✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC, USA

Tash

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see it better in the full screen mode. Despite what the girl's husband has said... it looks like a kiss to me. I mean he leans in and appears to touch her cheek with his lips. Maybe it was just a brush or a peck. lol

Okay, I downloaded the video using Realplayer and watched it in full screen. The frame skipping problem I was having when streaming the You Tube video is now gone. I do see the critical frames in question around the 3:08 mark. It does *appear* that he might have pecked or on the cheek, but based on what her husband tweeted me in response, I'd say it was more of low altitude photobombing...

I haven't posted here in so long and I have an embarrassing middle school username but this has to go here.

I got upgraded to front row and Will threw me and my friend his drumsticks! I can't even believe that it really happened, I just... wow. It was absolutely amazing!

A better version of the story is here for anyone who wants to read it:

http://postcardsfromprospekt.tumblr.com/post/26537169546/my-concert-story

I haven't posted here in so long and I have an embarrassing middle school username but this has to go here.

I got upgraded to front row and Will threw me and my friend his drumsticks! I can't even believe that it really happened, I just... wow. It was absolutely amazing!

A better version of the story is here for anyone who wants to read it:

http://postcardsfromprospekt.tumblr.com/post/26537169546/my-concert-story

Very cool story! Coldplay's ticket upgrade process was something with which I was unfamiliar. I had heard mention of it here and there, but never really looked into what it fully meant until seeing your mention of it related to the Charlotte concert. I bet it's a night you'll never forget... thanks for sharing it with us!

Feel free to register and update it yourself as you see fit!:)

Thanks... I went there and discovered that I was already registered. I made some edits to my review and it now gives the appearance that I at least may have passed 9th grade English Grammar and Composition :laugh3:

That is such a cool story!!! How early did you get there to get upgraded? I have similar seats for the Detroit Show!

I didn't even get there early! It was a three hour drive and I had to wait for the people I was going with to get off work, so I didn't get there until around 7:20. At first I was upset because I wanted to be there all day, but it worked out perfectly! Good luck to you, and I hope that no matter where you end up sitting that it's amazing! :thumbsup:

Oh, one other comedic moment from last night... how about when Chris was trying to localize the lyrics in God Put a Smile Upon Your Face, and he sang (loosely paraphrasing) "20,000 North Carolinan's gathered in one place"... then he pauses and reflects - "I'm not sure that's the proper collective for Carolina... pretty sure it's not" :laugh3: Priceless:D

I just LOVE IT when he does stuff like this !!!!!

Just a quick story from the show. 1st, it was an amazing concert. Top to bottom, they know how to put on a good show. 2nd, just for those that go to other concerts, in order to get those tickets, you must be on the backrow, and close to the back row doesn't count.

I got passed over twice. Knowing their routine, two crew members walked right by me and my wife (stepping on her foot twice) who were in the nosebleeds, but not quite far enough back. I even stopped one and told him that I thought it was pretty cool for them to do what they do by giving the true fans the seats up front. My wife and I have always been huge fans and I wanted something special since my wife and I are expecting. Thought it would be a great for 'lil squirt' to hear the boys up front. But alas, still glad that those that got them, got great seats and hopefully had the time of their lives.

Since CM and the family are still in NC for the next few weeks, maybe we will see them again. Great show and good enough for inspiration to pound out 3 original songs when I got home, the adrenaline was going so much. One day...

I got passed over twice. Knowing their routine, two crew members walked right by me and my wife (stepping on her foot twice) who were in the nosebleeds, but not quite far enough back.

As I said earlier in this thread, this "upgrading tickets" routine is totally foreign to me. I didn't really understand what people actually meant by it when using the term until the day after we attended the concert. My group was sitting on the top row of the lower mezzanine, in section 102. I don't think the upgrade scouts passed through our area, but I would have liked to watched their MO. I'm curious as to what sort of marching orders they're given when they are dispatched to do their mission?

I wouldn't know what official Coldplay "crew" attire would look like if I saw it.... what were they wearing?

