✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay - Lukas (Guitar Chords needed!)

Hubie

Hi dudes,

I really like this song (just found it a few months ago on youtube) and now after my university test I again spend a lot of time on learning the guitar. I would appreciate it alot if anyone could make up what the chords are for this song! Found nothing but one or two requests on other sites for these chords. The song sounds great (even though Natalie Imbruglia got the song for her Album in 2009)!

Videos: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE1g0J5f49I]Coldplay - Lukas (Excellent Audio) - YouTube[/ame] (with faint noises of chris' voice in the background)

or the album version from natalie imbruglia:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T51dATOGkk]Natalie Imbruglia - Lukas - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for reading so far, greets, hubie!

kaka1991 is right about the verse chords, except they were written "upside down" in the tab :).

The chorus is a bit trickier, but I'll come with a suggestion below.

Playing it Chris Martin style with the thumb on the low E string is recommended.

So the chords are

B   C#m   A   G#m   E    F#
e|----0----0----0----0----0----0
B|----0----0----0----0----0----0
G|----8----9----6----4----1----3
D|----9---11----7----6----2----4
A|----9---11----7----6----2----4
E|----7----9----5----4----0----2

Intro/Verse:

B C#m A A

A C#m B B

Chorus/Outro:

G#m A E F#

Bridge:

F# F# B E

THank you VERY much, I will try them out when I come home from work... without having heard them, it would be great if someone, or perhaps you, would come up with the correct verse (perhaps its already correct ;) ). I prefer the "thumb on low e string" style at all because I still find the barré a bit tricky...

the verse is great, thank you very much, still theb bridge and the chorus sound a bit odd to me (too low? dunno), perhaps its because I dont play it in the right tune, but what makes these high notes in the chorus in the orginal song? Sounds better to me, well - lets see how it plays out after more training :D

the verse is great, thank you very much, still theb bridge and the chorus sound a bit odd to me (too low? dunno), perhaps its because I dont play it in the right tune, but what makes these high notes in the chorus in the orginal song? Sounds better to me, well - lets see how it plays out after more training :D

Nice tune that mate, never heard that before, sorry i cant help, i dont have my guitars with me at the moment.

probably correct with those chords using the thumb, best way to avoid barre chords too as they sound nice. Once you learn Barre chords you wont at least need to avoid them but they make chords sound boring.

I always use a thumb when doing barre chords these days.

take care

haha, nice to hear that with the barre. I played this song too often today, my thumb is raw, had to fix it with some salve, but worse, I wont be able to play it for a few days I guess :lol:

yep you take a rest and let those musical wounds heal

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yeah.

there are at least two guitars playing simultaneously, for one, so if something sounds too low, like the Emaj chord in the chorus, it doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong (it's definitely not wrong), there are just other instruments in the arrangement playing the same notes at higher octaves. I'll just Tell you how I play it. Briefly. There are two guitars (i'm talking about the version that sounds like chris was writing it rather than the Natalie Imbruglia album version) and you can hear when the second one comes in that even though it's playing similar chords, there are open strings that sound like they're tuned differently. I just play it (or prefer to play it) with the high e tuned down to C#. Let the b string and detuned high e string ring open for each chord. For the verses from from Badd9 (7-9-9-8-0-0) to C#min (9-11-11-9-0-0) to A (5-7-7-6-0-0) then C#min then back to B. When you start the chord sequence the second time, you can put your index finger down on the b string 7th fret. and for the chorus. G#min add 11 (4-6-6-4-0-0) then F#sus2 (2-4-4-3-0-0) (or regular F# wight eh 2nd string 2nd fret covered) and then E6 (0-2-2-1-0-0) the back to F# and G#min. Should sound good. Can't replicate the exact sound of the instrumentation on the song because it's more than a guitar or two