✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THIS IS BATMAN.

Batman

IF YOU'RE SUFFERING FROM INDESCRIBABLE EMOTIONAL PAIN, THIS IS THE SEEDY CORNER FOR YOU TO GO.

NOW SOMETHING ABOUT MYSELF:

I HATE EVERYTHING

64IdMQu.jpg

WHAT ABOUT YOU

TELL US ABOUT THE SHIT THAT'S BOTHERING YOU. AND YES YELLING IS APPRECIATED BECAUSE RAGE IS GOOD.

• Like 1

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is for you Batman:

Okay so

I had a big big argument with my mother last night because she said to me that I need make up because she thinks I'm not feminine enough for her taste.

She wants me to wear heels because I need to look "taller", make up to look "prettier", I need to burn all my bands t-shirts because she thinks they are for boys and are depressing.

She has never accepted the way I am and everytime I try to explain her that I am happy as I am, that I do have friends whom doesn't matter if I look feminine or not, she always says to me that I'm being silly.

I even heard her saying to her sister on the phone that she's afraid that I may be a lesbian.

Ugh, my father , on the other hand has always shown his support and admiration of how strong I am, why can't she see it?

^ HAVE YOU TOLD HER YOU THAT MAYBE SHE'S JUST SILLY AND ACTING IN A VERY SUPERFICIALLY WAY? AND THAT IT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY AND MAD THAT SHE DOES SO? TELLING FAMILY MEMBERS HOW YOU ACTUALLY FEEL ABOUT THEM SOMETIMES HAS A VERY STRONG EFFECT ON THEM.

AND TELL HER THAT YOU ACCIDENTALLY HEARD WHAT SHE SAID ON THE PHONE BECAUSE THAT'S JUST SAD :angry:

I've told her, many, many times, and everytime she's like "as long as you're my daughter I will have control over you, until you live under this roof you will have to respect my rules, you will be able to do wathever you want when you will be 20"

I'm 17 years old and everything i want to do is being my-self but with her is impossibile, because in her own mind she's the only one capable of saying/knowing the truth

DO YOU KNOW IF SHE ALSO GREW UP UNDER SUCH CONDITIONS? IF YOU DON'T, ASK HER. AND THEN TELL HER HOW SHE WOULD FEEL IF THERE WAS SOME IDIOT TELLING HER WHAT TO DO ALL DAMN DAY LONG.

OR SHOCK HER AND SAY SOMETHING HARSH LIKE "I'M GOING TO KILL PEOPLE IF I HAVE TO ENDURE THIS ANY LONGER"

@ Jonny Cake,

I just felt this unimaginable wave of rage when I read "burn all my bands t-shirts because they are for boys and are depressing"

How dare she?! You should be able to wear whatever the heck you want! You're not hurting anyone! And "afraid that you might be a lesbian", I don't care if that's true or not, parents should just be happy that their kids are happy, and once again, not hurting anyone.

Now, I've never been badgered by anyone, not even my parents, to wear something other than jeans and t-shirts. Thank god no one has, and I sincerely hope that your mother gets on the same page as your Dad.

Sorry, I just reread the make-up thing; really? Not feminine enough for her taste?

I don't even know what to say to that. :|

Sorry if this long and way out of line. :embarrassed:

Sorry, I just reread the make-up thing; really? Not feminine enough for her taste?

SAME HERE DUDE.

YO YOU CAN SAY WHATEVER YOU LIKE ON HERE, THAT'S WHY I BLOODY MADE THIS THREAD!

@ Jonny Cake,

I just felt this unimaginable wave of rage when I read "burn all my bands t-shirts because they are for boys and are depressing"

How dare she?! You should be able to wear whatever the heck you want! You're not hurting anyone! And "afraid that you might be a lesbian", I don't care if that's true or not, parents should just be happy that their kids are happy, and once again, not hurting anyone.

