✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guitar

Mollyxyloto

I taught myself how to play piano/keyboard and I wouldn't class myself as brilliant but I'm okay. I want to learn how to play guitar and drums too.

For learning guitar (self teaching) which is best to start on?

And

Is it hard to teach myself electric guitar? I am very committed and will NOT give up when I get blistered fingers:D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm self taught piano for 4 years :P

If I can learn guitar in like 3 months via piano experience, then you should have no problem. I'm left handed too so that added extra difficulty :uhoh:

Start off with acoustic and then branch off. Also, guitar is fairly difficult, but that's not something you should fear because everyone has differet styles and ways of playing it. Learn some easy Coldplay songs with basic chords first!

I got it off of Craigslist for $225. The guy had it originally for $250, but since it was a left-handed, he dropped it for me. Also it came with 2 pack of strings, a case, and a tuner with some guitar picks. It was Dean, blue color and it's electric acoustic so i can plug it in to an amplifier if I wish :p

It all depends what you're intro hahah. I learn by practicing so it helps to know people who are into that parts of music you're interested it and also to have the instruments with you. I recommend talking to you're friends who know guitar better to get their opinion :P

I taught myself how to play piano/keyboard and I wouldn't class myself as brilliant but I'm okay. I want to learn how to play guitar and drums too.

For learning guitar (self teaching) which is best to start on?

And

Is it hard to teach myself electric guitar? I am very committed and will NOT give up when I get blistered fingers:D

Start off with acoustic. Don't begin with an electric. Using an acoustic is much easier to adapt to when starting off, and, in my opinion, it's easier to play sometimes.

Yes and reason is because:

A. It's A LOT cheaper

B. It's easier to work with

Q. You can do some neat things on acoustic guitars. Plus they're not as abrasive or heavy. They feel nicer to have...although mine is a little bigger then I'd like it, but it's a good guitar for a great deal :awesome:

Yes and reason is because:

A. It's A LOT cheaper

B. It's easier to work with

Q. You can do some neat things on acoustic guitars. Plus they're not as abrasive or heavy. They feel nicer to have...although mine is a little bigger then I'd like it, but it's a good guitar for a great deal :awesome:

:nod:

Yes, but usually most people get electric guitars to play single notes, rather then chords, but you can still do both. You can take an acoustic song and make it electric.

*Hint* I figured that if you play close to the bridge on an acoustic, you get that twanny sound like an electric lmao