I keep hoping that someone captured GPaSUYF on video and will upload it to You Tube. I want to see and hear exactly how it went down.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N0j7wuO7Gw[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRGoPTy__Jk[/ame]

As I said earlier in this thread, this "upgrading tickets" routine is totally foreign to me. I didn't really understand what people actually meant by it when using the term until the day after we attended the concert. My group was sitting on the top row of the lower mezzanine, in section 102. I don't think the upgrade scouts passed through our area, but I would have liked to watched their MO. I'm curious as to what sort of marching orders they're given when they are dispatched to do their mission?

I wouldn't know what official Coldplay "crew" attire would look like if I saw it.... what were they wearing?

Bruce Springsteen has been upgrading fans for 20 years! Did you read Roadie 42s latest blog on www.coldplay.com?

Mucho thanko Tash... your omniscience of all things Coldplay is amazing! My recollection of that event was not complete. I thought he started the song off with "Where do we go to draw the line?" I think that's the longest I've ever seen Chris Martin go explaining a verbal gaff :)

Bruce Springsteen has been upgrading fans for 20 years! Did you read Roadie 42s latest blog on http://www.coldplay.com?

I wasn't aware of Springsteen's practice with this either. Not really a Springsteen fan, so I really didn't pay enough attention to have noticed.

I have not read Roadie 42's blog, but I'll do so now that you've mentioned it... thanks !

Mucho thanko Tash... your omniscience of all things Coldplay is amazing! My recollection of that event was not complete. I thought he started the song off with "Where do we go to draw the line?" I think that's the longest I've ever seen Chris Martin go explaining a verbal gaff :)

:nice:

The crew looked like everyone else. The one give away, which after reading, they may do away with is the 'pass' you see dangling from their pocket, around their neck, etc... It looks like a VIP pass, but after seeing them, you can just kind of spot them out. After the 1st went by, we knew who to look for, so by the 2nd time, we jumped on the chance knowing they don't hit everyone from every 'nosebleed' section.

That one bloke also was holding them in his hands fairly obviously. What a treat it would have been so if you got them, you better have had the time of your life. I know we did, and we weren't close at all.

On Tuesday morning we rushed back to Charlotte to get home in time for the Coldplay concert. I had gotten Kevin tickets for his birthday back in February and y'all he was so cute. He was SO excited about this concert! I loved seeing him so happy!

I was lucky enough to get our company box tickets for us and our friends Jenn and David. They are huge Coldplay fans too. The seats were actually perfect.

When we entered the arena, they gave us these wrist bands that lit up by some electronic signal or something. I'm sure my Dad could tell me. But it was so cool. Look at them all....they flashed and went along with the music. Very nice touch.

To be honest, I didn't think I knew a single Coldplay song but I did recognize a few.

And to be honest, the concert was so good that even if you hated Coldplay, you still would have enjoyed the show. I was really impressed.

But I still like my country music!

These guys and mostly Chris Martin just put so much emotion and passion into their music. It was pretty amazing.

http://anniesadventures16.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/coldplay-concert.html

Since CM and the family are still in NC for the next few weeks, maybe we will see them again. Great show and good enough for inspiration to pound out 3 original songs when I got home, the adrenaline was going so much. One day...

Where did you hear this? I highly doubt that is possible since they are still touring...

I know this for a few reasons.

1. His wife is currently in state in Wilmington and Cary with Mr. Downey Jr. filming the new Iron Man 3 movie. So that makes it plausible.

2. My boss has a home on the same exclusive island where his son ran into Mr. CM and family, spoke to, got pics, sigs, etc... so that's good enough for me. It seems he is flying in and out of the area while on the east coast tour.

There is an even funnier story about Downey Jr. in the same area, but I guess that's for another thread/time. Cheers!

I know this for a few reasons.

1. His wife is currently in state in Wilmington and Cary with Mr. Downey Jr. filming the new Iron Man 3 movie. So that makes it plausible.

2. My boss has a home on the same exclusive island where his son ran into Mr. CM and family, spoke to, got pics, sigs, etc... so that's good enough for me. It seems he is flying in and out of the area while on the east coast tour.

There is an even funnier story about Downey Jr. in the same area, but I guess that's for another thread/time. Cheers!

How exciting! Thanks for sharing this info.