got to be honest... they seem to be getting further and further away from being faithful to their older songs. The way they end Clocks now sounds like the bail out on it early and it's sort of antimclimactic. Then again, I like just about every song off Mylo Xyloto better live than off the studio album. Therefore, I'm keeping an open mind about tomorrow's concert, realizing that videos can't come close to conveying the enormity and presence of the live event! :happy2:

Hi there!

I really do see where you're coming from. I love the raw emotion in some of their older albums and performances. But at the same time, I feel like tomorrow night will be a whole new experience none of us have experienced before. Like the Observer said, I have a feeling it will be a very spiritual concert. During the MX era, I believe it's all about connections and bringing everyone together, and Coldplay is really going to pull that off tomorrow.

Hi there!

I really do see where you're coming from. I love the raw emotion in some of their older albums and performances. But at the same time, I feel like tomorrow night will be a whole new experience none of us have experienced before. Like the Observer said, I have a feeling it will be a very spiritual concert. During the MX era, I believe it's all about connections and bringing everyone together, and Coldplay is really going to pull that off tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply erynf... I just saw some of the videos posted from their Dallas and Houston performances. While they were all lacking in capturing the video dynamic, I did get a sense of the holistic, spiritual nature of the concerts. I'm always paranoid that Coldplay is going to get lost in gimmickry and get overly lush with their use of backing tracks. Honestly, I don't like the inclusion of backing vocal tracks in Hurts Live Heaven live, but I still think the live version of the song has a much broader dynamic than the studio version.

I have a hunch that I'm in for a surprise tomorrow night. We'll be sitting on the left side of the stage at what would amount to about center court, in the lower rows of the upper deck. I'm not sure how much presence we'll get there, but these lads seem to have a way of making everyone in the arena feel "included" :)

Setlist appears to be same at every stop. The boys should be playing classics like Warning Sign and Speed of Sound. As always, Clocks, Yellow, Fix You, The Scientist, and others will be played. Looking forward to one hell of a show tomorrow night