✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Chris: I'm Too Old To Collaborate With Bieber

coldplaymom

Coldplay Chris: I’m too old to collaborate with Bieber

Chris Martin

Feeling his age ... Chris Martin at the Capital FM Summertime Ball at Wembley

By GORDON SMART, Showbiz Editor

CHRIS Martin had no problem getting intimate with Rihanna in his new video — but it’s made him self-conscious about his looks.

The Coldplay frontman — whose band headlined the Capital FM Summertime Ball yesterday in front of 80,000 fans — has ruled out a collaboration with Justin Bieber because he’s scared the teen will make him look wrinkly.

Chris said before his group’s set at the Wembley Stadium event, backed by The Sun: “Rihanna was top of our list of collaborators, and we’ve done that.

“She was lovely — she was cool. We’d work with anyone who wanted to work with us.

“But Justin Bieber is too handsome for us.

“If he wants to do a video with four people who look like his grandparents then we should be in it.

“But we’ve got to look good — we’d just look terrible next to that guy. He’s good-looking and has an amazing complexion.”

Maybe it’s time to start borrowing some of his missus Gwyneth Paltrow’s mung-bean moisturisers.

Kelly Clarkson

UK appearance ... Kelly Clarkson with Showbiz Editor Gordon Smart

Dave Hogan

Chris carried his inferiority complex on stage, shouting to the crowd: “We’re Justin Bieber’s dads.”

And before they played their hit Charlie Brown under blazing sunshine Chris shouted out: “Are there any Beliebers out there?”

He also joked before the group’s six-song set that they were only going to play Bieber covers.

Chris has one thing in common with the youngster, though — he stuffed himself with sweets before the gig because he said he needs the sugar rush for stage performances.

Coldplay were the first of 15 acts at the Ball, which also featured Cheryl Cole, Rita Ora, Jessie J, Usher and The Wanted.

Rita Ora

The eyes have it ... Rita Ora on stage

After their 4pm set, the group jumped in a helicopter waiting to fly them to another gig in Manchester last night — and there was a 50-seat jet for their crew.

That treatment might make Chris feel a bit better about his wrinkles.

When Coldplay were on stage at Wembley Kelly Clarkson was clattered by Will Champion’s drumstick. She was watching from the wings when it snapped and hurtled towards her.

Clutching her rock memento backstage, she said: “I wanted the band to sign it but they had to get to their next gig. Will apologised, so I’m happy.”

Rita Ora

Not having a ball ... Rita Ora

Before Coldplay took to the stage, Chris Martin paid Summertime Ball host Lisa Snowdon a huge compliment after she appeared in yesterday’s Sun in a skimpy swimsuit.

Co-host Dave Berry told me: “Chris grabbed Lisa and said he was a big fan of her picture in The Sun.”

Rita Ora swapped towering heels for trainers to dash to our backstage room – but didn’t like the decor.

She said: “You’ve got pictures of Jessie J, Coldplay, Katy Perry and Ed Sheeran but not me.

“It won’t be like that next year.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4364320/Coldplay-Chris-Im-too-old-to-collaborate-with-Justin-Bieber.html

I do not see why he thinks it is old, for his children, be father before 30 years old it's perfect. I still feel that children need parents young to properly educate and always be present. (because parents like looking grandparents is unfortunate for the children, they need to live life and activity to the same .

maybe if made a song for his son Moses, he will feel younger Chris.

So I can 't understand his wife Gwynnie, will always feel young and does things in life. an active mom home and work.

That means it hit her in the head, right?:\

no Will hit in the head of Gordon Smart look like Chris

because picture :

UK appearance ... Kelly Clarkson with Showbiz Editor Gordon Smart

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4364320/Coldplay-Chris-Im-too-old-to-collaborate-with-Justin-Bieber.html

look like it's true the journalist can also be frozen completely bizarre

Thank god! I think this is just Chris's way of saying that they don't want to collaborate with Beiber, without being rude. :lol:

yes but you know how he did autographs with a face drawn on a balloon?