✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New homepage layout...

Black Rose

Latest updates:

• "Today in Coldplay history..." widget added to sidebar. Neat.
  • Horizontal banner changed to vertical position, to minimise unused space.
  • Featured Articles box appearing order fixed.

Plenty other stuff going on in the background such as removal of unused tags, improving menus, adding news categories and gallery integration from vBulletin.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna say that it's immensely horrible but I don't really like it.

There are a few reasons that I don't like it (especially as a designer my self).

To start with: It's a mess! Nothing connects together. It looks like it are all different parts from different designs put together without any tweaking.

- The website is not following the current standards! It brings the user years back and it doesn't improve much on the old layout except that it's different.

- The content boxes are out of it's order.

I mean: Big boxes | Tight boxes and middle sized boxes which makes things confusing.

- It's not really grid based, by following the overall grid it could become much cleaner!

- There is a lack of whitespace which could clean up a lot.

- It's old! Now you might think.. old? It's actually new! It's not using HTML5 and CSS3 which is becoming the new standard soon, not that this is that big of a problem but I'd advise to follow these standards.

- Contrast (color & content) Things don't seem to work well together, especialy the dark colors in the footer.

And most of all, it's not really having the 'Coldplay' vibe!

Improvements.

What could be a huge improvement, is planning the content in a clean way.

What has the biggest priority for the visitor to see when he/she enters the website?

By combining things it will be possible to clean things up, and it will make things available for the visitor only when he/she wants to see it.

By creating more whitespace, things will be cleaner and less 'bright to the eye'.

I could add plenty more things but that would be way to much text but I'm just trying to be a help so it would be an amazing site for an amazing community ready for the future! :)