✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guitar

Mollyxyloto

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great :D thanks

So do you have any advice? Which guitar is easiest to learn, prefer to learn electric, which electric would be best to start with?:D

The most traditional method is to learn on an acoustic, but there's no reason you can't learn just as well on an electric.

Honestly, I've heard a lot of people say they wish they started with electric as the necks are generally thinner (thus easier to finger correctly), plus then they're getting used to steel strings whereas a lot of "student" level acoustics are intended for nylon strings (they often have an untrussed neck to save money.)

I'd say if you want to play elecric, just go with that.

This is the 100th post on this thread!!!!!!

Here's a suggestion:

Condense your questions into one post, for cripes sake. You've made like a bajillion posts for something that could easily go into one single post... it hurts my eyes to read

also apparently self-teaching guitar can be bad if you pick up wrong techniques as habit and whatnot

Here's a suggestion:

Condense your questions into one post, for cripes sake. You've made like a bajillion posts for something that could easily go into one single post... it hurts my eyes to read

also apparently self-teaching guitar can be bad if you pick up wrong techniques as habit and whatnot

FWIW the signature techniques of many famous and well regarded players come from "incorrect" things they picked up from being self taught.

If you're self taught you'll get a good ear. But that's only if you figure out the songs for yourself - without sheet music. I guess it doesn't really matter if you take lessons or learn music yourself.

Why do people think music is so complicated? :confused:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started to learn guitar just over a year ago, I bought a second hand electric guitar from a friend with an amp and case. Since then I've been teaching myself, learning parts of songs that interest me, and keep practising until I can do it. Then going back to songs that were once too hard for me and flying through it.

I went the unconventional way of learning on an electric before acoustic, and in my opinion electric is easier. It depends on what you want to play, personally I love songs like Hurts Like Heaven, with upbeat notes instead of songs that are mainly acoustic. Don't get me wrong though, I love coming up with little melodies on my acoustic that sound lovely.

It depends entirely on you, but you won't know what's best for you until you try. I think it's best to have an acoustic and electric, and just switch now and then. I've found with acoustics, you need a lot more finger strength, your fingers have to be much more firmly pressed down on the frets otherwise you get funky buzzing noises.

I love teaching myself songs, there's a huge sense of accomplishment when you manage to perfect a song with a difficult riff.

I taught myself piano for the last 4 years, and I am OK I guess, I have been learning guitar for around the last 4 months. I am starting with acoustic, seems more natural to start there, taught myself a bunch of chords, learn parts of a few different songs in order to practice transitions, just starting to practice finger picking... Learning barre chords is very difficult, it will be very hard, then one day, it will just work. With background knowlege from piano, I think you will pick guitar up at a reasonable rate, like myself I guess, but compared to learning piano, it is much more difficult in my opinion, very rewarding though. I love guitar now... allthough im still not very good at all. Good luck

You don't know what your'e missing...

I've tried yellow few mins ago acoustic and its amazing and super easy song to play

Yellow109 01 by Jonrev on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free didn't sound very well but anyway its great

"for you i love you so :D"

Are you playing with a soft pick? I dont know how you get that uniform sound, if that makes sense, even across all the strings, the right volume etc...