Now, I've never been badgered by anyone, not even my parents, to wear something other than jeans and t-shirts. Thank god no one has, and I sincerely hope that your mother gets on the same page as your Dad.

Awww thanks my dear :kiss: :kiss:

She's a good mother, I know she loves me but she gives too much importance on superficial things

I will :saw: her and yell: BATMAN TOLD ME TO DO IT

GOOD GIRL. CONTINUE BEING BADASS PLEASE.

AND SERIOUSLY, KICK HER ASS, IN ANY WAY YOU LIKE. I HATE IT WHEN PARENTS ARE SO NARROW MINDED AAAAAARRRRRR :veryangry:

@ Jonny & the Cake

It is a sad story you wrote, I am sorry for you.

I am a mother now. And I LOVE it when my son (8) is wearing his own choises! He has no problem at all to go to town with 2 differnt shoes haha (oops) and I often compliment him for doing what he likes - as long he is hurting no-one.

I know a lot of parrents are projecting their dreams and goals on their children and I am aware to not become like them. Maybe it is more difficult when the children are older, I don't know. For me it is most important that they are happy.

When I was 16 or so, I could wear the clothers I wanted. But when I think of it now, it was ofthen the choise of my parrents; I wanted to please them. Then I met my boyfriend; leather jacket, leather trousers, big hair - yes, I know but it was very, VERY cool at that time!!!

He only wore Iron Maiden Tshirts and ACDC buttons etc. and my parrents told me that he may not enter the hous in leather ?!!?!! :facepalm: :embarrassed:

The first time he visit my parrents he wore....leather pants! He had bought my mother flowers for her birthday and she melted for this guesture. Afther that, they never ever said anything for his hard-rock outfit again :D

Yes, he is still my hubby :love:

I hope for you, that you will stand up against your mother. Look inside your heart and do what is good. Keep on speaking terms with her and tell her how you feel about the things she tells you. Her argument "you live under my roof - and you will do as I say" is because of her own insecurity and fears. She should not have to say such a thing - it is not good to preasure you like this.

Take care!

This is for you Batman:

Okay so

I had a big big argument with my mother last night because she said to me that I need make up because she thinks I'm not feminine enough for her taste.

She wants me to wear heels because I need to look "taller", make up to look "prettier", I need to burn all my bands t-shirts because she thinks they are for boys and are depressing.

She has never accepted the way I am and everytime I try to explain her that I am happy as I am, that I do have friends whom doesn't matter if I look feminine or not, she always says to me that I'm being silly.

I even heard her saying to her sister on the phone that she's afraid that I may be a lesbian.

Ugh, my father , on the other hand has always shown his support and admiration of how strong I am, why can't she see it?

:(

That's sad to read. Maybe for her next birthday you could give her a book on feminism, or a printed copy of this thread: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97701

You have my sympathy, you really do :hug:

Awww thanks everyone :hug:

I repeat, she's a really good mother because she cares if I'm healthy or not, If I have what I need etcetera but she's afraid that people make fun of me when it's not true and she won't believe me.

She's doing what she is doing because she's afraid of what other people may think. I love her and she loves me, that's important I think, but we have almost everyday an argument because of her insecurities towards my life

I repeat, she's a really good mother because she cares if I'm healthy or not, If I have what I need etcetera but she's afraid that people make fun of me when it's not true and she won't believe me.

She's doing what she is doing because she's afraid of what other people may think. I love her and she loves me, that's important I think, but we have almost everyday an argument because of her insecurities towards my life

I'm glad you can see that it is your best interests she has at heart, however misguided she is. I just hope that at some point she will see the potential damage that can be done within the family if she focuses on it in the way she does.

I was about to say it sounds like your mum is projecting her own fears onto you. Seems to fear that of which she does not understand or have much experience with. I suppose this would be important to recognise if you guys get in arguments or whatnot

Also I just posted my emotional ANGST story here, damn there being two useful places for such things! I also hate that school eats all my time available to deal with it :sad: