✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12 Coldplay Months of 2012: October (Old photo project revives and charity stuff)

20121110_NZ1_02_JR8_A2804_Edit.jpg

VEVO reveals dates for Coldplay’s Latin American Tour, announcement expected soon.

1 October 2012

On the 1st of October Vevo posted some dates of a probable upcoming Latin America Tour for early 2013.

The tour was announced by the band a couple days after the leak of Vevo. Half November the tour was sadly enough going to be postponed for unknown reasons.

A Latin American tour announcement moved a step closer last night as it appears that Vevo (a reputable source given that they control Coldplay's video channel on YouTube) revealed new tour dates online through their own website and mobile site. While the venues are the same as those previously rumoured back in mid-August, there are still discrepancies over the dates.

There has been no official word yet on the exact dates, but the countries most likely to be host to potential concerts following this latest discovery are still expected to include Brazil (3 dates), Argentina, Uruguay and Chile. Peru seemed to have already been ruled out by a promoter recently. Hopefully we will get more more on any new dates soon - the 2010 tour in February/March of that year was announced almost six months earlier. -which means we are expecting an official announcement on the 2013 tour any day now.

latinamerica2011rumoursVEVO2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Martin tipped to replace Keith Urban on Australia’s The Voice in November.

8 October 2012

Chris Martin is tipped to replace Keith Urban on Australia’s The Voice. But but despite speculation, Chris is not the only one tipped for the hottest contested seat in Australia.

lalala.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hurts Like Heaven - New single

8 October 2012

We're pleased to report that the fifth and final single from Mylo Xyloto will be Hurts Like Heaven. The full video is coming on Monday - but you can watch the trailer now...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPS7m9vZBfo]Coldplay - Hurts Like Heaven (Video trailer) - YouTube[/ame]

Good afternoon, here is the brand new video for Hurts Like Heaven. It was directed by Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda, MORE, and the upcoming The Little Prince) and charts a graffiti gang's colourful but doomed rebellion against Major Minus and his oppressive regime. If you're in Germany, you can watch the video here.

It is the prequel to the story of Mylo Xyloto which will be told via the six-part Mylo Xyloto comic series to be released monthly by Matt Groening's celebrated Bongo Comics from February 2013. The comic series is available to pre-order from today in the Coldplay Shop. Ten people who order the series (or the lithograph/series bundle) before November 30 will be randomly selected to receive a signed copy of the Issue One Comic-Con Variant Cover, signed by the band and its co-creator Mark Osborne.

The illustrations for the video were done by Alejandro Fuentes with color by Steve Hamaker. Pascal Charrue and Arnaud Delord and all the gang at Fortiche did the graphics and Alexander Juhasz did the original storyboards.

Anchorman

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8KV0mzqTXY]Coldplay - Hurts Like Heaven - YouTube[/ame]

Some reactions from some Coldplayers.

It's just a fucking ad. That's what's annoying about it. - Brent

I was fine with it. Not as great as like ETIAW or something, but good. - Coldlocked

For me the video is fine and the story is interesting (finally we discover the famous Car Kids, Silencers, Major Minus). It makes me want to read the comic. - Harondor

I don't adore the video, but I really like it. It's a good concept. The ending with the baby Mylo is very very cute in my opinion. - M@r@

Pollresults.

HLHvideopoll1.png

HLH_FRONT.jpgHLH_BACK.jpg

Hurts Like Heaven - Promo CD

Tracklisting:

01. Radio Edit

02. Album Version

03. Instrumental

Us Against The World - Oxfam video

10 October 2012

To celebrate 26,000 fans joining the GROW food justice campaign on the Mylo Xyloto tour, Oxfam on Tour has launched an exclusive video of Us Against The World live in Berlin. Watch it below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAvOZhOKoFs]Oxfam on Tour presents Coldplay's Us Against the World - YouTube[/ame]

Guys old photo project

15 October 2012

Hello. In 2010, I asked you to help me with a personal art project, by sending in old photographs. Some incredible photos were sent in from all over the world (a few of them are shown above). And now I'd like to see if you can help me to find any more.

As before, they can be good photos, or completely out of focus. They can be black and white or colour. The point is that they are pictures dating back to the 1960s and before, that have been thrown away and found again - rather than your own old family photographs. Thanks for your help. I can't wait to see what you come up with this time.

Guy

guyold.png

Original Mylo Xyloto artwork to be sold for Kids Company

16 October 2012

As we all know, Coldplay is the dearest band in this world. Selling their original Mylo wall emphasizes this again.

Coldplay and Paris are pleased to announce an exhibition of original Mylo Xyloto artwork to raise funds for Kids Company. The exhibition will run from 29 November to 2 December at Proud Galleries in Camden, London.

The show will feature three original paintings on canvas by Coldplay and the band's Mylo Xyloto artwork collaborator Paris, as well as the original 7m X 2.5m graffiti wall that became the album artwork. A second wall painted by children from Kids Company and Paris will be displayed alongside Coldplay’s larger wall.

Also at the exhibition will be three high-quality prints of the Mylo Xyloto album artwork (each a limited edition of 8 and signed by the band); three high-quality album artwork prints (each a limited edition of 650 and signed by Paris); and unseen photographs from the Mylo Xyloto world tour taken by Roadie #42. These prints have been produced by Album Artists.

All of the work is for sale - both at the exhibition and online at Album Artists' website - with 100% of the proceeds going to Kids Company, a children’s charity which reaches out to over 17,000 vulnerable young people in the most deprived areas of London.

The great wall was sold for £500,000 :D

You can still buy things here

MXexhibit8.jpg

Stars auction shoes for charity - Chris' shoes

18 October 2012

Chris Martin auctioned his 12s pair shoes during a celebrity shoes auction. The shoes were sold for £3,600 ($5,769/€4.396).

Chris about his shoes: "These shoes come from the beginning of the Mylo xyloto album project. They are sort of homemade and I love them, and am proud to be asked to donate them to this wonderful cause,"

The money goes to the Small Steps Project which provided aid to children forced to live and work on rubbish dumps around the world.

2063379179.jpg

Rythem Del Mundo - Viva La Vida

19 October 2012

They did a Clocks version. Now they did a version of Viva La Vida.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug2OoHcnuQk]Rhythms Del Mundo - Viva La Vida (Africa Mix) ft. Coldplay - YouTube[/ame]

Happy 12 year Trouble!

23 October 2012

Today the Trouble single release was 12 years ago. Let's celebrate 12 years of this long time Coldplay Classic. :vuvuzela:

art_trouble.jpg

Coldplay back in 2000, Bizarre Festival, Germany.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVldBcVEcK0]Coldplay Trouble Live 2000 - YouTube[/ame]

Coldplay in 2012, Wells Fargo Centre, Philadelphia, USA

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C16c7HyQ-sU]Coldplay - Trouble - Live at Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia PA 7/6/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Happy one year Mylo Xyloto!

24 October 2012

It has been a year since the release of Coldplay’s 5th album, Mylo Xyloto.

@Coldplay: Has it really been a year? Thanks to everyone who bought Mylo Xyloto. #MXis1 PH

Mylo-Xyloto.jpg

Live 2012 to be streamed worldwide for one night

29 October 2012

This was the most awesome thing in October IMO. The announcement of Live 2012 to be streamed in cinemas. Live 2012 is awesome. :loveshower:

Good morning. We're pleased to report that - ahead of the release of Coldplay's concert film/live album, Live 2012, on DVD/CD/Blu-ray on 19 November - the film is to get a special one-night-only release in cinemas around the world.

MXposter974k.jpg

Thank you for a lovely review of October.

I miss an "Us against the world" video for Oxfam option in the poll as I would definitely have voted for that one. The MX wall or Chris' shoes for charity - Mylo Xyloto's one year anniversary, the annoucnement of the Live 2012 to be shown in various cinemas were other good contenders. But US against the world wins. It is such a lovely song - glad that they chose that one for Oxfam.