✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

bass

twin4life

i wanted to too..but then not...and then..i found me drums. and mmm drums are mighty sweet in the ass.

ooohh drums.

i went to cosmo music just before (my brother needed new guitar strings) and i was attempting to play a bass. but it wasn't plugged in.

i want to try and play it some more when it's plugged in.

when you start playing a musical instrument, it doesn't really matter which instrument is "hard" to play and which one isn't. if you haven't played anything before, they're all hard.

what matters is how much time and effort you're willing to put into it, and how much natural musical talent you have, because some people will simply never be good musicians.

as far as the bass is concerned: your fingers WILL hurt a lot when you first start, but don't let that stop you, because that stops after awhile, unless you play for 4 straight hours at a club, as i have before. :rolleyes:

and if you're wondering what credentials i have to talk about it, i can play bass, guitar, piano, drums, saxophone, and harmonica, and i can noodle around on banjo and mandolin (which means that i suck at them but i could play something given enough time), so i have experience with picking up new instruments. :P

Guitar is definately harder than the bass, but the guitar (in my opinion) is more rewarding in the end because you can actually play a song that people will notice. It took me a year to learn how to play guitar and i could play the bass after my second time of picking one up.

i know some people here play bass guitar and i was just wondering about it. i was thinking of going to a music store first to try them out to see how i like it. if i like it i might rent one. then mabe buy one.

my brother said it's hard to play a bass. do you think i should try it out?

twin4life: are you sure you want to play the bass? coz there are plenty of unusual instruments out there which are really interesting.

i dont understand why youd want to hog it all to yourself...

its been around for a while its not like you discovered it and can keep it to yourself

i think it can be seen as trendy because a couple years back when my friends picked up instruments, most of them wanted to start on bass

and now, out of six of them that are trying to start bands, four still keep to bass and prefer it to a guitar even though theyve learned to play guitar

contrary to popular belief, there's a lot more to playing bass than knowing basic guitar stuff and then just translating it over to single notes on 4 strings. it's a whole different feel from playing guitar, unless the only guitar you can play is power chords. you'll learn to pick up subleties and nuances of rhythms and counter melodies that you won't even notice when you're playing guitar.

so i guess i would say, between bass and guitar, bass is probably easier to learn the basics (or is it BASSICS!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) but if you want to be a master, you'll probably put the same amount of time into either. (i consider myself a master of neither, personally)